Class of 2012 isn't doing too good....UPDATE!!!!!

Options

Comments

• bebo12249
    bebo12249 Member Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    Peace be with you. We'll keep

Peace be with you. We'll keep you in our prayers.  

• KB56
    KB56 Member Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    You

Phrannie, I know your head is spinning and you have so much going through your mind right now.  You are in all of our thoughts and prayers.   You have been there for everyone at one time or another.  

One day at a time....

Keith

• Guzzle
    Guzzle Member Posts: 710
    Options
    KB56 said:

You

Phrannie, I know your head is spinning and you have so much going through your mind right now.  You are in all of our thoughts and prayers.   You have been there for everyone at one time or another.  

One day at a time....

Keith

stalwart

Phrannie you give so much to other my heart god out to and you are in my prayers, Gary

• osmotar
    osmotar Member Posts: 1,006
    Options
    Dang It

P51

sending major blessings and a whole lotta mojo , once a fighter always a fighter .

Linda 

• avisemi
    avisemi Member Posts: 172
    Options
    Phrannie, I hate your post.

Phrannie, I hate your post. It made me feel like $&/#.  I'm so sorry about this. As others have said, you are one of those constant, supporting and warm voices here. you were here for me and so many others. We are here for you know. Count me as another holder of a special Phrannie pocket. 

• jackflash22
    jackflash22 Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear

this phrannie. You've always been so upbeat for everyone. I can relate to your disappointment that it's reared its ugly head again. I feel I'm sitting on a time bomb.  Got a third cancer in April, small intestine neuroendocrine tumour. It's not related to H&N. Nor was my first one over 25 years ago...uterus cancer...I've made a hat trick. I'm determined to get over this one. I beaten two. It sounds as if yours has been discovered early so go girl get the boxing gloves on and beat the s..t out of it...

• corleone
    corleone Member Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I was really shocked to hear

I was really shocked to hear that. It sent me down in the dumps. In fact it took me a few days to muster some energy to reply to this. Heard of Laralyn, and now this…

We had pretty much same diagnosis and similar treatment, started/finished almost same period.

F@ck Cancer!   

• ditto1
    ditto1 Member Posts: 660
    Options
    corleone said:

I was really shocked to hear

I was really shocked to hear that. It sent me down in the dumps. In fact it took me a few days to muster some energy to reply to this. Heard of Laralyn, and now this…

We had pretty much same diagnosis and similar treatment, started/finished almost same period.

F@ck Cancer!   

DANG IT P

I WAS ALWAYS TOLD NOT TO YOU CAPS WHEN COMMUNICATING TO SOMEONE BECAUSE IT INDICATES YOUR MAD OR ANGRY OR SCREAMING, WELL I AM..............AND CANCER IS WHO I DIRECT ALL THIS ANGER TO.   ALTHOUGH I TRULY BELIEVE YOU WILL BE FINE, AND SO WILL YOU LARALYN, I CANNOT HELP BUT JUST BEING AT MY WITS END OVER THIS CRAP.  ALL DUE RESPECT TO ALL OF US EVEN WHEN WE BEAT THIS BEAST IT LEAVES A VERY NASTY RESIDUE.  YES WE FIND BLESSINGS ALONG THE JOURNEY, GOOD DOCTORS, NURSES AND UNEXPECTED FRIENDS AND FAMILY WHICH SO MANY OF US HAVE FOUND ON THIS SITE.  BUT I HAVE JUST HAD ENOUGH OF THIS CANCER CRAP MESSING WITH US AND KIDS AND OUR FAMILIES............. Ok just breath Doug, P and Laralyn we went thru round 1 together and we all were part of that great 2012 team, I know you were scared as I was in 2012 and we along with the help from those who came before us made it thru the journey.  Now you are the Veteran when it comes to being there for folks and you made that your goal, to be there for newbies just as we were taken in by all the Vets in 2012.  And reading the responses you done good girl.  So prayers will be forth coming and although I am confident all should be well, I am just sad that anyone has to deal with this at all let alone more once. 

• fishmanpa
    fishmanpa Member Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Damn!

Damn P!

*&^@ Cancer! Sorry to hear this but it does seem like they caught it early. Keep us in the loop.

Sending positve thoughts and prayers.

"T"

• CivilMatt
    CivilMatt Member Posts: 4,722 Member
    Options
    not computing

Dear Sweet Phrannie,

That was a “cancer” punch in the gut.  So sorry but we rarely see it coming.

I will focus on the very small with hopes it goes away in a  very small time.

Classmate,

Matt

• mmt366
    mmt366 Member Posts: 41
    Options
    Stay positive

phrannie51,

You have been an inspiration to me throughout my battle and from reading your posts I know you will be fully prepared to face this news head on and beat it! I will be thinking good thought and sending them your way.

mmt

• peggylulu
    peggylulu Member Posts: 375
    Options
    So sorry

to hear this and I know how scary it is . But I'm thinking it may be nothing because my biopsy showed Cancer but when I had surgery nothing showed up ? WTH ? Hoping for a great outcome P51 !!! Remember it ain't Cancer till the Doctor says its Cancer . We all love you !

Peggy

• peggylulu
    peggylulu Member Posts: 375
    Options

PET scan is scheduled for the 27th

I don't even feel upset having to wait 10 days....think I'll just pretend all is well, since I feel just fine....even feeling grateful that because I have been here before, and get regular check ups this was found so very early.

p

Good for you

it may very well be nothing ! After reading some of the other post , I agree with Yensid sp ?

if the PET does come back positive I also agree with you going to MDA ! They are great ! If I can answer any questions about them private message me on FB . 

Class of 2012

• GavinP
    GavinP Member Posts: 118
    Options
    peggylulu said:

So sorry

to hear this and I know how scary it is . But I'm thinking it may be nothing because my biopsy showed Cancer but when I had surgery nothing showed up ? WTH ? Hoping for a great outcome P51 !!! Remember it ain't Cancer till the Doctor says its Cancer . We all love you !

Peggy

Oh No

When I read this I just thought "Oh no"

I don't post here now but I do like to come back and check on all the people that were so kind to me when I had my cancer scare a couple of years ago.

Really sad to hear it's back Phrannie but sending you all the best vibes I can muster.

• dunedintech
    dunedintech Member Posts: 90
    Options
    That Just Sucks

Hi P - that is far from ideal news. Not sure if it will help but positive mojo / vibes / thoughts from Singapore. 

One thing I do know though is that you'll win the battle again. 

CPC

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    Options
    Ugh

I hate, hate, hate cancer.  You are my wonder woman.  You're a warrior.  You WILL fight this and win.  I love you!

• traceyd1
    traceyd1 Member Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    What is it about these

What is it about these 2012er's.  My husband's sarcoma was in 2012 also and he is dealing with recurrences in his lungs.  Just sucks.  I feel like we are always waiting on the other shoe to fall.  You will be in my prayers.

Tracey

• jcortney
    jcortney Member Posts: 503
    Options
    From one '12 to another

Quite a few of us know what you're going through, and even though we have never really met, know that we love you.

Joe

• phrannie51
    phrannie51 Member Posts: 4,716
    Options
    Back when I was first diagnosed....

I met a girl on this forum from my area....she was immensely helpful to me then.  We've remained friends since, and the other night I messaged her on FB and told her what was up.  Because she's an RN she asked if I wanted her to advocate for me, and I said yes.  So....just in this one day, my PET scan has been moved up to tomorrow instead of having to wait until the 27th....and the appointment with the Oncologist has been moved to the 28th from November 2nd.  Thank you Staceya!! 

Knowing that all of you guys have my back is comforting, too....you don't know how much that means to me.

p

• VanessaSLO
    VanessaSLO Member Posts: 283
    Options
    Another classmate here to

Another classmate here to show support and give you the encouragement that everything will be ok in the end. It is caught early anyway so they can treat it easily. it's great that your treatment plan will start so soon!

Just to mention... I don't post here anymore but I come to check in from time to time to see how everyone is doing. Especially all of you who helped my dad and my family back then in 2012. My mom still says that without help from all of you we would never manage to survive this so good. So just for the notice, dear P - you're in my thoughts and prayers everyday!! You'll be just fine! I know it!

Regards and big hugs from Europe, from Slovenia!!!

Vanja