update and questions.

Options
mokus
mokus Member Posts: 63 Member

Okay, I am in 20th day of radiation now and just hit the no taste barrier.  I can still swallow, with water, so I still eat some things but take 4 cans jevity a day.  Just barely maintaining weight, but as long as they are good with it, so am I.  I don't really have any sores in my mouth and still manage to swallow, so what exactly is the purpose of the magic red mouthwash?  I am able to rinse and gargle with it, but it comes right back up if I swallow it.  Which brings my other question.  I need to take some pain med but all I have right now is my liquid vicodine and I am no able to swallow it.  Is it ok to take through G tube?

Comments

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Yes it is.

When I had my surgery they gave all my meds in my NG tube. Ths ones that were not liquid I had to crush and mix with water and then in the tube it went.

BIll

• avisemi
    avisemi Member Posts: 172
    Options
    Nice to hear from you. You

Nice to hear from you. You seem to be doing relatively well!  One day at a time. You are more than half way there!!!!

My husband could barely swallow so we put the liquid Vicodin through the tube. The doctor told us we could put all meds through there. So we had to crash some and mix with water. 

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    well, its good that you don't

well, its good that you don't need the magic mouthwash right now, but keep it on hand as you may later.  like Bill, i also took my medicine through my feeding tube.  i always thought that was great b/c i didn't have to taste it......lol.  i pray you get through the rest of your tx w/o any more issues.  hooray for you, you can now see the light at the end of the tunnel!!! you will be ringing the bell before you know it.

God bless you,

dj

• caffinated1
    caffinated1 Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Magic mouthwash

They give you that for thrush. You don't want it, thrush that is. Been there, had that, sucked every time. Hang on and do what they say and take what they give ya' you'll kick this crap,