Here we go again :)

Options
Steve444
Steve444 Member Posts: 105 Member

I'll be starting chemo again next week (Folfiri + Avastin).  I sure did miss the 5FU pump, so we'll be getting aquainted again.  A plus is that I've gotten to quit Vectibix since I had four lymph nodes blow up to 4cm while I was on it.  I'm looking forward to getting rid of the acne like rash from my scalp, face, chest and back as well as spending some time in the sun again.

The good news is that SIRT looks to have gotten all of my liver tumors after the third pass.  Hopefully chemo will get rid of the rectal and lymph node tumors like it did last year and I'll be NED again soon.  I look forward to seeing how the side effects of folfiri compare to Folfox.

Comments

• vtspa6
    vtspa6 Member Posts: 172
    Options
    As I was reading your post

As I was reading your post about you missing the 5FU pump, my husband was bitching about it in the background!  Of course, I am sure you were joking.  You can have a love/hate relationship with that pump.  Love that you get an opportunity to fight the cancer, hate it hanging off your body.  Tim can't wait for the home nurse to come remove it!  Thank goodness it is on for only 46 hrs.  I will be wondering the difference in side effects between the two.  Tim is doing folfox now, but since he will be doing chemo the rest of his life I am sure at some point he will go to folfri.  Pray that you will be NED again!

• lp1964
    lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member
    Options
    Dear Friend,

I just wanted to wish you a successful treatment and as comfortable as possible.

Laz

• sflgirl
    sflgirl Member Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Wishing you the best.  Glad

Wishing you the best.  Glad to see that the SIRT worked for you.  How many rounds do you anticipate with the Folfiri?  

• Steve444
    Steve444 Member Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    sflgirl said:

Wishing you the best.  Glad

Wishing you the best.  Glad to see that the SIRT worked for you.  How many rounds do you anticipate with the Folfiri?  

Thanks

Thanks everyone or the well wishes.  I'm setup for 12 rounds.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Drat it!

Sorry to hear that you are back on the chemo again. 

It sonds like you are heading into this with good humour and a positive attitude, and you already know that's a bonus. 

I hope you enjoy being rash free, and that the side effects to your next set of drugs isn't so hard on you as the FOLFOX. 

Sue - Trubrit

• LindaK.
    LindaK. Member Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Folfiri vs. Folfox

Hi Steve, sorry to hear you have to have more chemo.  My husband started with Folfox in 2013, did the 12 rounds.  His recurrence in January 2014 led him to Folfiri.  The nurses kidded him about the Irinotican piece of Folfiri they called "I ran to the can".  My husband had severe constipation on Folfox so Folfiri kind of evened him out.  He would have maybe 1 bout of diarrhea but he followed the instructions they gave at infusion and always got it under control quickly.  He had less side effects on Folfiri because there is no Oxaliplatin. 

Your humor and good attitude will help immensely!

Linda