Knot in throat i

Options

I have found a white spoit on the left side of my throat ,I am a week from My first scan after treatemt (With rad).I having the feelings   that my throat is closine.But it feels like flum  stuck,that I could cough up but I can"t. ..You All, Have done this ? Is it me. worring and in my mind  .I hav e gone through some feelings so far .That after the fact, were  stubid. But at the time I thought were  real..This  is one of these times.  You know the Physval is easy to deal with , you just have to the pain (no problem).it is just the rest. Thanks John

Comments

• kdot2003
    kdot2003 Member Posts: 143
    Options
    John, I wish I could help but

John, I wish I could help but I am just starting treatment tomorrow.  I have read alot and have seen many say they have lumps or knots in their throat that are very uncomfortable.  I have some fear of this because one of my vocal cords is already paralyzed and Ive had laryngospasms before and they are so scary.  Once I called 911.  Can you sit real still and just concentrate on breathing?  Some say selzer water breaks up mucus good.  I wish I could help you.  Karen

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    John...You are barely out of treatment...

and therefore still healing....and all the "stuff" that goes along with healing.  The chances that the white spot is anything other than one of the numerous things that come from getting treatment (mouth sore, thrush, irritation from something you ate, and the list goes on) are small.

Are you seeing your ENT before the scan?  Show it to him....

p

PS....I had a lot scares in the beginning, that turned out to be something that scratched my throat...innoculous things that I'd never have thought would hurt.  And they didn't at the exact time I ate it, but the next day I paid (paid mostly with a lot of fear...and then it just went away).

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Most likely it is nothing to worry about.

However, Hear and Neck covers so much area with everything from the bace of the throat to the very top of the sinus and everything between. It might help if we knew that you were treated for and what treatment.  With this info, it might be just thrush.