Question re 30mm polyp/adenoma

Options
LovebeingNaNa
LovebeingNaNa Member Posts: 2
edited October 2015 in Colorectal Cancer #1

Hello all,

im a healthy 58 yo female. None smoker, non drinker. Average weight.   I had my first colonoscopy a week ago.  Doc found a 30mm sissile adenoma in the ascending colon. She did not remove it. Tuesday, I have another colonoscopy with a more experienced doc and I guess he is going to try and remove it. The doc wanted the colonoscopy in the hospital setting rather than a clinic. My boyfriend was with me, even though I don't really remember the entire conservation the doc said "I hope it doesn't have any cancer cells."  When my boyfriend told me that it really scared me. I did get a biopsy on a bite of the mass but no word yet. The next doc won't remove the mass without knowing if it is cancer or not, right?  And the other question, is 30mm considered big?  I don't know my family history. That makes things tough. I would love to hear anyone's thoughts or experiences. Thank you. 

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the forum

and sorry that you have had to come looking for us. 

I too am a non-smoking, non-drinking, organic eating healthy woman, but alas, these things don't always save us from the Big C. 

The problem with removing a mass during a colonoscopy is releasing Cancer cells which can then travel to other parts of the colon, rectum, anus and that, I believe is why they are being cautious.  I would NOT want to be messing with anything until I knew if there were Cancer cells present.

I'm not too sure what is considered big. I know that my mass was the size of a softball, and had ruptured through the colon. I have know people whose tumours have been bigger, not ruptured through the colon and have a better prognosis than me. 

Others will be coming along soon to share their wealthy of knowledge. Sometimes the weekends can be a little slow, so stick with us. 

I hope, of course, that all turns out well for you and that you don't need to 'join' us here. 

Sue - Trubrit

• LovebeingNaNa
    LovebeingNaNa Member Posts: 2
    Options
    Trubrit said:

Welcome to the forum

and sorry that you have had to come looking for us. 

I too am a non-smoking, non-drinking, organic eating healthy woman, but alas, these things don't always save us from the Big C. 

The problem with removing a mass during a colonoscopy is releasing Cancer cells which can then travel to other parts of the colon, rectum, anus and that, I believe is why they are being cautious.  I would NOT want to be messing with anything until I knew if there were Cancer cells present.

I'm not too sure what is considered big. I know that my mass was the size of a softball, and had ruptured through the colon. I have know people whose tumours have been bigger, not ruptured through the colon and have a better prognosis than me. 

Others will be coming along soon to share their wealthy of knowledge. Sometimes the weekends can be a little slow, so stick with us. 

I hope, of course, that all turns out well for you and that you don't need to 'join' us here. 

Sue - Trubrit

Thank you

Sue,

Thank you for your reply. I hope the best for you, too.  I'll know more Tuesday when I go for the second colonoscopy. I'll question the docs about the process. 

When you said you had a mass about the size of a softball......wow that's huge!  I think mine is the size is a quarter.  Kind of puts things into prospective.  

Thank you again.