Hi Guys!

UncleBuddy
UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member

I just thought I'd post an update. My brother is on Vectibix every other week. He has the yucky rash on his face. The doctor has given him creme to help control it. If it gets worse they will put him on Minocycline. He's feeling okay, just a little tired which is to be expected. I saw his CEA and it is down to 97.2 from 390.

Dad is okay, getting more aggitated as the Alzheimers slowly gets worse. Everything is a battle lately.

A couple of weeks ago my sister came into town with her boyfriend and spent 4 days with my brother and dad. By the time she left, dad's bp was 180/88 and my brother gained 6 lbs of water weight from all the sodium high foods she gave him. Then I was accused of stealing dad's money because years ago he added me to his accounts because he was bouncing checks and wanted me to start paying his bills. Dad was agitated for a couple of weeks after she left because of all the things she said to him. It's funny how some people can blow into town and when they leave it looks like a tornado came through.

Sorry, I needed to vent. My sister who lives locally and myself and my hubby work hard to keep dad and my brother happy, healthy and safe. When someone comes along and starts accusing of of all sorts of things, it really knocks you for a loop. I'm not going to let her get me down.

Do any of you caretakers out there have any issues with other family members?

Lin

PS Just for the record, I would never touch dad's money other than to pay his bills. I wasn't brought up like that. I don't need dad's money. Any money he has has to go to my brother anyway to help him out once dad is gone. It's in the will.

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    The good, the bad and the ugly

The ugly being your sister's attitude. I am happy to hear that she lives out of town, as it seems neither you, your brother or dad need that kind of agro around. 

As for the accusations, let it roll of your back. Your dad chose you for a reason, and it wasn't because he thought you were going to rip him off, but knew you would take care of him when he was no longer able to take care of himself. 

I hope your brother's CEA continues to drop and your stress level with it. 

Sue - Trubrit

• JanJan63
    JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member
    How sad, I'm sorry. Funny how

How sad, I'm sorry. Funny how the one who isn't there can show up and make negative assumptions and then react tp those assumptions. Family strife always seems to brng out the worst or best in people.

Jan

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    What Sue said

Let it roll off your back.   I hope she doesn't come to town very often--sounds like  your dad's blood pressure couldn't take  many of her visits!!

Grace

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Forget

your stupid sister. Or suggest she take care of them full time, then watch how quickly she backs down. Good for you for walking the walk, she's just flapping her gums.

Easyflip/Richard

• UncleBuddy
    Thanks Guys!

It's great to know there are people out there who get it!  My sister has no clue what I do for my dad and brother because she's not around and doesn't call.

The nurse called me last night and said he has a rash by the old ostomy scar. I brought him to the doctor on last week and he gave him cremes to use, but I guess he's not being consistent. Now I have to call daily just to remind him. His skin is extremely sensitive since he's had chemo. 

I'm heading south in a few weeks to spend the holidays with the grandchildren and 2 of my children. My younger daughter is taking dad and my brother to my sister's (who lives locally). She wanted to spend Christmas in NY. I haven't spent a Christmas with my older daughter in 5 years, so it will be nice. I'm looking forward to rlaxing with both my grandbabies.

I want to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving!'

Enjoy all the good food. Dad, my brother and daughter will be with us on Thursday. Looking forward to eating turkey and spending time with family. 

Lin

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Lin,

Remember to not sweat

Lin,

Remember to not sweat the small stuff. And it's all small stuff!

Especially the crap.  That is defininitely small stuff.

:-)

• UncleBuddy
    Phil64 said:

Lin,

Remember to not sweat

Lin,

Remember to not sweat the small stuff. And it's all small stuff!

Especially the crap.  That is defininitely small stuff.

:-)

Thanks Phil

I know, considering what you're all going through, it is crap! Things are getting back to normal. It has been quiet. The only isue right now is the rashes from vectibix. Dermatologist is trying different things, so hopefully something will work for him.