How often do you get scans and CEA checked?

Options
2»

Comments

• Momof2plusteentwins
    Momof2plusteentwins Member Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    CEA & Scans

I have my CEA every 8 weeks and my port flushed same time.  My CT scan is every 3 months.  My last CEA was up a little last month and my CT scan showed shotty nodes.  I am going to have my CEA and CT next month and we will see the trend.  3 1/2 years out, you never know!

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Options
    Easyflip said:

CEA

doesnt work for me so scanned every 3 months. After 2 colonoscopies 1 year apart now every 3 years for colonoscopy. Next scan is this Monday. Here we go again...

Easyflip/Richard

You and I

We are on the same stretch of road, as you may know, Richard. Thankfully, my CEA seems to be a good indicator, thus the six month schedule for CT Scans. I would very much like to go to one year, and after my 2 year NED anniversary in April, I may just ask my Onc if we can do that. 

I'm also every three years for colonoscopies, which I am VERY thankful about. I hate that drink so much. 

I'm sure you will be wearing your lucky shoes on Monday. I will be thinking of you, and waiting for the results. 

Sue - Trubrit

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    tanstaafl said:

Avastin failed its adjuvant trials for non mCRC

Summer, if you are truly stage III, Avastin net increased mortality in the two trials for high risk, non metastatic CRC, it went down in flames.  They don't advertise that, officially they just say "no benefit".  Our decision point for antimetastasis and maintenance chemo was an oral 5FU with cimetidine vs oral 5FU with celebrex, or both combined, based on CA19-9 and e-selectin tissue stains and bloodwork,  along with a ton of immune supplements. Essentially we treat and cut a 4b cancer down to a residual stage as if it were a bad stage III, microscopic cell clusters suppressed by all the stuff.  Asian generic versions of UFT seem better than Xeloda for oral 5FU in this role.    

In Mastusmoto (2002), CRC cases with CA19-9 + e-selectin stained tissues were highly fatal even for stage II and III patients treated with only 5FU, without cimetidine, much less stage IV. With cimetidine added, the numerous CA19-9 and e-selectin patients did extraordinarily well. They don't advertise that either.

My wife was positive for the CA19-9 and e-selectin tissue stains, but we first tested her blood for CA19-9 and CEA, analyzed the odds on that.  KRAS reflects in the odds too.  But it is the stains that are most definitive, probably one of the most definitive targets around in CRC.

Avastin

The studies that tanstaafl stated should be something to bring up to your Oncologist to make sure he/she is aware of those studies.

-p

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Trubrit said:

You and I

We are on the same stretch of road, as you may know, Richard. Thankfully, my CEA seems to be a good indicator, thus the six month schedule for CT Scans. I would very much like to go to one year, and after my 2 year NED anniversary in April, I may just ask my Onc if we can do that. 

I'm also every three years for colonoscopies, which I am VERY thankful about. I hate that drink so much. 

I'm sure you will be wearing your lucky shoes on Monday. I will be thinking of you, and waiting for the results. 

Sue - Trubrit

Thanks Sue!

Good luck and best wishes to you too.

Easyflip/Richard