Pelvic Tumour

It seems the CA125 was telling the truth. I have a recurrence after 3 years cancer free. A pelvic mass, just waiting for MRI scan to confirm what it is. Prognosis not so good if it multi site. On the left side, so the same as before. For stage 1 it's disappointing especially as the consultant had been so positive.

I go on holiday Thursday.

Absolutely devastated.

LA

Comments

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Just to let you know, I have

Just to let you know, I have several soft tissue masses.  My most recent one is now 6 cm and 3.4 SUV reading on a PET.   They have been watching it for several years.  I did have one removed in 2010 (becasue a biopsy said it was positive) but when they removed it it tested negative.   

Just because it is a mass, doesn't necessarily mean that it is cancerous.  Praying that it is just connective tissue.

My best to you,

Kathy

• Lily_Anne
    Lily_Anne Member Posts: 39
    Kaleena said:

Just to let you know, I have

Just to let you know, I have several soft tissue masses.  My most recent one is now 6 cm and 3.4 SUV reading on a PET.   They have been watching it for several years.  I did have one removed in 2010 (becasue a biopsy said it was positive) but when they removed it it tested negative.   

Just because it is a mass, doesn't necessarily mean that it is cancerous.  Praying that it is just connective tissue.

My best to you,

Kathy

Thank you

Thank you for those lovely positive words. I hope so too, that would be amazing. They are very pessimistic and it doesn't help. I think because my CA125 is rising they believe it to be cancerous but I guess until someone sends it to the lab who can be sure. That lifted my spirits a little, without hope what is there.

The pain is in the same place as scar tissue from my hysterectomy.

LA xx

• molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    We are sitting ducks to this awful disease, no matter the stage,

So,so very sorry to return to read such disappointing news, Lily_Anne, I wish you the best with whatever route you take with this .I hope for a very long remission for you this time around.

We'll be with you in spirit all the while. Nuff love, Moli

• pandagypsy
    pandagypsy Member Posts: 113
    molimoli said:

We are sitting ducks to this awful disease, no matter the stage,

So,so very sorry to return to read such disappointing news, Lily_Anne, I wish you the best with whatever route you take with this .I hope for a very long remission for you this time around.

We'll be with you in spirit all the while. Nuff love, Moli

molimoli you are all too right

I can remember a couple of years ago, I wrote in my journal (it has LOTS of thoughts & craziness in it I couldn't share with anyone :)  )  that I had CHRONIC CANCER...........and it's a thought that seems to be all too real.  But I hope the fact gives hope.......I've had OV since 2009........an eternity ago!

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member

molimoli you are all too right

I can remember a couple of years ago, I wrote in my journal (it has LOTS of thoughts & craziness in it I couldn't share with anyone :)  )  that I had CHRONIC CANCER...........and it's a thought that seems to be all too real.  But I hope the fact gives hope.......I've had OV since 2009........an eternity ago!

Lily_Anne, are you back from Holiday?

I hope you had a good time on Holiday. In the USA, we call it a vacation. I hope you got the results of your MRI and have received good news. I agree with Kathy. A mass doesn't mean that it is cancer. We all worry, I know, but worry only brings us down and doesn't solve anything.

Warm Wishes, 

Cathy

• Lily_Anne
    Lily_Anne Member Posts: 39
    Abbycat2 said:

Lily_Anne, are you back from Holiday?

I hope you had a good time on Holiday. In the USA, we call it a vacation. I hope you got the results of your MRI and have received good news. I agree with Kathy. A mass doesn't mean that it is cancer. We all worry, I know, but worry only brings us down and doesn't solve anything.

Warm Wishes, 

Cathy

I'm Back

The holiday (vacation), was great a scorching 34 degrees in Tenerife, it took three days to wind down and so had four days of chill time.

MRI scan is tomorrow afternoon, feeling a bit scared about the outcome, had row with hubby today just because I'm feeling angry, not really his fault.

My apppointment to discuss results is 13th October, so will know more then. 

Love to you all

LA xx