UPDATE

2»

Comments

• EvelynB
    EvelynB Member Posts: 72
    mp327 said:

Update

I was able to get the results of the 48-hour urine creatinine clearance test and latest blood work on the patient portal.  I was so hoping for another good report, but I'm disappointed and somewhat confused by these results.  After drinking gallons of water to do the test, my serum creatinine this time was 1.06 which, according to the range of normal given this time (.50-1.50), appears normal to me.  However, it is marked "HIGH" on the report--so I'm confused!  My creatinine clearance was low, as was my GFR.  My biggest concern deals with the protein.  The result for the 24-hour calculated is 416.0 with normal being 30.0-150.0.  Yikes!  However, the Protein Total Urine was within normal limits.  Also, the report says "24-hour urine."  I did a 48-hour collection.  So, I am thoroughly confused about these results.  I have dropped a copy of these off to my internist's office and perhaps I will get some clarification from her prior to my follow-up appt. with the nephrologist, which isn't until Dec. 4th.

That's all I know for now.

Martha 

Martha

I have been thinking about you every day since you first posted your update. You have been such an inspiration to so many on this message board (including me) and I just wanted you to know that I am sending positive thoughts and energy your way, sincerely hoping all is well with you.

• nonichol
    nonichol Member Posts: 170
    Martha

You have always given people on this site such comfort. I hope you receive as much as you have given .

• TraceyUSA
    TraceyUSA Member Posts: 316
    UGH

This just reinforces my believe that patients or their family need to monitor test results and question everything!  Thank goodness for the internet to assist in the research.