Back and ovary pain

Options
mschaben
mschaben Member Posts: 87

I'm trying not to freak out but my back pain has been constant since July.  Has bone scan in august it was okay.  had a ct scan of lower back and it supposedly shows slightly herniated disc. But I don't completely buy that.  Then was referred to rheumatologist due to all my myalgias and back pain. Really no answers on the back pain. My ovaries have been hurting so bad last two weeks and maks my back hurt worse.. I never have a pain free moment.  I am in menopause from chemo since february and also since taking tomoxifen,  I am worried that my cancer could have spread and they are missing it.  My aunt has been battling breast cancer during same time and she now also has ovarian cancer.  I am planning on going to my obgyn and having a ct scan of abdomen and pelvic area. There just isn't something right.  Has anyone else had anything similar.  Thank you 

Mary

Comments

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    hugs and pixie dust..I"LL

hugs and pixie dust..I"LL check back for update..

Cool

Denise

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    Options

hugs and pixie dust..I"LL

hugs and pixie dust..I"LL check back for update..

Cool

Denise

You know something is not right

But it doesn't mean it's cancer.  We know our own bodies best and if something isn't right, we should keep searching until we are satisfied.  Do see your OB/GYN, particularly because of your aunt's experience.  Insist on testing, but accept that sometimes things don't show up in early stages and you may need to have a follow up exam in X number of months.  I'm wishing the best for you.  Of course, you're worried about cancer, but there are other things that cause pain.  Just keep on checking it out and don't settle until you're comfortable with what they say. 

Best wishes,

Suzanne

• mschaben
    Options

You know something is not right

But it doesn't mean it's cancer.  We know our own bodies best and if something isn't right, we should keep searching until we are satisfied.  Do see your OB/GYN, particularly because of your aunt's experience.  Insist on testing, but accept that sometimes things don't show up in early stages and you may need to have a follow up exam in X number of months.  I'm wishing the best for you.  Of course, you're worried about cancer, but there are other things that cause pain.  Just keep on checking it out and don't settle until you're comfortable with what they say. 

Best wishes,

Suzanne

Tests

Thanks for everyone's advice .. So far I had ultrasound on Friday and my dr could tell how much it hurt.  He isn't sure yet what's causing the pain.  He also did ca125 blood test and should have results Monday. Which he did tell me that even if it would come back neg it doesn't mean there's not something going on. He also ordered a ct abdominal and pelvic with and without contrast on Monday.  depending on what is found. He suggested laparoscopy to look more at the ovaires and possibly taking theM out. So I will keep waiting and keep following my gut and being my own advocate. Thank you everyone. 

Mary

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    mschaben said:

Tests

Thanks for everyone's advice .. So far I had ultrasound on Friday and my dr could tell how much it hurt.  He isn't sure yet what's causing the pain.  He also did ca125 blood test and should have results Monday. Which he did tell me that even if it would come back neg it doesn't mean there's not something going on. He also ordered a ct abdominal and pelvic with and without contrast on Monday.  depending on what is found. He suggested laparoscopy to look more at the ovaires and possibly taking theM out. So I will keep waiting and keep following my gut and being my own advocate. Thank you everyone. 

Mary

Mary - ouch!!

Keeping you in good thougths and prayer ...

please keep us updated- when time permits.

strength courage and hope for a cure

Vicki Sam

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    checking back in to see how

checking back in to see how you are doing!

Denise

• mschaben
    Options

checking back in to see how

checking back in to see how you are doing!

Denise

Answers

Yesterday I got the call that my ct with contrast showed a 5.2cm cystic tumor on left ovary which is the painful side.  No wonder my low back hurts.  I also have a 2.3cm nodule on right ovary. Dr wants to do hysterectomy and get them out.  He will then test everything for cancer.  

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options
    mschaben said:

Answers

Yesterday I got the call that my ct with contrast showed a 5.2cm cystic tumor on left ovary which is the painful side.  No wonder my low back hurts.  I also have a 2.3cm nodule on right ovary. Dr wants to do hysterectomy and get them out.  He will then test everything for cancer.  

wow

See, you KNEW there was something going on and you didn't take the wait and see or it's probably nothing answers they kept giving you. I bet you're going to feel a whole lot better after surgery. I'm glad you got your answers and I'm hoping everything is clean and cancer free.

xoxo

Victoria

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    aisling8 said:

wow

See, you KNEW there was something going on and you didn't take the wait and see or it's probably nothing answers they kept giving you. I bet you're going to feel a whole lot better after surgery. I'm glad you got your answers and I'm hoping everything is clean and cancer free.

xoxo

Victoria

Wow - painful indeed --

my thoughts and prayers are with you ... I am happy your Doctor found the source of your pain -- ... 

Vicki Sam