CEA results

JanJan63
JanJan63 Member Posts: 2,478 Member

I had my blood done last week and got the results this morning. This is the first step in finding out what the spots on my left lung are. Next is the biopsy but I haven't had a call regarding when that will be yet. My cea is 1.0. I wish it was a definitive test. I'm so happy but so scared to be happy in case the spots are cancerous anyway. My last cea from July was 2.6 or 2.9, I can't remember.

The emotions of having cancer are such a roller coaster. I do things like look at my dogs and wonder if I'll outlive them. Same with my horse. And I worry about my adult daughter who has a long term boyfriend that is less than what I'd want for her. She and I are as close as best friends. I can't imagine leaving her. I'd want to know that she has someone who will look after her.

Anyway, I'll take what joy I can from this result and try to be positive about the spots. If I didn't have the spots and had this cea result I'd be dancing with delight. Am I being a downer because I'm still scared?

Jan

Comments

• jen2012
    jen2012 Member Posts: 1,607 Member
    I think everything you feel

I think everything you feel is normal.   My husband's CEA is rising but his scans were good so he's happy.  Me, on the other hand, I know something is brewing and I have a hard time celebrating that ok scan.  

But you know they say worrying doesn't help anything, so try try try to focus on the good CEA and keep pushing to find out what's going on with the lung.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Trust your instincts

If I had trusted mine, I may have stayed at Stage III B and not progressed to Stage IV. 

Still, you also know that it is not good to stress the body and mind, so try your best to 'Keep Calm and think of England'. Well, you can think of America if you want. 

Thinking of you. 

Sue - Trubrit

• JanJan63
    jen2012 said:

I think everything you feel

I think everything you feel is normal.   My husband's CEA is rising but his scans were good so he's happy.  Me, on the other hand, I know something is brewing and I have a hard time celebrating that ok scan.  

But you know they say worrying doesn't help anything, so try try try to focus on the good CEA and keep pushing to find out what's going on with the lung.

Thanks, I'm trying not to be

Thanks, I'm trying not to be too stressed because I know how bad that is but it's so hard not to. I keep telling myself that the results will be the same whether I worry or not so I need to not dwell on it. But it's so hard not to.

• JanJan63
    Trubrit said:

Trust your instincts

If I had trusted mine, I may have stayed at Stage III B and not progressed to Stage IV. 

Still, you also know that it is not good to stress the body and mind, so try your best to 'Keep Calm and think of England'. Well, you can think of America if you want. 

Thinking of you. 

Sue - Trubrit

Ha ha Sue, how about Keep

Ha ha Sue, how about Keep Calm and think of Canada! I'm Canadian, not American, we live in Alberta. What do you mean about trusting your instincts? I don't know the story. Or I did read it and forgot, you know, chemo brain and all that.

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    JanJan63 said:

Ha ha Sue, how about Keep

Ha ha Sue, how about Keep Calm and think of Canada! I'm Canadian, not American, we live in Alberta. What do you mean about trusting your instincts? I don't know the story. Or I did read it and forgot, you know, chemo brain and all that.

Canadian, aye!

sorry about that. I should probably pay more attention. 

My story. I had none of the usual symptoms for CRC, but when I'd get undressed and look in the mirror, I would think 'That belly doesn't look right'. Then my brain would say 'Maybe it's Cancer'.  I'd think to myself, don't be silly, or that I was being a hypochondriac.  I do belive my God given instinct was telling me I had Cancer. I wish I had listened.  

I lived in Ontario for 18 months, when I was a 20 something. Loved it! Would love to visit the western provinces one day. 

Trubrit - Sue

• JanJan63
    Trubrit said:

Canadian, aye!

sorry about that. I should probably pay more attention. 

My story. I had none of the usual symptoms for CRC, but when I'd get undressed and look in the mirror, I would think 'That belly doesn't look right'. Then my brain would say 'Maybe it's Cancer'.  I'd think to myself, don't be silly, or that I was being a hypochondriac.  I do belive my God given instinct was telling me I had Cancer. I wish I had listened.  

I lived in Ontario for 18 months, when I was a 20 something. Loved it! Would love to visit the western provinces one day. 

Trubrit - Sue

Alberta is much better than

Alberta is much better than Ontario! I visited Toronto about 26 years ago, I hated it. Too busy and congested and people were so rude. I'm sorry you didn't go with your gut instinct. I honestly had no idea when I had mine. I wasn't sick or feeling off. I was tired but I'd also just bought a new business and was spending a lot of extra time with that. I was totally blindsided by the result. I'd always had IBS so bowel issues were an everyday occurence.

Jan 

• beaumontdave
    beaumontdave Member Posts: 1,280 Member
    JanJan63 said:

Alberta is much better than

Alberta is much better than Ontario! I visited Toronto about 26 years ago, I hated it. Too busy and congested and people were so rude. I'm sorry you didn't go with your gut instinct. I honestly had no idea when I had mine. I wasn't sick or feeling off. I was tired but I'd also just bought a new business and was spending a lot of extra time with that. I was totally blindsided by the result. I'd always had IBS so bowel issues were an everyday occurence.

Jan 

For me the cea was my

For me the cea was my nemesis, as they found nothing in scans, but that number kept rising. Since the resection a year ago. the onc has ordered three ct's followed immediately by pet scans for "areas of concern", plus two needle effusions for fluid in the right lung, and scoping my stomach and colon[2 years early]. The only thing I had to hang onto was a cea of 1.8 that stayed lower than it had ever been. So for the last nine months I've been grateful to have that damn test on my side, when everything else.. pointed at trouble. Of course, in three months, when it's time for labs, I'll be with you again, on edge. Hang in there     Dave