Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy (IP)

Options
LindaHope
LindaHope Member Posts: 6
edited October 2015 in Uterine/Endometrial Cancer #1

Hello to all you beautiful ladies. As a caregiver for my 53 yr old mother, I was wondering if any of you have received intraperitoneal chemotherapy (IP)? My mom was diagnosed with UPSC stage IVb (fluid in lungs) in late July, had a radical hysterectomy Aug 3, followed with IV chemo on cycle 1 then they decided to just change it to IP chemo for cycle 2? Both chemo options were very hard but the IP has completely wiped her out. Doctor said studies claim IP chemo is more effective for UPSC & certain ovarian cancers. However, the side effects are much more extreme (now on 5th day ok debilitating fatigue, nausea)  so we have an appointment next week to talk about going back to IV through the arm or maybe IP with a lower dosage. Not sure yet! I would appreciate any advice from anyone who has had IP chemo. Hugs

Comments

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,371 Member
    Options
    LindaHope, I haven't seen a

LindaHope, I haven't seen a lot said on this over the past several years, but maybe some of the ladies here can help.  I don't know if any other cancer is treated this way or I would say perhaps that board could be of assistance too.

I can't be of any assistance and I hope someone can chime in.

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options

LindaHope, I haven't seen a lot said on this over the past several years, but maybe some of the ladies here can help.  I don't know if any other cancer is treated this way or I would say perhaps that board could be of assistance too.

First hand knowledge

The only thing I know is that ther was a terrific woman in her 50s getting IP chemo for Fallopian tube cancer when I was getting chemo.  I know it was hard for her and she ended up having to take a break.  Our paths didn't cross again so I don't know how she made out.  She gave me a lot of good, practical advice.

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options

The only two posters I knew

The only two posters I knew of that had that were Linda Propco and Songflower I believe.   Sorry I am unable to assist you with this.   

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Kaleena said:

The only two posters I knew

The only two posters I knew of that had that were Linda Propco and Songflower I believe.   Sorry I am unable to assist you with this.   

Inspire.com

If you aren't a member there you might want to pop over and join.  There is an IP  thread going on right now.

• LindaHope
    Options
    Thank you!

Thank you everyone! She only had one IP treatment but Im pretty sure we are going to switch to the regular iv chemo. the fatigue was too debilitating. She is finally feels like walking today a little today (day 6) cause she could barely keep her eyes open.

Blessings for you all!

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    LindaHope said:

Thank you!

Thank you everyone! She only had one IP treatment but Im pretty sure we are going to switch to the regular iv chemo. the fatigue was too debilitating. She is finally feels like walking today a little today (day 6) cause she could barely keep her eyes open.

Blessings for you all!

Check on the ovarian board

I think you'll find more ladies there who have had it.  Your mom is so lucky to have you.  Keeping her and your family in my prayers.  Hugs - Anne

• LindaHope
    Options
    AWK said:

Check on the ovarian board

I think you'll find more ladies there who have had it.  Your mom is so lucky to have you.  Keeping her and your family in my prayers.  Hugs - Anne

Thank you, Anne! I'm thinking

Thank you, Anne! I'm thinking of you as well tonight! 

warm wishes & hugs from NY