What help is out there?

christald21
christald21 Member Posts: 55

I am on short term disability...  I only get half of my income..  this is barely enough to pay my bills...

Is there anything out there to help with funds for groceries, and other living expenses.  I have two little girls too. and it is getting very difficult to support everyone in my family.. I don't know what to do....  I have been trying to see things around the house, on EBAY and Craigslist..  Anyone know of goverment funded agencies to help in this matter..

Thank you again,

Christa

Comments

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Hi and I am sorry

I never get any assistance ,  because I am married and my husband works

1. Food stamps

2. Free or reduced cost for breakfast lunches at school

each state has it own additional programs like fresh fruits in CA

you also may try assistance for medical bills, you would spend money left for other needs

hugs and keep us posted

• christald21
    christald21 Member Posts: 55

Hi and I am sorry

I never get any assistance ,  because I am married and my husband works

1. Food stamps

2. Free or reduced cost for breakfast lunches at school

each state has it own additional programs like fresh fruits in CA

you also may try assistance for medical bills, you would spend money left for other needs

hugs and keep us posted

medical bills

I have met my deductable and out of pocket,, so so far this year,  anything else is covered %  as long as i use in network.. I will check in on some assistance from the state.. thanks

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member

medical bills

I have met my deductable and out of pocket,, so so far this year,  anything else is covered %  as long as i use in network.. I will check in on some assistance from the state.. thanks

Help?

Sorry for your troubles Christald21.......I am assuming you have Breast Cancer since you have posted on this Discussion Board....went to look at your home page and you haven't filled it out ...(I didn't fill mine out either for about 8 years)....but anyway.  I was lucky that I had the medical coverage I needed....but I think that surely there is assistance out there ....have you talked with the American Cancer Society?  Where I live they have a special group that helps younger women .....also the church is a good souce of assistance....  Sending Prayers for Answers and please keep posting and let us know ....Glo

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    not sure how young the kids

not sure how young the kids are but there is:

W.I.C to help out iwth food/ for younger children

food stamps

local food panties

Free meals at school (breakfast and lunch) you must applied for it

Denise

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    I am so sorry to hear you are

I am so sorry to hear you are going through rough times..

hugs

Denise