What is the protocol for spam on the message board

It really ticks me off that people use this message board to spam...like for tv shows etc. I have noticed an increase in the last few weeks. especially when their message starts with a cancer related line. They are taking advantage of people. What is the proper protocol to alert the administrators and block these people from posting?

Barbara

Comments

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    It's been heavy....Just..

It has been heavy. The same person is doing it. Fake name and has links to non pertaining things. At the botton just click on FLAG.

I have been flaging one a day, and on about six boards that get high traffic. I will go away for a while then come back.

Bill   

• Barbaraek
    Barbaraek Member Posts: 626
    wmc said:

It's been heavy....Just..

It has been heavy. The same person is doing it. Fake name and has links to non pertaining things. At the botton just click on FLAG.

I have been flaging one a day, and on about six boards that get high traffic. I will go away for a while then come back.

Bill   

Thanks Bill

Appreciate the response. Maybe the steam has stopped coming out of my ears now.

Barb

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    I've been hitting the "flag this"

button on the lower right corner.  The Admin's then take it down.  This happens every once in a while....generally we don't have much of a problem with it.

p

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Flag It..

And you only have to flag it in one message.. The admin will kill it in all messages from that..