mmmt of ovary stage 3c any survivors ?

Options

My mother 51 years of age diagnose with mmmt of ovary stage 3c 1 month back got debulking surgery done 3 weeks back optimally done this cancer is very rare and we are hell scared any survivors? looking for hope

Comments

• flamingolady2
    flamingolady2 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    ovarian cancer stage 3C

I surgery on Oct 2014 debiking and everythings else taken out.  had 8 chemo treatments.  my tumor markers went down to 53 and then came back up to over 400.  So I am back in chemo with a new drug and feeling terrible.  I was told this is a life long battle but not to give up.  Life is too precious.  Keep a positive attitude and just keep fighting.  I hop things work out for you and that you have a good support group.

• want_to_survive
    Options

ovarian cancer stage 3C

I surgery on Oct 2014 debiking and everythings else taken out.  had 8 chemo treatments.  my tumor markers went down to 53 and then came back up to over 400.  So I am back in chemo with a new drug and feeling terrible.  I was told this is a life long battle but not to give up.  Life is too precious.  Keep a positive attitude and just keep fighting.  I hop things work out for you and that you have a good support group.

Thanks for your reply I hope

Thanks for your reply I hope you feel better. Can you tell me which medicines were you treated with earlier? And now? How many chemo sessions now? 

• JoanC
    JoanC Member Posts: 231
    Options
    7 yrs Stage 3 survivor

there is always hope.....never give up.

you can read my story on my about me page.

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    JoanC said:

7 yrs Stage 3 survivor

there is always hope.....never give up.

you can read my story on my about me page.

Thank you, Joan.  It has been

Thank you, Joan.  It has been hard lately, and we all need this.  "Never give up".  Amen.

• Ziva
    Ziva Member Posts: 16
    Options
    Stage 3c MMMT

I was dx in Oct 2013 with stage 3c ovarian mmmt (carcinosarcoma) Had the typical debulking, 6 rounds of chemo. Feb 2015 recurrence. Only one spot on the diaphram. Surgery to remove it and more chemo. As of right now I am NED.

• kbauer57
    kbauer57 Member Posts: 2
    Options
    ovarian cancer survivor

November 19 had a complete hysterectomy,oophorectomy, 6 rounds of chemo (3 of which were through a port on my right side next to my rib).  My cancer was staged 3c because I had two lymph nodes that had been infiltrated.  My numbers are staying pretty good.  It has been over 6 months since my last chemo and I am still anemic butso far so good.  I am having trouble with 15 pound weight gain.  Anyone else?

• Inshasurv1
    Inshasurv1 Member Posts: 1
    Options
    kbauer57 said:

ovarian cancer survivor

November 19 had a complete hysterectomy,oophorectomy, 6 rounds of chemo (3 of which were through a port on my right side next to my rib).  My cancer was staged 3c because I had two lymph nodes that had been infiltrated.  My numbers are staying pretty good.  It has been over 6 months since my last chemo and I am still anemic butso far so good.  I am having trouble with 15 pound weight gain.  Anyone else?

Hi

Hi, how are u doing now?what diet do u take normally any changes in life stylethanks

• Glad to be done
    Glad to be done Member Posts: 569
    Options

Hi

Hi, how are u doing now?what diet do u take normally any changes in life stylethanks

I was diagnosed stage 3c in

I was diagnosed stage 3c in January of 2012.  Did debulking survey ang 6 rounds of ip/IV cisplatian/taxol.  My last treatment was in June of 2012.  I haveve been Ned since.

• iamfusc
    iamfusc Member Posts: 3
    Options
    12 years 5 months Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer survivor

I was diagnosed in 2003 with stage 3C Ovarian Cancer. Had surgery to remove the tumor that was no longer encapsulated. The surgery was 12 hours. I started chemo right away. The drug they used was Taxol/Taxotere. I have been Cancer free since 2003. Good luck We can survive this

• helris
    helris Member Posts: 4
    Options

ovarian cancer stage 3C

what sort of treatment

Hello

I am in the same situation, have struggled for about a year with stage III Fallobian tubr MMMT (treated the same way as ovarian).

Id be interested to know what sort of chemos you have had. Recurrences?

I was first given Paclitaxel + Carboplatin.  Mets were developing already durings the treatment. Then weekly taxol = Pacli taxel every week  3times, then a week pause and same again.  In addition was given Avastin every second week. Mets disappearewd from upper abdomen, but  tuomours in pelvis are ggrwing. Now the next chemo is being planned.

Kind regards, H.

• Carrot358
    Carrot358 Member Posts: 34
    Options
    iamfusc said:

12 years 5 months Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer survivor

I was diagnosed in 2003 with stage 3C Ovarian Cancer. Had surgery to remove the tumor that was no longer encapsulated. The surgery was 12 hours. I started chemo right away. The drug they used was Taxol/Taxotere. I have been Cancer free since 2003. Good luck We can survive this

Treatment

Hi iam,

thank you you for writing.  That is quite a story.  Both the length of the surgery, the immediate start of chemo and the types of chemo sound so different from others I have been learning about, I'm wondering if you would say more about where you were treated and how you decided to go with the treatment that has been so successful.  I have had surgery, am about to go for a second opinion in Texas and will start chemo soon.  We're you ever asked to be in a study?  Oh, the cancer that I'm working to kill is ovarian carcinosarcoma C3.

i appreciate anything you would like to tell me.

Marilyn - carrot358

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,368 Member
    Options
    Carrot358 said:

Treatment

Hi iam,

thank you you for writing.  That is quite a story.  Both the length of the surgery, the immediate start of chemo and the types of chemo sound so different from others I have been learning about, I'm wondering if you would say more about where you were treated and how you decided to go with the treatment that has been so successful.  I have had surgery, am about to go for a second opinion in Texas and will start chemo soon.  We're you ever asked to be in a study?  Oh, the cancer that I'm working to kill is ovarian carcinosarcoma C3.

i appreciate anything you would like to tell me.

Marilyn - carrot358

Marilyn, I am a visitor from

Marilyn, I am a visitor from the Uterine board, so I can't comment on surgery/treatment on OC.  I hope the lovely ladies are around and can give you some help.  It has been quite on this board lately but  I can tell you they are a terrific group.  There is a lot of  information under Ovarian, so I would recommend reading some of the older threads too.  Hugs