Waiting for results from stomach biopsy done last week.

Options
camul
camul Member Posts: 2,537
edited September 2015 in Breast Cancer #1

Was told would results would take 3 -10 days as he was sending it out. He didn't see anything with the naked eye, which the onco figured so he biopsies the walls of the upper and lower intestine. I have lost just under 30 lbs, and get a horrible stomach ache if I eat more than a couple of bites of anything. I love good food. This started about 3 months ago. I have dropped 2 pant sizes, which is nice, but would be better if I was trying to lose it! I was offered chemo again last week and declined. Again the chances of it even making any difference was about 20%. My quality of life has dropped so much with the bone pain, it w o Ulf be no t hung with the side effects of the chemo added with it. I was told that chemo has very little effect on the vvm one tumors, and my body is covered Dr poo m head to calves with my them. The reason ins will ppl not approve the Ibrance is because it has to be administered with Femara, not Aromasson and I am allergic to the Femara. They will not approve it because it was never tested in the trials with Aromason. That was where I was off when they kept deny uhh by it and he was appealing it trying to let him try with the Aromason, because of the alleged y and the fact that Aromason is like a close cousin to Femara. The ins said no bcuz the binding agents are.different. So.... that is a dead end. At this point, I am strictly being treated for pain management, Warfarin for the blood clotting issues which will always be present due to the bone t u more and the effect of the tumors ok n the red cell pro d auction, and I will always be on thyroid meds. I keep praying for the immune therapy vaccine to be approved as that has been the most promising of any treatments so far. My last DR Scans showed my bile duct was 2x the size, but 8 weeks later when I had the biopsy, my dr said it was back to a normal size, so we may not known what is causing the stomach pain/issues. I do look good in my new jeans thou. Lol.... would rather be squishy, feel good, and enjoy my meals! Hope everyone is doing good. Weather has been getting cool quite fast, hoping for an Indian summer, just not quite ready for fall/winter. Went from 90's to 50's too fast! Want that So. California weather. Hugs, Carol

Comments

• 1surfermom
    1surfermom Member Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I love good food too !!

Carol,

I'm happy that you love your new look in jeans. I hope that your biopsies will get to the root of what is going on. I also will keep praying for the immune therapy vaccine approval.  I 'm not sure you want the So Cal weather it is going to be over 100 in Pomona this weekend, so that means all of the people at the LA County Fair are going to be hot and sweaty when they stuff themselves with the fair goodies. Speaking of good food do you remember the Hollander Cafeteria that used to be in Montclair Plaza? I was just thinking about it the other day and remembering alll of the desserts. Love Surf

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    The wait

The wait stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you hear soon.

Denise

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member
    Options

The wait

The wait stinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hope you hear soon.

Denise

Sending good thoughts

What good is looking great in new jeans if you're feeling too crappy to go strut your stuff? 30 pounds is a lot, Carol. I'm sorry you're having trouble eating. And the fine print and loopholes and all the ways insurance has failed you drives me around the bend. There's always a reason some big company can't help one little person.

The only thing I can comfort you with is to tell you that the weather in North County has been awful. Hot and humid, humid and hot, in the nineties, then eighties, but humid. Still warm, but I think the humidity is dropping. You're better off where you are. 

I hope there are some positive answers and some good drugs to help you. 

xoxo

Victoria

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Waiting*

All the waiting is so yukky.......especially that immune therapy vaccine which might help you .....but you have been going thru this a long time.....and this is just another wait.  At least now it isn't so hot there....still very hot here in Florida.   Maybe you can find a good book to read while you are waiting for the results.... I just finished reading "1776" by David McCullough and it was excellent.  Now I'm starting on a biography of Benjamin Franklin.  Reading helps me to not think so much......  Prayers for Peace of Mind and good results from this latest test.  Hugs, Glo

• camul
    Options

I love good food too !!

Carol,

I'm happy that you love your new look in jeans. I hope that your biopsies will get to the root of what is going on. I also will keep praying for the immune therapy vaccine approval.  I 'm not sure you want the So Cal weather it is going to be over 100 in Pomona this weekend, so that means all of the people at the LA County Fair are going to be hot and sweaty when they stuff themselves with the fair goodies. Speaking of good food do you remember the Hollander Cafeteria that used to be in Montclair Plaza? I was just thinking about it the other day and remembering alll of the desserts. Love Surf

Surf, I loved the Mac and cheese at the Hollander cafeteria!
    And the LA County fair. Use to go to the horse taxes and loved the quilting building, and the games etc. I graduated 40 years ago o from Chaffey High School. Our reunion is at the Double Tree in Claremont on the 16th of October.!
    I was shocked the last time I went t poo the Montclair Plaza. I hadn't been there since it was just anchored by Penneys May Co. ND The Broadway. Now it has been about 20 years since I have been there.
    Was considering coming out for the reunion, but decided to wait and see what they find first, so I may still go.
  • camul
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Waiting*

All the waiting is so yukky.......especially that immune therapy vaccine which might help you .....but you have been going thru this a long time.....and this is just another wait.  At least now it isn't so hot there....still very hot here in Florida.   Maybe you can find a good book to read while you are waiting for the results.... I just finished reading "1776" by David McCullough and it was excellent.  Now I'm starting on a biography of Benjamin Franklin.  Reading helps me to not think so much......  Prayers for Peace of Mind and good results from this latest test.  Hugs, Glo

Thanks Glo and Victoria.

I love to read. They just remodels the library here. I know, I still like holding a book. Everyone gives me a hard time cuz it is steady to do books online. But I am a book person! Victoria, I t h ink being there is being home! And the beach is always beautiful!! Today and yesterday were beautiful here. Leaves are changing. Was up at Snowbird last weekend for Octoberfest, and the flowered all ppl by the creek were the reds and oranges... I just like so. Cal! But I do love the fall here, just not gearing up for w inter!!

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    camul said:

Thanks Glo and Victoria.

I love to read. They just remodels the library here. I know, I still like holding a book. Everyone gives me a hard time cuz it is steady to do books online. But I am a book person! Victoria, I t h ink being there is being home! And the beach is always beautiful!! Today and yesterday were beautiful here. Leaves are changing. Was up at Snowbird last weekend for Octoberfest, and the flowered all ppl by the creek were the reds and oranges... I just like so. Cal! But I do love the fall here, just not gearing up for w inter!!

Carol ...

waiting, and hoping for the best.   I wish i had that 'magic' wane to heal you -

You are such a strong, and fierce WARRIOR my dear dear Friend -

Love you unconditionally

Vicki SamKiss

• tufi000
    tufi000 Member Posts: 745 Member
    Options
    How do we know

When there are so many possibilities, it does become difficult to find which, if any, existing conditions are producing the latest. I had the same thing happen to me but it turned  out to just be divertulosis and a small bout of divertulitus and size 8 jeans were a fantasy come true.  I wish you to be as lucky dear girl.  The mood swings however werent depression, it was a brain tumor,  Sooo we march on and you are certainly familiar with that but one doesn't get used to it or want to accept it.

I don't usually go on so much but you have been important to me and many others, and I just want to be able to take all this away so you can enjoy again.

YOU COUNT!!!

Sherry

• BlueTuesday
    BlueTuesday Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Ibrance Trials

Hello, Camul.  I read about your difficulties in trying to obtain Ibrance.  Could you possibly be eligible for this Dana Farber trial of combining ibrance and bazedoxifene https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT02448771 ?   If I am reading the info correctly, I believe they are currently recruiting patients.  There was a lot of excitement about bazedoxifene in 2013 in a Duke University study.  Here are links related to the study:   http://www.examiner.com/article/bazedoxifene-stops-resistant-breast-cancer-growth   AND an article by the doctor who worked on the bazedoxifene study:   https://community.breastcancer.org/blog/how-breast-cancer-drugs-are-developed-the-bazedoxifene-story/

I hope this info is helpful.