My Hope

Bonngo
Bonngo Member Posts: 79

I have felt led to share with you what is on my mind  It saddens my heart for those of you whose posts are written out of uncertainty and fear which is totally understandable!  It is so difficult to read of your challenges but great joy to read the triumphs!  

We have modern tools of technologies, medicine and doctors for which I am truly thankful to live in a time where such things exist, however, my hope is found in Jesus as my comforter and my healer.

I know it is God's will for us to be healed, but we have to do our part and choose life.  This battle is more than physical but of the mind and spirit as well.  I expect this is not going to be an easy battle but the reward will be so worth it!  My prayers for all of you here in this forum would be to experience this healing power.  

I would like to periodically add to this thread some comforting Bible verses to share with those who may be seeking.  If this does not interest you, please just ignore my posts.  

God Bless

~Bonnie

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind
II Timothy 1:7

Comments

• Racinreggie
    Racinreggie Member Posts: 16
    My Hope

Would love to read more of your post. And added bible verses. God is awesome. 

Thanks Regina

• Shecka1121
    Shecka1121 Member Posts: 117 Member

My Hope

Would love to read more of your post. And added bible verses. God is awesome. 

Thanks Regina

God is Good

I feel like this post was written for me.  I am a believer in Christ and believe he is my healer.  It is he that gave me comfort when I was first diagnosed.  Latley I have been consumed by fear of not being able to raise my children due to this disease.  

I was talking to my husband today and said, where is my faith in all this as I feel that I am not relying on God for comfort, but instead posts, sites, etc.

Your message it home and I feel ilike God was talking to me.

Amen, In Christ Name thank you... xo

• Bonngo
    Nice to Meet You

Ladies,

Thank you for your comments.  

It is wonderful to meet new friends who happen to traveling the same journey but even better when we connect with whose hope is beyond this world.  I know God has a purpose and a plan for each and every one of us and it is our job to learn what it is.  I am quite certain I know why God chose this path for me and since His revelation, my fear is disappearing (although it is a battle that has to be constantly fought).

I will be praying for each of you for continued strength and healing.  It is my hope that we will have many victories to share.

God Bless

~Bonnie

I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the Lord ~ Psalm 118:17

Keep the fight and faith!

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Hi Bonnie

Thank you, we might never fully understand the reason why bad things happen to good people but what we do know is the same God died for both the good and the bad alike.

God be with you and bring His healing into each of our lives

Tim

• Bonngo
    This Christmas was extra

This Christmas was extra special as I am still in recovery from my latest surgery. I was able to focus more on the meaning of the holiday and take things

much more slowly.  

Hope you all had a blessed Christmas and here's to a Happy and Healthy New Year!

~ Bonnie

Praise the Lord, O my soul,                                                                                                                                                              all my inmost being, praise His holy name.

Praise the Lord, O my soul,                                                                                                                                                       and forget not all His benefits-                                                                                                                                                  who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,                                                                                                                 who redeems your life from the pit                                                                                                                                             and crowns you with love and compassion,                                                                                                                                who satisfies your desires with good things                                                                                                                                   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.                                      

~Psalm 103:1-5

• Hondo
    Bonngo said:

This Christmas was extra

This Christmas was extra special as I am still in recovery from my latest surgery. I was able to focus more on the meaning of the holiday and take things

much more slowly.  

Hope you all had a blessed Christmas and here's to a Happy and Healthy New Year!

~ Bonnie

Praise the Lord, O my soul,                                                                                                                                                              all my inmost being, praise His holy name.

Praise the Lord, O my soul,                                                                                                                                                       and forget not all His benefits-                                                                                                                                                  who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases,                                                                                                                 who redeems your life from the pit                                                                                                                                             and crowns you with love and compassion,                                                                                                                                who satisfies your desires with good things                                                                                                                                   so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.                                      

~Psalm 103:1-5

Christmas 2015

It was so wonderful to be able to have all my children and my children children with us on Christmas. I guess the only bad thing was the weather being 82 degrees when it should have been down in the 40's or something. But even that was no problem.

God bless you Bonngo, an may you have many many Christmas .

Tim

• Bonngo
    Hondo said:

Christmas 2015

It was so wonderful to be able to have all my children and my children children with us on Christmas. I guess the only bad thing was the weather being 82 degrees when it should have been down in the 40's or something. But even that was no problem.

God bless you Bonngo, an may you have many many Christmas .

Tim

Christmas

How wonderful you were able to enjoy your family!  May God continue to bless you in 2016!

~Bonnie

• Rakendra
    Rakendra Member Posts: 197 Member
    spirituality

http://csn.cancer.org/node/263139  Here is a post of mine that may be of help.  By the way, I believe life has no purpose.  The purpose of life is living.  If you have a purpose in life, you will be frustrated.  Life is about Being and about accepting the lessons you are here to learn.  You can manage your life, but you cannot control your life, that is not up to you.  It is all perfect, even cancer.  love, Swami Rakendra

• Hondo
    Hi Rakendra

I believe life does have a purpose and that purpose is to serve God in whatever way you can. I understand the part where you are saying (I believe life has no purpose.  The purpose of life is living). For me just to see nature and how it is all put together then to look at life how it begins is a mystery beyond the human mind. I got to see my Daughter and Son come into this world, all designed by a power far greater than the human brain can comprehend.

Thank you for posting

Tim