EditGirl

Options

Good Luck tomorrow. I know you will do GREAT! I'll be thinking about you.

For me, chemo #2 out of the way! 16 more to go. This one was easier on me emotionally. And, pushing on the port hurt less. Which is still not healed all the way.

Funny Story - The Chemo Nurse was trying to talk to this lady about getting a port. She did not want one and was not open to doing it, period. So later, I asked the nurse if it would help if I showed her mine. She said NO! Yours is still swollen and would scare her to death!  LOL  It is taking a long time to heal. But, yesterday was not too bad - I only took Advil one time.

OK Chris - You got this! Please post when you feel good enough and let us know how you are doing.

Sending lots of love your way,

Cindi

Comments

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Cindi and Chris- thinking about you

Hope that chemo # 2 goes well for you both. You both can do this, although I wish it was not necessary. Hope #2 is just a tiny bleep in the radar for you. Let me tell you, when I lost my hair I found myself in unfamiliar territory. For that matter, this entire experience has been outside reality for me. If there is one thing I learned from Ca is that I am stronger then I thought and that's a good thing.

I have not met any of you in person, but I can tell you what an honor it would be to do so! No Time, I spent a lot of time in Indy as a State of Indiana employee. I know that sometime in my future, I will be back and I would like to meet you in person then. Indy rocks!! And so do you!

Cathy

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Chemo Camp

I am ready to DO this!  I have been stuffing my mouth like crazy and have managed to gain a few pounds back.  Yay!  I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but when you are as slender as I am, that's a lot.  The last couple of days I have really been trying to hydrate and keep my protein intake up.  I've stocked up on Claritin, Immodium, Miralax, ginger ale, ginger, yogurt, soup, ice cream, popsicles, protein bars and shakes...and a friend going through chemo for breast cancer even suggested those SeaBands for nausea.  Got those, too, just in case, not to mention the 3 anti-nausea drugs I have prescriptions for, two prior to chemo and one as needed after.

My port isn't completely healed either, Cindi, but it's close.  It will probably be scary anyway because I am so skinny.  Looks like a giant cyst on my chest!  

Got a new book to help get me through the 5 hour session  (The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks!) and loaded up new tunes on the iPod.

I've been back on the bike a bit which has been wonderful for my mental health and I made it out to the barn today for some horse lovin'. Feeling strong, confident, peaceful and ready to get on with it!

Thanks for all your good wishes!  I will post when I can.

Chris

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    You guys are amazing.

Cathy - you have been so great and encouraging to me and others.  I had to put it out there!  i love the energy both Cindi and Chris put out there too.  I am losing my hair with this new treatment regime - thank God because it has been crazy hot here:).  I just had treatment number three of cycle number two; I had an added bonus yesterday of two blood transfusions which have me feeling great for now.  A little nausea but I took Zofran.

Chris I am so glad I got my ride in on Tuesday.  My low hemoglobin counts, which I didn't know at the time - made me dizzy at the end but it was an easy ride.  Horse therapy!  Doctor and nurse were shocked I was able to ride at all, then reminded me I shouldn't and acknowledged that if this my form of rebellion against the cancer they understand but can't endorse it.  I think learning that I am staying in the arena with instructors around helped too.  

Okay chemosabes - keep us posted.  I am back on the constipation path again.  Ugh!  sending healing vibes - Anne

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    AWK said:

You guys are amazing.

Cathy - you have been so great and encouraging to me and others.  I had to put it out there!  i love the energy both Cindi and Chris put out there too.  I am losing my hair with this new treatment regime - thank God because it has been crazy hot here:).  I just had treatment number three of cycle number two; I had an added bonus yesterday of two blood transfusions which have me feeling great for now.  A little nausea but I took Zofran.

Chris I am so glad I got my ride in on Tuesday.  My low hemoglobin counts, which I didn't know at the time - made me dizzy at the end but it was an easy ride.  Horse therapy!  Doctor and nurse were shocked I was able to ride at all, then reminded me I shouldn't and acknowledged that if this my form of rebellion against the cancer they understand but can't endorse it.  I think learning that I am staying in the arena with instructors around helped too.  

Okay chemosabes - keep us posted.  I am back on the constipation path again.  Ugh!  sending healing vibes - Anne

PS

I keep giving Cisco shout outs but my two labs have been pretty amazing.  They are good home health aides.  Getting me out moving, taking naps and checking on me.  I wake up many times to a pair of brown eyes and a pair of gold eyes staring at me.  If I roll over and keep sleeping they do the same and recheck in 30 minutes.  My poor husband is dealing with their pent up energy when he gets home.  So sweet.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Chemo Camp

I am ready to DO this!  I have been stuffing my mouth like crazy and have managed to gain a few pounds back.  Yay!  I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but when you are as slender as I am, that's a lot.  The last couple of days I have really been trying to hydrate and keep my protein intake up.  I've stocked up on Claritin, Immodium, Miralax, ginger ale, ginger, yogurt, soup, ice cream, popsicles, protein bars and shakes...and a friend going through chemo for breast cancer even suggested those SeaBands for nausea.  Got those, too, just in case, not to mention the 3 anti-nausea drugs I have prescriptions for, two prior to chemo and one as needed after.

My port isn't completely healed either, Cindi, but it's close.  It will probably be scary anyway because I am so skinny.  Looks like a giant cyst on my chest!  

Got a new book to help get me through the 5 hour session  (The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks!) and loaded up new tunes on the iPod.

I've been back on the bike a bit which has been wonderful for my mental health and I made it out to the barn today for some horse lovin'. Feeling strong, confident, peaceful and ready to get on with it!

Thanks for all your good wishes!  I will post when I can.

Chris

Chris, Don't Be Surprised

If you sleep a lot. That Benedryl kicks my butt!  I read for about 30 minutes, ate and then slept.  Mine is only 3.5 hours. Then, I got home, ate again (must be the steroids) and then slept for 3 hours. Once again, I didn't get that energy boost that others talked about, dang it. Regardless, I will be walking my little guys within the next half hour.

My "cyst" also sticks out. My doctor warned me it probably would. I don't have a lot of fat on my chest either. But, I'm not skinny either. Just average weight. I haven't worn a bra since the implant. It is located right where my strap would go. So, until it doesn't hurt, nothing is going to be pushing on it!

So glad you are ready. That is half the battle!

Love,

Cindi

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    AWK said:

PS

I keep giving Cisco shout outs but my two labs have been pretty amazing.  They are good home health aides.  Getting me out moving, taking naps and checking on me.  I wake up many times to a pair of brown eyes and a pair of gold eyes staring at me.  If I roll over and keep sleeping they do the same and recheck in 30 minutes.  My poor husband is dealing with their pent up energy when he gets home.  So sweet.

Family Matters

Anne, I love your "animal" family stories. They are the best! And, working with the doggie energy is good for your husband too. Stress release for sure!

Sorry about your constipation. Awful stuff! I'm amazed at all the meds that are out there to counter the impacts of the chemo. Makes a person's head spin.

I hope you find some continued energy bursts. Glad you got to ride Cisco.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Abbycat2 said:

Cindi and Chris- thinking about you

Hope that chemo # 2 goes well for you both. You both can do this, although I wish it was not necessary. Hope #2 is just a tiny bleep in the radar for you. Let me tell you, when I lost my hair I found myself in unfamiliar territory. For that matter, this entire experience has been outside reality for me. If there is one thing I learned from Ca is that I am stronger then I thought and that's a good thing.

I have not met any of you in person, but I can tell you what an honor it would be to do so! No Time, I spent a lot of time in Indy as a State of Indiana employee. I know that sometime in my future, I will be back and I would like to meet you in person then. Indy rocks!! And so do you!

Cathy

thanks!

Thanks Cathy. I think we all are stronger than we thought when we are tested. Agree, that is a good thing.

I went into #2 feeling good today. Yesterday was a very normal day. Higher energy. No nap needed. I got a lot done even with my hysterectomy weight and physical restrictions. Looking forward to that 6 week check up!

I haven't lost my hair yet. The nurse said I may not. That surprised me since I haven't heard of anyone on Taxol keeping their hair. I'm not 'hanging my hat' on that wish! (There is a reason I'm not a comedian!) Sorry All! LOL  I'll be happy if I keep my eyelashes and eyebrows.

As always, appreciate your feedback and wisdom.

Cindi

• Lou Ann M
    Lou Ann M Member Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    Two new troopers

Cindi and Chris, you have made it through the hardest part, the first two, so you know that you can do this.  I wish I had found this spot 3 years ago at the start of my rollercoaster ride.  I had advise from my chemo nurse during the orientation, but nothing like the advice given here.  Most of what I know know was trial and error.  A good friend suggested listening to relaxing music during chemo, and I think it does help keep you calmer.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann 

• molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    Options
    My heart is with you all

My heart is with you all ,wish I could change all of this by praying,wishing and hoping, but I will keep trying.  May the grace of the Creator finds us all and cleanse us of this evil, Hope your day will come with pleasantries tomorrow and all the tomorrows.

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    Options
    Lou Ann M said:

Two new troopers

Cindi and Chris, you have made it through the hardest part, the first two, so you know that you can do this.  I wish I had found this spot 3 years ago at the start of my rollercoaster ride.  I had advise from my chemo nurse during the orientation, but nothing like the advice given here.  Most of what I know know was trial and error.  A good friend suggested listening to relaxing music during chemo, and I think it does help keep you calmer.  Hugs and prayers, Lou Ann 

Lou Ann

I'm with you. I have gotten way  more information and understanding from our troops here than any of the doctors have provided.

It truly has been my life line. And why I have had such a positive attitude and outlook.

So far, I have stayed calm during chemo. I hope it continues. Of course, my infusions take less time than others since they are weekly.

BTW, I didn't get a chemo orientation. They just took me to the chemo room and showed me where I would get it, handed me some papers to read and sent me on my way.

Once again.... SO glad for everyone here!

Love,

Cindi