I want to thank you all.

Options
EZLiving66
EZLiving66 Member Posts: 1,482 Member

I want to thank you all for the support and information you have given me.  I have a great chemo nurse and a lot of support from family and friends but YOU are the ones who have been through this and know the ups and downs.  I've accepted the cancer and I'm not angry or afraid but I'm going to fight with everything I've got.  I have so much more information than I had before I found this board and have a lot of questions to ask on Monday when I get my port and start chemo.  Hopefully, at some point, I will be the person to help another woman newly diagnosed with UPSC.

I've started a list of questions prefaced with "Some of my friends who have this type of cancer have said:"  The only people who TRULY know what this journey is really like are all of you!!

Thank you my friends!

Take care,

Eldri Z.

Comments

• Cucu me
    Cucu me Member Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Good luck,

Before I started chemo I was thinking "doable huh" easy to be said.

Two weeks after my last chemo I'm telling you it is doable.

So be strong and positive!

• EZLiving66
    Options
    Cucu me said:

Good luck,

Thank you!

I think a large part of anxiety is the unknown.  Even if I don't have the same reaction, it's good to know it's normal and some of the little tricks to get through it.  LOL, I will keep saying to myself "This is doable!"

Take care,

Eldri

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Thank you!

I think a large part of anxiety is the unknown.  Even if I don't have the same reaction, it's good to know it's normal and some of the little tricks to get through it.  LOL, I will keep saying to myself "This is doable!"

Take care,

Eldri

Eldri, you can do this!

I had 6 rounds of Taxol/Carboplatin and did remarkably well. Yes, I lost my hair before my second chemo and by the end of chemo, I lost my eyelashes and eyebrows, too. That was very difficult to deal with. The worse problem I had was the incredibly severe back pain from-I'm sure- the Taxol. I was miserable but two epidural shots eliminated my pain. I worked full-time and only missed one day due to feeling fatigued. Before long, my TX ended and after a month my hair started to grow back. It has been almost 2 years since my surgery and I am- by the grace of God- still NED. 

• EZLiving66
    Options
    Abbycat2 said:

Eldri, you can do this!

I had 6 rounds of Taxol/Carboplatin and did remarkably well. Yes, I lost my hair before my second chemo and by the end of chemo, I lost my eyelashes and eyebrows, too. That was very difficult to deal with. The worse problem I had was the incredibly severe back pain from-I'm sure- the Taxol. I was miserable but two epidural shots eliminated my pain. I worked full-time and only missed one day due to feeling fatigued. Before long, my TX ended and after a month my hair started to grow back. It has been almost 2 years since my surgery and I am- by the grace of God- still NED. 

Thanks, Abby!!

Thankfully, I only work part-time and it's really flexible.  I hope your NED goes on for many, many more years!!!

Take care,

Eldri

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Cucu me said:

Good luck,

Yay you did it!

While the journey may continue you got through the chemo!  I hope you celebrated or will celebrate when you feel up to it.  Thinking of you!

and Eldri - the journey can feel long at times and know that any questions that come up  - the ladies here are so willing to share.  remember that everything that happens is temporary.  That helps me through some long days.  

Sending hugs and as our Ro would sign off - in peace and caring.  Be gentle with yourself - Anne

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    AWK said:

Yay you did it!

While the journey may continue you got through the chemo!  I hope you celebrated or will celebrate when you feel up to it.  Thinking of you!

and Eldri - the journey can feel long at times and know that any questions that come up  - the ladies here are so willing to share.  remember that everything that happens is temporary.  That helps me through some long days.  

Sending hugs and as our Ro would sign off - in peace and caring.  Be gentle with yourself - Anne

Anne, you and Lou Ann, molimoli, Hellie are gems

as are the other women on this Board going through active TX or NED.  I am humbled by the kindness, warmth, knowledge and support imbedded in your posts. I am blessed to have met each of you in cyberspace. I can't even imagine how difficult this road must've been before the Internet.

Have a wonderful day!

• EZLiving66
    Options
    AWK said:

Yay you did it!

Winters are long in Wisconsin

For the past six years we've gone to Florida for two or three weeks for our son's high school and then college baseball spring training. It has been my "look forward to the end of winter" treat.  My chemo should be done in March so now that's my "end of winter" treat.  And the money we put away for Florida just happens to equal my out-of-pocket expense for our health insurance.  Coincidence??  I think not!!