Lightheaded ??

Options
vtspa6
vtspa6 Member Posts: 172

The one constant symptom my husband has with his folfox6 with avastin treatment is he is always lightheaded when he is up walking around.  The onc. tells him to drink more fluids, but he drinks at least at least 5 - 6 12 oz bottles of water a day.  Does anyone else have this problem and what solutions have you tried?

Thanks, Vicky

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Hard to say

When I was doing chemo, my head never felt right. I never thought of it as being lightheaded, but I guess it could have been described as such.  I lost my balance completely and had to use a walker. I also lost my peripheral vision.  My head also felt like it was filled with cotton wool. I had the chemo brain in a bad way. 

Is he lightheaded as in feeling faint? I never felt faint just totally off balance. 

Sadly, I can't give any advice as I never found anything to help me.

Sue - Trubrit

• vtspa6
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Hard to say

When I was doing chemo, my head never felt right. I never thought of it as being lightheaded, but I guess it could have been described as such.  I lost my balance completely and had to use a walker. I also lost my peripheral vision.  My head also felt like it was filled with cotton wool. I had the chemo brain in a bad way. 

Is he lightheaded as in feeling faint? I never felt faint just totally off balance. 

Sadly, I can't give any advice as I never found anything to help me.

Sue - Trubrit

He says it is more off

He says it is more off balance.  He has it even during the non chemo week.  He had a brain MRI to make sure the cancer did not spread to the brain and it was negative for cancer.  He gets up slowly but will still be lightheaded.  He also takes Zofran for nausea during treatment.

• db8ne1
    db8ne1 Member Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I highly recommend a cane

I was off-balance all through chemo. I ended up falling 1/2 way through chemo and breaking both of my wrists. So, I couldn't continue working and had to go on short term disability for 8 weeks as I had no use of my hands.  Good thing it was summer!  I used a cane until I regained my equilibrium - which was a couple of months after I finished chemo.

Be safe!

J

• Trubrit
    Options
    vtspa6 said:

He says it is more off

He says it is more off balance.  He has it even during the non chemo week.  He had a brain MRI to make sure the cancer did not spread to the brain and it was negative for cancer.  He gets up slowly but will still be lightheaded.  He also takes Zofran for nausea during treatment.

Constant

I think it started around treatment four (I would have to look it up) and got gradually worse until it was a contant thing. It also went away pretty fast after treatment finished. 

I was grateful for my walker (Zimmer frame), even if I did look like I was 90 years old.

Sue - Trubrit

• vtspa6
    Options
    db8ne1 said:

I highly recommend a cane

I was off-balance all through chemo. I ended up falling 1/2 way through chemo and breaking both of my wrists. So, I couldn't continue working and had to go on short term disability for 8 weeks as I had no use of my hands.  Good thing it was summer!  I used a cane until I regained my equilibrium - which was a couple of months after I finished chemo.

Be safe!

J

Yikes!  The bad thing with

Yikes!  The bad thing with Tim is he will always be on chemo, so I am hoping that something will change.  Some of the side affects do say lightheadeness so maybe if they change his dosage??  His job was  driving and delivering fuel to customers.  Right now there is no way he could do that, he wouldn't pass the physical to drive.

• Trubrit
    Options
    vtspa6 said:

Yikes!  The bad thing with

Yikes!  The bad thing with Tim is he will always be on chemo, so I am hoping that something will change.  Some of the side affects do say lightheadeness so maybe if they change his dosage??  His job was  driving and delivering fuel to customers.  Right now there is no way he could do that, he wouldn't pass the physical to drive.

No driving

I ran my husband's car into our mail box, and that was the end of my driving until chemo was over. 

I am sorry to hear that he is on the chemo for life. No fun! 

Sue - Trubrit