Husband just diagnosed with stage 4 Esophageal Cancer

I came across this site and I am hoping I can get some answers. My husband has been diagnosed with stage 4 Esophageal Cancer on Aug 28, 2015. It has mastizied to L-2,3,5 and H-11 and 12 vertabre. The tumor on L-3 fractured the vertabre. It is also in his lymphnodes, adrenal glands, a tumor the size of a baseball in his stomach, tumors on the esophageal where it meets into the stomach. They did a bone scan on Sept 8 and it is in his shoulders, ribs, femores, hip and pelvic bone. Oh and my husband is 54 years. Has anyone else on this board encountered cancer to this degree and it not be diagnosed until this late of a stage?

Comments

• slpmom
    slpmom Member Posts: 34
    Oh my gosh! I am so sorry you

Oh my gosh! I am so sorry you are here. My husband was at stage 3 and had surgery a few months ago. He is 49. What symptoms did your husband have? Mine had trouble swallowing fully - the food was wanting to come back up. The tumor was bleeding and causing a low hemoglobin count. He needed a transfusion and that's when they went in, due to his symptoms and did an endoscopy and found a 6cm tumor at the juntion. There are others on here who had stage 4. You  will find some very inspirational stories here.