waiting on biopsy results and scared

trustinJesus
trustinJesus Member Posts: 59
edited August 2015 in Breast Cancer #1

I went for my first mammogram (I'm 41) and got the dreaded call back the next morning .  I went a week later hoping they would say everything was ok, but instead I had to have an ultrasound. Then a biopsy two days later.  I had the biopsy a week ago tomorrow. The doctor's didn't give me any insight on what they thought.  The doctor who did the biopsy said it was deep which scares me.   I'm scared to death and obsessed with looking things up online.  My doctor said it was a birad 4.  It was suspicious due to posterior shadowing.  Has anyone had shadowing and have it come out benign?  Doctor said it was .78X.4X.4 cm and was small with smooth margins.  I cannot feel a lump, but I have had a dull pain in the area where the wire on your bra stabs you under your armpit.  Now I am thinking it is due to my lymph nodes being enlarged.  The last two nights I have woken up sweaty.  My hair is damp  and I have sweat on my chest.  It's not alot but kinda like when you break a fever.  I should get a call from doctor tomorrow.  I'm convinced it malignant but I know I will never be prepared to hear I have breast cancer.  I was on this blog in 2011 because my dad had non hodgkins lymphoma and he's still here today.  TrustinJesus

Comments

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    So hard

I can really feel for you and what you are going through. Waiting for test results is the all time WORST thing, worse than any treatments even. Just know that we all care and will be thinking of you. No amount of worry will change what that report is going to say, so try to take a deep breath and be easy on yourself as you wait. Don't read too much on line, esp statistics. They can drive you crazy. It sounds like your case is in early stages (if it turns out to be anything) and the treatment options are very successful these days. Take care and let us know how it goes, Anna

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    tough time for sure...the

tough time for sure...the waiting game...I would suggest try  not to READ too much. Sometimes it makes our minds go 100 mph and we get scared-without need.

HUGS...and pixie dust heading your way. I will check back in to see if you post any updates.

Denise

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

tough time for sure...the

tough time for sure...the waiting game...I would suggest try  not to READ too much. Sometimes it makes our minds go 100 mph and we get scared-without need.

HUGS...and pixie dust heading your way. I will check back in to see if you post any updates.

Denise

Waiting

is usually worse than whatever they're gonna tell you, probably because we tend to (at least, I do) imagine the worst-case scenarios rather than more realistic possibilities. When I'm waiting for test results I tend to suspend all life and go through my days with the deer in the headlight look. Hopefully you'll get an all clear call today, but if you receive something other than good news, just know it's going to involve more waiting -- waiting for appointments with a surgeon, perhaps an oncologist, but you begin to gather information and facts and an action plan which actually helps dispel the fear because a plan in place gives you steps to take to help yourself. The good news is you've found a great source: us. Whatever is thrown at you, you've got all of us to help you.

Keep us posted. We care.

xoxo

Victoria

• Kats2
    Kats2 Member Posts: 126
    Waiting for results.....

Hello....Hope you got your results and are doing okay emotionally.......It's tough. Just to let you know.....my sister who was living in Brazil at the time, had a mammogram which showed a shadow deep within her left breast.....She was told that she needed a biopsy.....She came back to the States and had it done.....and yes, it was a malignant tumor, larger than yours.....She went through a lumpectomy, 4 rounds of chemo, and then radiation......Now, 15 years later, she's absolutely fine.......! So, think positive! Even if the results show a problem, it appears that it's been found in its early stages......You're young and I'm sure you'll be able to deal with whatever treatments are recommended.......Medicine has come a long way......My feeling is that you'll do fine.....Keep us posted......
                                                Kats 2

• trustinJesus
    Got the call and I'm so relieved.

I just got the call about a half hour ago and they said it was normal.  A benign fibroadenoma.  I'm so happy and relieved.  I was convinced it was malignant.  I'll be praying for all you lovely ladies.  Thanks for the support.  TrustinJesus

• aisling8
    aisling8 Member Posts: 1,627 Member

I just got the call about a half hour ago and they said it was normal.  A benign fibroadenoma.  I'm so happy and relieved.  I was convinced it was malignant.  I'll be praying for all you lovely ladies.  Thanks for the support.  TrustinJesus

Oh, yay

Whew!!!!

• ballerina06
    ballerina06 Member Posts: 57

I'm happy everything is fine!

I'm happy everything is fine! Thanks for letting us know!

• trustinJesus
    got call back later

So early today I was called and told my results were normal. I missed a call from the doctors office 5 mins before they close and called back and it was closed. Anyway Dr calls back and says that after reading the whole report she is refering me to another doctor to look at results and see if i need to have it taken out because it could possibly be a phylloids tumor. She said they are also benign but are fast growing. After reading up on them it says they could sometimes be cancerous. Now Im worried again. It makes me question the biopsy results. 

• lintx
    lintx Member Posts: 697

got call back later

So early today I was called and told my results were normal. I missed a call from the doctors office 5 mins before they close and called back and it was closed. Anyway Dr calls back and says that after reading the whole report she is refering me to another doctor to look at results and see if i need to have it taken out because it could possibly be a phylloids tumor. She said they are also benign but are fast growing. After reading up on them it says they could sometimes be cancerous. Now Im worried again. It makes me question the biopsy results. 

Hi

I understand the roller coaster ride this must seem like to you.  Be thankful for the DR sending you for another opinion, however. Try to focus on the positive side of things for now.  Everyone here can identify with your day!  Hopefully, it will be good news for you.  Please keep us posted.  Sending prayers your way. Hugs, Linda

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member

got call back later

trustinJesus....

Know all about that Roller Coaster Ride.........but you have chosen a perfect Pseudonym.....so please concentrate on that fact ....and DO TRUST IN JESUS. 

Let us know what happens next week....2nd opinions are always a good idea.  Hugs, Glo

• twnkltoz
    twnkltoz Member Posts: 169 Member

oops

Argh just read your update before responding. Sending mroe positive thoughts!

• disneyfan2008
    stopped in to see if any

stopped in to see if any updates.

Thinking of you & sending pixie dust.

Denise

• trustinJesus
    Meet with surgeon

I met with the surgeon today and it needs to come out.  Again I was hoping to go home and have it be over. Anyway, I worried again.  The only comfort is the pathologist favors Fibroadenoma over Phyllodes. Everything on the report says benign but I'm concerned because the doctor says its only a small amount of flesh is taken out so it could possibly still be mailgnant. Report said Fibroepithelial neoplasm favoring benign fibroadenoma .   She tried to be comforting in saying most cases are benign.  I have the surgery on Sept. 10 and then again the agony of waiting to find out.  I hate waiting.

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Meet with surgeon

I met with the surgeon today and it needs to come out.  Again I was hoping to go home and have it be over. Anyway, I worried again.  The only comfort is the pathologist favors Fibroadenoma over Phyllodes. Everything on the report says benign but I'm concerned because the doctor says its only a small amount of flesh is taken out so it could possibly still be mailgnant. Report said Fibroepithelial neoplasm favoring benign fibroadenoma .   She tried to be comforting in saying most cases are benign.  I have the surgery on Sept. 10 and then again the agony of waiting to find out.  I hate waiting.

We are waiting in support of YOU

Please update us when possible....  If you need anything in the meantime, we are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Positive thoughts and prayers going your way.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

• Double Whammy
    Double Whammy Member Posts: 2,832 Member
    VickiSam said:

We are waiting in support of YOU

Please update us when possible....  If you need anything in the meantime, we are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Positive thoughts and prayers going your way.

Strength, Courage and HOPE for a Cure.

Vicki Sam

We're all here while you wait

As others have said, we're here for you.  Vent away any time you want.  You could look at statistics which would either make you feel better or not, you can get input from someone who's been there, etc.  The problem is we're all individuals and the only way to know for sure what that thing in your breast is is to take it out.  It does sound like the odds are in your favor, but you just never know.  So vent away, and please keep us updates.

Best wishes,

Suzanne

• trustinJesus
    had surgey

I had my surgery and it went really well.  Didnt need a drain. There ended up being three lumps. Now I have to wait till next week for pathology results. Praying its benign. On a different note a very close friend on mine had a massive heart attack today. Please pray for him.  

Melissa

• trustinJesus

had surgey

I had my surgery and it went really well.  Didnt need a drain. There ended up being three lumps. Now I have to wait till next week for pathology results. Praying its benign. On a different note a very close friend on mine had a massive heart attack today. Please pray for him.  

Melissa

benign

Doctor just called and I thought she was just calling to see how I was feeling and was relieved and shocked that the results were already back.  It came back benign.  yeah.

• desertgirl947
    desertgirl947 Member Posts: 653 Member

benign

Doctor just called and I thought she was just calling to see how I was feeling and was relieved and shocked that the results were already back.  It came back benign.  yeah.

excellent

excellent

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member

benign

so happy for you

So happy you can put this behind you

• disneyfan2008
    I am checking back in to see

I am checking back in to see how things are going?

Denise