New Flower Update

Options
2»

Comments

• MrsBob
    MrsBob Member Posts: 77
    Options
    So sorry to hear this.

So sorry to hear this. Prayers for the family.

• cati0314
    cati0314 Member Posts: 203
    Options
    My condolences

I am so sorry to hear of Olga's passing and offer prayers and condolences to her loved ones.  She is an Angel now.

Sharon

• camul
    camul Member Posts: 2,537
    Options
    cati0314 said:

My condolences

I am so sorry to hear of Olga's passing and offer prayers and condolences to her loved ones.  She is an Angel now.

Sharon

To Olga's family...

I feel blessed to have had this last couple of years getting to know Olga.  I felt a bond in meeting both Olga and Inez in San Juan Capistrano last year.  Her last email just B4 going in the hospital was the first time that she actually said she was not well, yet she still did not lose her will to push forward and do whatever it took to still try and beat this beast even when the odds continued to stack up against her.

In getting to know her thru posts and pm's, I learned hat her life was all about the 3 F's.  Her FAMILY, FAITH, and FRIENDS, and she was blessed to have all three.  She was really amazing in that with all she was going through, and how sick she was at times from the cancer and the treatments, she continued to work and live!

I am so sorry and angry that we have lost another amazing woman to this beast.

My love and condolences to her family and friends and thank you Inez and Jean.

Carol

• Clementine_P
    Clementine_P Member Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Terribly sad news

Olga will be missed tremendously.  What a wonderful person who fought so hard and never complained.  I'm at a loss for words.  Rest in Peace.

Clementine

• twnkltoz
    twnkltoz Member Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Prayers for comfort and peace

Prayers for comfort and peace to her family.

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    Update and thanks

Hi everyone,

This is Paul, Olga's son. Thank you all so much for the wonderful messages left here – they brought tears to my eyes. She was fighting until the very end and didn't even want to take morphine because she was afraid that spelled the end. I know the board was very important to her and while it was at times heartbreaking, I know that she treasured the community and support that she had here and I want to thank you all for that.

For those in the LA area, we will be having a small service this Sunday, October 4, 11-1, at 5310 Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA 90503. Everyone is welcome.

• lintx
    lintx Member Posts: 697
    Options

Update and thanks

Hi everyone,

This is Paul, Olga's son. Thank you all so much for the wonderful messages left here – they brought tears to my eyes. She was fighting until the very end and didn't even want to take morphine because she was afraid that spelled the end. I know the board was very important to her and while it was at times heartbreaking, I know that she treasured the community and support that she had here and I want to thank you all for that.

For those in the LA area, we will be having a small service this Sunday, October 4, 11-1, at 5310 Torrance Blvd, Torrance, CA 90503. Everyone is welcome.

Prayers for the family

I just saw the update and am very sad. We bond on this board, even if meeting each other doesn't always happen.  My thoughts are with the family in this moment. Linda

• mariam_11_09
    mariam_11_09 Member Posts: 691
    Options
    Great Loss

This is just too much of a loss.  She was such a humble and courageous woman that I was so fortunate to get to know. However over the last year due to extreme drama from my teenager I was not as much in contact with her  and was not able to get to LA to see her.  She never let on that something was so amiss, she never really complained and still maintained a sense of humour.  Such a sweet, smart and wonderful woman.   I can still see her smile and hear her laugh. 

I understand there is a service on Sunday in Southern California.  Not sure I can make it but will be lighting a candle for her.

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    thoughts and prayers

So very sorry, sending thoughts and prayers for the family

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    aisling8 said:

oh, no

I'm so sorry to read this this morning. Olga was an amazing person, a true friend. 

I send prayers to her family.

xoxo

Victoria

Sad day for all --/

Olga's grace and dignity will remain with me always.  Her kindness towards myself and others Taught me so very much.

My thoughts and prayers are with Olga's husband, son's and extended loved ones.

I know Olga's star will shine bright in Heaven.

Sad day for is all -

Vicki Sam

• mjjones453
    mjjones453 Member Posts: 155
    Options
    New Flower's passing

I also want to express my sincere sympathy to a friend of All of us. She was an encouragement to us all.