It's THAT time again :(

Options

OK..........I've been putting it off................I ran out of excuses...........went for a CT scan today.......last one was October 2014 as I finished the last chemo for a reoccurance of Stage IV OC.  Now...................the wait................................I see my oncologist Monday, yeah, "only" 5 days.............but I think many can relate to my scanitis. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH. Yeah, and my cardiologist just told me to de-stress...........I know, "it is what it is"..........but I hate this.......yes, the disease and the grip it can have on your life and well being.  My husband suggested yesterday that we go to one of my favorite restaurants today, a British pub that has a fish & chips special on Wednesdays.  Ha ha, he must have thought of that when I told him I eat to relieve stress!!!!! I will enjoy my dinner and try to distract my thinking..........tomorrow morning will be HOURS in the pool.......any more stress relief ideas friends?

Comments

• lovesanimals
    lovesanimals Member Posts: 1,366 Member
    Options
    Dear Pandagypsy

The wait can be torture.  I'm a TVholic, and am able to distract myself (sometimes) with my favorite TV shows.  Spend the weekend with friends and/or family, to help distract you.  Let us know the outcome of your scan.  Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for good results!

Warmly,

Kelly

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Well anyway, congrats on

Well anyway, congrats on finishing your chemo.   At least thats a relief.    Don't you just love how the doctors will tell you stuff and then take your BP and say "gee, your BP is up"?   Well what do you thinik?!!   I think the waiting is the hardest thing to do because your mind takes you places you don't want to go.    I started building puzzles and listening to TV at the same time.   Walks are great too, but it can make you think of things.   

Do something that distracts your mind - mind games, etc.

Anyway, sending you hugs for your appointment.   

Kathy

PS - OK, now I am hungry for Fish & Chips!

• pandagypsy
    pandagypsy Member Posts: 113
    Options

Dear Pandagypsy

The wait can be torture.  I'm a TVholic, and am able to distract myself (sometimes) with my favorite TV shows.  Spend the weekend with friends and/or family, to help distract you.  Let us know the outcome of your scan.  Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for good results!

Warmly,

Kelly

Thanks for the TV

Thanks for the TV advice...........I think I should learn how to use our Netflix setup! Since our smart TV went STUPID, we replaced it, and now go thru the blue ray for Netflix. Just a couple more days of waiting .....I hate wasting time STRESSING!

• pandagypsy
    Options
    Kaleena said:

Well anyway, congrats on

Well anyway, congrats on finishing your chemo.   At least thats a relief.    Don't you just love how the doctors will tell you stuff and then take your BP and say "gee, your BP is up"?   Well what do you thinik?!!   I think the waiting is the hardest thing to do because your mind takes you places you don't want to go.    I started building puzzles and listening to TV at the same time.   Walks are great too, but it can make you think of things.   

Kathy

You're right on!

The waiting is the worst!  Yes, my mind goes places it has no right going to at this time. When I told the doc I was finally ready to do the scan, I told him how stressed & scared I was.  He said, but , remember, we talked about this before, and you wouldn't get chemo, just a pill you take.  I was so frustrated, I remembered this conversation (regarding PARP inhibitors).....I told him I called my insurance and this would be costing ME at least $1000 per month!!!!!  Yes, $$$$$ is a big problem with cancer treatment for me.....I am on SSD (with Medicare); my husband also is on SS (with Medicare, although HE has a great supplemental thru his union, although he is HEALTHY). Then the Dr. starts with all the help I can get from their foundation.....I was so frustrated at this point, I told him we went round & round with this before, I was DENIED any help because our SS puts us over the limit on any $$$$$ help.  AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH......we already have sold our house and almost everything we own, live in an RV ........I finally just told the Dr. that let's not even talk about it, we'll deal with it IF I have to......

I used to walk a lot which was a great stress reliever, but with neuropathy from the last round of chemo, I can't walk that long. 

• pandagypsy
    Options
    Kaleena said:

Well anyway, congrats on

Kathy

You're right on!

The waiting is the worst!  Yes, my mind goes places it has no right going to at this time. When I told the doc I was finally ready to do the scan, I told him how stressed & scared I was.  He said, but , remember, we talked about this before, and you wouldn't get chemo, just a pill you take.  I was so frustrated, I remembered this conversation (regarding PARP inhibitors).....I told him I called my insurance and this would be costing ME at least $1000 per month!!!!!  Yes, $$$$$ is a big problem with cancer treatment for me.....I am on SSD (with Medicare); my husband also is on SS (with Medicare, although HE has a great supplemental thru his union, although he is HEALTHY). Then the Dr. starts with all the help I can get from their foundation.....I was so frustrated at this point, I told him we went round & round with this before, I was DENIED any help because our SS puts us over the limit on any $$$$$ help.  AAAAARRRGGGGHHHH......we already have sold our house and almost everything we own, live in an RV ........I finally just told the Dr. that let's not even talk about it, we'll deal with it IF I have to......

I used to walk a lot which was a great stress reliever, but with neuropathy from the last round of chemo, I can't walk that long. 

• pandagypsy
    Options
    Found a stress reliever today!

I used to love to cook, just throw a bunch of stuff together........but since we moved full time in an RV, I've been limited, since I don't uncover the gas burners (it's part of my limited counter space) and the gas oven is a son-of-a-**** to light. Partly due to having broccoli & cauliflower I had to use up (WITHOUT stinking this place up again!) and a new food diary I'm keeping in order to shed some excess "baggage".........I created a chopped salad with a little of this and a bit of that....I made a healthy tasty and cost concious salad that tastes good! For me, when I have the energy, cooking=stress relief!  I was just afraid I'd either cut myself up or dump things all over (like I usually do) due to neuropathy from the last chemo run. So there is now 8 cups of cauliflower/broccoli salad Tongue Out

• pandagypsy
    Options
    WOO-HOO!

Just got back from the ong. to get the results of last week's CT...........I'm clean!!!!!  I can't tell you how relieved I am, and told the Dr. , IT'S TIME TO LIVE AGAIN! He even seemed to understand my stress & frustration. Seems to me that being stage IV, it's always a "crap shoot".  Thanks go out to this discussion board..........it's the only outlet I have where everyone understands.  Thanks so much Cool

• Jue
    Jue Member Posts: 80
    Options

WOO-HOO!

Just got back from the ong. to get the results of last week's CT...........I'm clean!!!!!  I can't tell you how relieved I am, and told the Dr. , IT'S TIME TO LIVE AGAIN! He even seemed to understand my stress & frustration. Seems to me that being stage IV, it's always a "crap shoot".  Thanks go out to this discussion board..........it's the only outlet I have where everyone understands.  Thanks so much Cool

Fab  , when you get that news

Fab  , when you get that news that your all clear it feels like such a relief , get out and enjoy . Jue x