Hi i have post treatment aching hurting and weakness. Have been told that it could b nerve damage.

jane55ill
jane55ill Member Posts: 5

Have had this the whole time after and during tx.  would love to here if anyone experience this. have been tested for fibromyalgia and other nerve issue but nothing showed. would love to hear from anyone experiencing these same things.   doesnt seem to matter if its in morning noon or night.  just therre most of the time.  i am 55 and this works on me trying to live normally and work etc.

Comments

• LindenLea
    LindenLea Member Posts: 22
    Sorry you're going through

Sorry you're going through this. What treatments have you had? Chemo, radiation, estrogen-blockers? You said "the whole time..."-- when did your aching start, and is it in joints, muscles, etc.? (In other words, more details, please. Cool Welcome aboard the boat that no one wants to be in.

• jane55ill
    jane55ill Member Posts: 5
    LindenLea said:

Sorry you're going through

Sorry you're going through this. What treatments have you had? Chemo, radiation, estrogen-blockers? You said "the whole time..."-- when did your aching start, and is it in joints, muscles, etc.? (In other words, more details, please. Cool Welcome aboard the boat that no one wants to be in.

concerns post bc treatment

Hi!   im not used to using boards. I am a 10yr survivior that is a whiner i guess.  I had surgeory lumpectomy and 10 nodes removed.  then i had dose dense tx that were cytoxan and adromiacyn. then taxotere by itself. all were bi-wkly.   lasted 4 months, then about 6wks of radiation.   the aching or pain started during chemo and have not stopped. were real bad during chemo well complete body aches .   then since it has been more in my ham strings in back top of legs and in upper arm muscles.  my reg. md says i probly have nerve damage but when tested probly 10yrs ago nothing was found.  thank you for the reply!

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    jane55ill said:

concerns post bc treatment

Hi!   im not used to using boards. I am a 10yr survivior that is a whiner i guess.  I had surgeory lumpectomy and 10 nodes removed.  then i had dose dense tx that were cytoxan and adromiacyn. then taxotere by itself. all were bi-wkly.   lasted 4 months, then about 6wks of radiation.   the aching or pain started during chemo and have not stopped. were real bad during chemo well complete body aches .   then since it has been more in my ham strings in back top of legs and in upper arm muscles.  my reg. md says i probly have nerve damage but when tested probly 10yrs ago nothing was found.  thank you for the reply!

I wanted to add ..

We are individuals and our bodies react differently to chemo therapy.   Please please seek another option outside of what medical facility your are currently using.  Get another opinion for 'piece of mind'.  Just my suggestion.

You are in pain - there is something going on.

Best of luck ...

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    VickiSam said:

I wanted to add ..

We are individuals and our bodies react differently to chemo therapy.   Please please seek another option outside of what medical facility your are currently using.  Get another opinion for 'piece of mind'.  Just my suggestion.

Best of luck ...

Vicki Sam

Achey Breaky

Ached all over........all through the chemo and radiation and have been experiencing total body aches ever since.....I'm old now though and have gotten used to it....when it gets too bad I take Extra Strength Gel Caps of Tylenol...two every 6 hours and that usually helps.  What does your Oncologist say?  Prayers for Answers and easing of your pain.  Glo

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    VickiSam said:

I wanted to add ..

Best of luck ...

Vicki Sam

sorry ...hit submit twice :)

• cinnamonsmile
    cinnamonsmile Member Posts: 1,187 Member
    I have nerve damage pain from

I have nerve damage pain from surgeries and I got a referral to a pain clinic who found medications and treatments that work for me.