The Strange Introduction from Colorectal Cancer

Options

Hello All,

I wanted to post on the Thyroid thread as well... because... things just got weird. 

My dad is a Stage IV colon AND rectal cancer survivor (yes, he had two different types of cancer). Radiation destroyed both main tumors and he has some lingering spots in his lungs that aren't really doing anything. He had radiation about 20 months ago. 

Now he has some type of thyroid cancer. So... a three cancer party going on here (his mother also had three different types of cancer, all found in her uterus, no idea where else they were, and none of them killed her... she died of Alzheimer's 10-15 years after it was surgically removed). 

Here's the gist... the doctor, the pathologists, and fellow doctors of the surgeon believe it is thyroid lymphoma. Good news - easy to treat. There is a small possibility that it is anaplastic thyroid cancer - bad news - almost impossible to treat - 6 months to live deal. 

Here's the thing... he's had this since AT LEAST February of 2014. That's when it first showed up. It has almost doubled in size in 19 months, which is why all of the above mentioned folks believe it's some type of lymphoma and not anaplastic, but they told us just in case it is what to expect.

I'm here to see if anybody has any stories about their journey.