Expanders removed

Options
Datsy
Datsy Member Posts: 31

I have an appointment Oct. 22, 2015 to have my saline expanders removed and silicone implants put in.  I've had these crazy expanders since May 5 and I am so ready to get them out.  My double mastectomy was May 5, 2015.  Hopefully implants won't compare to mastectomy.  Anyone have any thoughts on recovery, pain , etc. on getting implants.  i am nervous. 

Comments

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Piece of cake!

Hi Datsy,

I felt the same way as you when I was going for my expander/implant swap surgery.  I was nervous but really wanted to get the expanders out.  I can tell you that this surgery was a piece of cake.  I was home from the surgery before lunch.  No drains for me and pretty much no side effects at all.  I felt fine that afternoon and went shopping and for a long walk (about 5 miles).  That night I had a headache and felt a little tired.  The implants were pretty much immediately more comfortable than the expanders were so there was an immediate sense of relief.  I hope that you have an easy go of it like I did.

Best,
    Clementine

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Piece of cake!

Hi Datsy,

I felt the same way as you when I was going for my expander/implant swap surgery.  I was nervous but really wanted to get the expanders out.  I can tell you that this surgery was a piece of cake.  I was home from the surgery before lunch.  No drains for me and pretty much no side effects at all.  I felt fine that afternoon and went shopping and for a long walk (about 5 miles).  That night I had a headache and felt a little tired.  The implants were pretty much immediately more comfortable than the expanders were so there was an immediate sense of relief.  I hope that you have an easy go of it like I did.

Best,
    Clementine

I had a bilateral with tissue

I had a bilateral with tissue expanders, then onto Saline. I am truly satisfied with my look - however, I went to 1 of the premier PS in Southern California --. I researched and opted for several opinions before selecting Doctor Turpin.

Exchange surgery was short ...  my down time was short.  What a sense of relief to have implants vs the tissue expanders - more comfortable, natural and I felt like myself, again.

Good luck ..

Vicki Sam

• Datsy
    Datsy Member Posts: 31
    Options
    VickiSam said:

I had a bilateral with tissue

I had a bilateral with tissue expanders, then onto Saline. I am truly satisfied with my look - however, I went to 1 of the premier PS in Southern California --. I researched and opted for several opinions before selecting Doctor Turpin.

Exchange surgery was short ...  my down time was short.  What a sense of relief to have implants vs the tissue expanders - more comfortable, natural and I felt like myself, again.

Good luck ..

Vicki Sam

Expanders removed

Thanks VickiSam and Clementine.  I appreciate the input.  Just will be glad when it is over.