Options
2»

Comments

• the_wife
    the_wife Member Posts: 184
    Options
    swopoe said:

I am sorry

about all of this Tim. Obamacare is a complete mess. I don't know who it is helping to be honest. And I am sorry you are suffering. I spent sometime this evening looking at our medical claims, and my husband's surgery/hospital bill was over $92k. Complete insanity.

So many things are wrong here.

Our bill so far (pd. by

Our bill so far (pd. by insurance) is nearly $130k.Frown

I heard there is something called the Compassion Allowance through Social Security that allows you to collect your full benefit if you retire early. The stipulation is that if you are disabled after cancer and unable to return to work for as long as a year, you can apply for this program. Just go to the social security website (the official one, not those fake ones) and apparently you can apply online and you don't need a lawyer. I called one of the Legal Cancer helplines and they told me about this. Not sure what kind of health coverage you'll get, though. Might be worth checking into. 

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options

I don't know about

being turned down, but our premiums are going up 3x the cost for next year with Obamacare!

I think Honda was referring the the health SHARE program that didn't want to touch him.   That's a shame, too! 

Christian health care

That is correct health share is a Christian organization who are self-insured and not part of the Obamacare pack, so they can refuse to give you health care if they believe you are high risk.  I can't say I blame them because i am high risk with all the side effects i have and are still coming

Tim

• Hondo
    Options
    the_wife said:

Our bill so far (pd. by

Our bill so far (pd. by insurance) is nearly $130k.Frown

I heard there is something called the Compassion Allowance through Social Security that allows you to collect your full benefit if you retire early. The stipulation is that if you are disabled after cancer and unable to return to work for as long as a year, you can apply for this program. Just go to the social security website (the official one, not those fake ones) and apparently you can apply online and you don't need a lawyer. I called one of the Legal Cancer helplines and they told me about this. Not sure what kind of health coverage you'll get, though. Might be worth checking into. 

Hi Wife

Yes I am on SS disability at my full rate, I also had a company long term disability that puts me right over there limit to get any help. It sucks because I have two medicines I need and they are both $160.00 a month each. Oh well still not sure what we are going to do but from what I been reading on the internet there are about 6 million families’ all having the same problems.

Tim

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Wife

Yes I am on SS disability at my full rate, I also had a company long term disability that puts me right over there limit to get any help. It sucks because I have two medicines I need and they are both $160.00 a month each. Oh well still not sure what we are going to do but from what I been reading on the internet there are about 6 million families’ all having the same problems.

Tim

Medicare

Do you not qualify for Medicare, Tim?

Since our daughter was diagnosed with MS a couple of years ago we've found many medications qualify for low or no payment regardless of your insurance.  Contact the drug manufacturer.

• Hondo
    Options
    maybe just maybe

Well maybe just maybe we think we found a Christian Med Share that is going to accept us. The only problem is they don’t have drug prescriptions; they have a discount card but you can get them off the internet every day. So I might have to pay full price for the Nycynta I take which is close to $530.00 buck, I am trying to get my ENT to find something else that will work as good as the Nycynta does, but like the Dr said it is going to be hard. Anyway please keep us in prayer

Tim   

• Noellesmom
    Noellesmom Member Posts: 1,859 Member
    Options
    Nucynta

The manufacturer's website has a decent discount card.  

• Hondo
    Options

Nucynta

The manufacturer's website has a decent discount card.  

Thanks for the tip

I find that the Nucynta ER and just the plane Nucynta are different is price, being I use a PRG tube to eat and take Meds through I can’t take the Nucynta ER so that one is out and I am glad cost double the price.

I found the web-site for just the plane Nucynta I can get for about $245.74, that is not too good but better then $500.00 a month for just one pain medicine.

I was trying Morphine but I do not like the way it makes me feel, like if I am lost in space somewhere  

Now if I can just get an answer for this Christian Med Share group I might be OK till I get on Medicare next year.

Thanks again

Tim  

• Hondo
    Options

same thing here

We are in the same boat.  Our cost is tripling and it's either pay Obamacare or our house payment.  We moved to have lower taxes and mortgage costs already.  It's so frustrating!  I called the marketplace to tell them that we would NOT be renewing and suddenly they were "able to reevaluate our situation and find lower cost care for us".  Let's see if that really happens.  We were paying much, much less per month being uninsured.  Even with the high cost of cancer treatment. 

Funny thing...one of my coworkers has two children with her boyfriend.  They refuse to get married (they live together and both work part time) and she has free insurance on her children through the state and her and her boyfriend's insurance is less than $100/month. AND it's really good insurance!!!!  HOW does THAT work?  

divorce

Man I hate to divorce my wife for health insurance. You know it is a joke but many older couples divorce or never marry for the same reason because the benefits are better if you are single and your income lower. The way I see it, insurance I can do without my wife I can’t, she is worth more to me than all the gold in the US.

Tim    

• Kent Cass
    Kent Cass Member Posts: 1,898 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

All we can do is to pray

They are right to call it Cobra because it is just like a snake, how can they figure someone out of work can pay $1,500.00 a month for insurance

Yes, I did find out that after 2 years on disability I can enroll in Medicare but that will not be till February 2017.

P: you are right as I was searching on the web I found there are about 6 million people all having problems and can’t pay for affordable health insurance because it is not affordable.

We really need to all pray because this is just not America anymore.

Keep praying, just keep praying

Tim