I hopefully will have some normalacy back in my life

Options
SASH
SASH Member Posts: 421 Member

Another appointment down, this time with the Radiation Oncologist.  Yes, it has been 15 1/2 years since I completed radiation, but he still sees me once a year.  The appointment went well and he has given his OK, that I can start Hyperbaric Oxygen Treatments.  This will consist of 30 dives pre oral surgery which is to remove the remaining four teeth on the bottom, level out my mandible and insert the posts for implants.  Once this is healed in 6 to 7 months, I will start the process of getting impressions, permanent posts, and a lower plate made with some teeth.

This should make it so I will more easily be able to eat.  Not that I'm not eating now, but it is difficult with just the 4 front teeth on the bottom to chew.

Normallacy, here I come.

Comments

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Long time coming............

Yes you have been to hell and back on your road to beat this beast. This will help you so much and as always hope it goes well. Tour commits and suport over the years have helped and toughed so many lives, I thank you for being here for so many people.

Bill

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options
    wmc said:

Long time coming............

Yes you have been to hell and back on your road to beat this beast. This will help you so much and as always hope it goes well. Tour commits and suport over the years have helped and toughed so many lives, I thank you for being here for so many people.

Bill

Congrats!

HBOT is a piece of cake. Hope your new implants go well.

• SASH
    Options
    hwt said:

Congrats!

HBOT is a piece of cake. Hope your new implants go well.

New Teeth

My avatar is a picture of what I want my new teeth to look like.

• MrsBD
    MrsBD Member Posts: 615 Member
    Options

Whew! I was just about to ask. Hopefully your dentist says no! I am happy that you are not too long 'til normalcy. It's been a tough road for you.

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    sash, don't expect toooo much

sash, don't expect toooo much normalcy because as you know we are all "abi-normal" for life........lol  good luck with the upcoming procedures!!

God bless you,

dj

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Normal

What is normal, just glad to see you made the 15 year mark and still getting the all clear sign. I did 30 dives a few years ago to help heal a leaking valve, and then I had to do another ten dives to pull a bad tooth. Being I have worked 42 years for a Diving company I knew all about HBO so to me it was normal whatever normal is….   ALL THE BEST TO YOU SASH

Tim

• Skiffin16
    Skiffin16 Member Posts: 8,305 Member
    Options
    WooHoo...

Here's to abi-normallacy.., LOL

• SASH
    Options
    1 HBOT down 29 to go

I was a bit anxious about being locked in the tube for the first time, but made it through. 

Watched a movie that they provided, I will have to go through my stash to see what I can bring or get some from the Library or Netflix.  Or even RedBox just so I have something to do while laying there with nothing to do.