Can't believe I am here- first post-updated

Options
2»

Comments

• bebo12249
    bebo12249 Member Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor about the use

Ask your doctor about the use of Boost VHC (very high calorie). It is a drink, slightly thick, that contains 525 calories per 8 oz. Some of us have used it as a supplement to other food or as the only source of caloric intake if harder foods are not an option. I bought the item by the case (27 count) from Amazon as I couldn't find it locally.

• luv_freedom
    luv_freedom Member Posts: 49
    Options

Just read all you can here and be prepared with knowledge. For me the surgery was tough but after a couple of weeks or so I felt a lot better. It was the radiation treatments the I had the most trouble with. Those take a real toll on you physically. Tell him to put on as much weight as he can ahead of the rad treatments. By the 4th week he will be really feeling the pain. Not trying to scare you. Just helps to know whats coming. I didn't till it happened and I found this site. So your already a step ahead of where I was. He will make it through this just fine. This type of cancer is very curable. It's just one of the harder treatments because of where it is.

Gary