Back pain

mschaben
mschaben Member Posts: 87
I am trying to get answers on why my back pain is so excruciating. ;My family doctor thinks I have fibromyalgia.;But the pain I have is excruciating in lower back tailbone area .;Hurts to sit and stand .. OTC pain meds do not do much. I have had a bone scan and it was okay. I just had regular X-rays and didn't show much.;I can't have an mri as I have expanders with magnets in them. ;I understand that bone scans and X-rays can miss things that ct scan or mri can catch.;Does anyone think a ct scan would be beneficial in finding out why I hurt so bad. It's not an achy pain it's a stabbing crippling pain. ;Thank you
Mary

Comments

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    What does your Oncologist say?

Hi mschaben...... your home page says "diagnosed with BC last Friday" but no date there....I'm hoping that it means the week you joined in 2003?  But anyway......have you consulted your Onc about this yet?  Prayers for answers to this terrible pain and prayers that it will let up......so sorry to hear of your suffering.   Hugs   Glo

• RozHopkins
    RozHopkins Member Posts: 578 Member
    Hi Mary

I think lower back pain can be so many things.  Good the tests are fine so far.   Arthritis, Fibro, disc problems, too much exercise, virus, bad alignment of the hips, or leg length difference on and on.  

Over many years I got something similar to you may be twicea year.  Starts with a sore spot at base of spine unlike other aches and pains and I know it will get worse and soon cant sit down too long and when rising get a terrible shooting pain, takes about two weeks to go away and cant usually walk straight.  What with other stuff happening I have finally learnt how to stop it getting that far.  Certain moves in my Pilates class appear to iron it out and Yoga also, mainly Pilates, all these classes are taught differently sadly by every individual teacher.  If it is too late to catch, I go to the chiropracter and one visit does it thought they usually insist on a second visit a week later.   I do have lower back arthritis which may come into the equasion.  I think it is trial and error I am afraid.

• mschaben
    mschaben Member Posts: 87
    GlowMore said:

What does your Oncologist say?

Hi mschaben...... your home page says "diagnosed with BC last Friday" but no date there....I'm hoping that it means the week you joined in 2003?  But anyway......have you consulted your Onc about this yet?  Prayers for answers to this terrible pain and prayers that it will let up......so sorry to hear of your suffering.   Hugs   Glo

Diagnosis

sorry I had joined in 2003 because my mom had brain cancer. I was just diagnosed in nov of 2014.  So still going through treatment 

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    mschaben said:

Diagnosis

sorry I had joined in 2003 because my mom had brain cancer. I was just diagnosed in nov of 2014.  So still going through treatment 

Have You...

Have you had a chance to talk with your Oncologist about the pain? 

• lintx
    lintx Member Posts: 697

Hi Mary

I think lower back pain can be so many things.  Good the tests are fine so far.   Arthritis, Fibro, disc problems, too much exercise, virus, bad alignment of the hips, or leg length difference on and on.  

Over many years I got something similar to you may be twicea year.  Starts with a sore spot at base of spine unlike other aches and pains and I know it will get worse and soon cant sit down too long and when rising get a terrible shooting pain, takes about two weeks to go away and cant usually walk straight.  What with other stuff happening I have finally learnt how to stop it getting that far.  Certain moves in my Pilates class appear to iron it out and Yoga also, mainly Pilates, all these classes are taught differently sadly by every individual teacher.  If it is too late to catch, I go to the chiropracter and one visit does it thought they usually insist on a second visit a week later.   I do have lower back arthritis which may come into the equasion.  I think it is trial and error I am afraid.

Hello Mary!

I wonder if it could be sciatic nerve pain, which extends from the lower spine to the back of the leg. That can be excruiciating.  I had it one entire summer and got to the point I could barely get in and out of the car.  My DR prescribed strong (800mg) Ibuprofen. Research the symptoms.  Just a thought.  My heart goes out to you!  Sounds like you are really in pain.  I love your family picture, by the way.  You have beautiful children! Hugs, Linda