NED

JanJan63
JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

It's official. I am NED. I've prayed every night about it and prayed with gratitude when I found out. The lung spots haven't changed and likely have nothing to do with the colon cancer. They also discovered I have an old compression fracture in my back but that's another story. I am so grateful and relieved. After all the crap I've been through I can hardly believe it's over, for now at least.

I wasn't supposed to find out until I see the thoracic surgeon on this coming Monday but I had to go to my family doctor today for an Rx refill and he told me. Thank you Lord.

Jan

Comments

• EvelynB
    EvelynB Member Posts: 72
    Congratulations!!!

I can only imagine how happy you must feel today!!! I have read many of your posts and I know you have really been through it. I am so happy for you.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Yippee!

So very happy for you. It is such wonderful news. Now go out and get yourself something special (I'm all about NED treats). 

Let's Par-tay   image

Smiley happy 132.gif

Sue - Trubrit

• UncleBuddy
    UncleBuddy Member Posts: 1,019 Member
    Yay!!!

I hope you go out and celebrate! Congrats!!

Lin

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Congrats JJ!!!

NP.jpgTN.gif

• Hugmoe
    Hugmoe Member Posts: 9
    Happy for you

Jan I am very happy you have another victory to be thankful for this Thursday.

• JanJan63
    Thank you everybody! Oh, how

Thank you everybody! Oh, how I wish I could wave a magic wand and spread this to everyone else. NED for everyone!!

Now I can reveal my plans for the coming year. I didn't want to jinx things by saying anything any sooner. I've shown my horses locally in the past. The old guy in my avatar who is no longer with us but is in horsey heaven and the horse I have now who has been in our family for fifteen years. His name is Prince and he's a gorgeous palomino with a personality to match his beauty. I have some plans for him. One is to see about having him designated as a therapy horse. In the summers he could go around to see sick kids or seniors if they can come outside. He's quiet and sweet enough and is the horse that came to see me at the hospital when I was in there with the blood clot.

And, I've been wanting to get into a discipline called western dressage for  the past few years but couldn't because of the cancer and other assorted crap that's come along with it. This coming year I'll finally be well enough to show in it. It's a new trend in horses and I'm really excited about it. One of my closest friends just bought me a new saddle last week to celebrate my cancer survival, even though I didn't get the good news until today. I'm going to get a new saddle pad, show shirt, and anything else I'd need in the indigo blue colon cancer ribbon colour and ride for everyone who is fighting, has fought and won or has lost their battle. Today I feel like a warrior for the first time in the almost two years this has been going on.

I will continue to tell anyone who'll listen- and even those that don't want to- to get checked. I also have plans to try to get our local newspaper to publish an article in March about it. Colon cancer month. I didn't realize until today that I felt like a victim. I did not want that, I did not want the cancer to define me or make me feel like I am controlled by it. Today I feel like anti-cancer man. I feel like I could go out and visit everyone who is battling cancer and make it be gone. I can't but God knows I wish I could. After I got the news I said a prayer and thanked God for my results and then said I was sorry but could He please make it be gone for everyone who has it. Or at least help them and give them strength.  

I will continue my prayers for everyone. Hugs to all of you, keep fighting the good fight.

Jan

• JanJan63
    Computer illiterate

I was trying to post a pic of Prince, my horse but I can't figure it out.

• ron50
    ron50 Member Posts: 1,723 Member
    JanJan63 said:

Computer illiterate

Congratulations

Hugs Ron.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    JanJan63 said:

Computer illiterate

I will help you.

I would love to see Prince. 

Do you have an account with Photobucket or another online photo strotage place? I use Photobucket. 

If you do, we'll go from there. 

Sue - Trubrit

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Those 3

letters are a long time coming for you! You've been through so much this must be the sweetest news! Congratulations!

Easyflip/Richard

• JanJan63
    Trubrit said:

I will help you.

I would love to see Prince. 

Do you have an account with Photobucket or another online photo strotage place? I use Photobucket. 

If you do, we'll go from there. 

Sue - Trubrit

I do. I was trying to do it

I do. I was trying to do it from there. Thanks Sue!

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Easyflip said:

Those 3

letters are a long time coming for you! You've been through so much this must be the sweetest news! Congratulations!

Easyflip/Richard

How wonderful in every way!!!

How wonderful in every way!!! Enjoy planning the future you have dreamed about.

CM

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    Wonderful News!

I'm so very happy for you!

Grace

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    JanJan63 said:

Computer illiterate

Instructions For Posting Images

Are here

http://csn.cancer.org/node/297032#comment-1516006

Sealed

• marbleotis
    marbleotis Member Posts: 720 Member
    Just great

I can never read these NED stories enough.

Enjoy - enjoy - enjoy

• vtspa6
    vtspa6 Member Posts: 172
    You have been thru so much,

You have been thru so much, it is wonderful you can now relax and do all the things you have been holding off.  Congrats!!

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    Big Time relief, after all

Big Time relief, after all the apprehension. Enjoy the moment, Jan.

• JanJan63
    Thank you all!! I wish I

Thank you all!! I wish I could spread it around. I pray that I'll be saying congratulations to all of you soon!

• Phil64
    Phil64 Member Posts: 838 Member
    Congratulations Jan. What a

Congratulations Jan. What a wonderful thing to be NED!!!

Cool