Anyone have a lot of liver Mets?

I am alive
I am alive Member Posts: 315

I seem to have a plethora of liver Mets that have sprung up since March. Four have been sized - the largest is 2 cm, but the CT refers to several others as well. They are scattered throughout the liver. I confess that I googled liver Mets and that was disheartening - prognosis is poor when you've got lots - or so possibly outdated articles based on small studies suggests. Anyone out there with a liver met story to tell that suggests otherwise?

Comments

• sblairc
    sblairc Member Posts: 585 Member
    Search for Nanoseconds posts

Neil was a such an amazing source here, while I know it's hard to think of that since he did pass, but he did know so much about chromophobe I recall him detailing his treatments here including some information about his liver mets (what worked and what didn't for the location of his mets)

• Shecka1121
    Shecka1121 Member Posts: 117 Member
    sblairc said:

Search for Nanoseconds posts

Neil was a such an amazing source here, while I know it's hard to think of that since he did pass, but he did know so much about chromophobe I recall him detailing his treatments here including some information about his liver mets (what worked and what didn't for the location of his mets)

Lots of Liver Mets

Sorry to hear that you are worried and going through this. I have a co-worker who has stuggled with KC.  He has has several liver mets since the removal of his kidney.  He is seen in Seattle.  He goes in every three months for direct radiation to the mets.  He is male and they insert the radiation through a tube through the uretha.  

The dr said it is a game of cat and mouse.  They have not given him any oral meds yet but they are thinking about it.  They are worried about the side effects and this approach they are taking does not interrupt his quality of life, no side affects and no other mets.

Hope this helps you. 

• Jan4you
    Jan4you Member Posts: 1,330 Member

Lots of Liver Mets

Sorry to hear that you are worried and going through this. I have a co-worker who has stuggled with KC.  He has has several liver mets since the removal of his kidney.  He is seen in Seattle.  He goes in every three months for direct radiation to the mets.  He is male and they insert the radiation through a tube through the uretha.  

The dr said it is a game of cat and mouse.  They have not given him any oral meds yet but they are thinking about it.  They are worried about the side effects and this approach they are taking does not interrupt his quality of life, no side affects and no other mets.

Hope this helps you. 

So sorry for what you are

So sorry for what you are going through!

I cannot help you, except to say, my niece has liver cancer and the ONLY treatment available was Y-90 where they inject radiation right into the blood supply inside the liver and kill the cancer that way. So far, after her dire initial prognosis, she is showing that the massive tumor is shrinking due to this  Y90 treatment.

It is worth looking into for future reference if nothing seems to be working. Hopefully your present treatment IS working.

sending you a gentle hug, JAN

• foxhd
    foxhd Member Posts: 3,181 Member
    Jan4you said:

So sorry for what you are

So sorry for what you are going through!

I cannot help you, except to say, my niece has liver cancer and the ONLY treatment available was Y-90 where they inject radiation right into the blood supply inside the liver and kill the cancer that way. So far, after her dire initial prognosis, she is showing that the massive tumor is shrinking due to this  Y90 treatment.

It is worth looking into for future reference if nothing seems to be working. Hopefully your present treatment IS working.

sending you a gentle hug, JAN

confused

the urethra doesn't connect to the liver. What are they doing? I think external beam radiation is more precise.

• I am alive
    Come on guys, NO ONE has

an encouraging story to tell about surviving with a handful of liver mets?????

• foxhd

Come on guys, NO ONE has

an encouraging story to tell about surviving with a handful of liver mets?????

liver mets.

I've had a couple dozen mets. Lost track of specifics. But I've had several liver mets. Currently only a small cyst remains. I've also had a ton of radiation but none to my liver. The liver mets have all disappeared from the nivo trial, il-2, and votrient. There were 3 or 4 of them. Maybe more.

• I am alive
    Omg Fox, that's encouraging!

Now THAT'S what I want to hear!! Do you remember the measurements of your largest liver met? (One of mine is already 2 cm.)

• foxhd

Now THAT'S what I want to hear!! Do you remember the measurements of your largest liver met? (One of mine is already 2 cm.)

nope

At that time I was thinking quantity of tumors not the size. I only cared about my prognosis. Now I just hope that my treatments keep me stable.

• angec
    angec Member Posts: 924 Member

Hi, Are you on any treatment

Hi, Are you on any treatment right now?  The Votrient has helped others with liver mets, also Nivolumab as well.  I have heard a few stories where all of the liver mets went away.  If any are stubburn then the radiation, directly on it can be done.  Hope this helps, i am praying for you! xxoo