screen names-curuious if what they mean to everyone

Options
2»

Comments

• LouisaP
    LouisaP Member Posts: 62
    Options

Hmmmmm......

I must have green eyes....and be a girl!

My grandsons first name,

My grandsons first name, middle & last initial.

• ballerina06
    ballerina06 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Ballerina, I studied ballet,

Ballerina, I studied ballet, jazz and tap from the age of 6 and danced professionally starting in my teens til I got pregnant with my second child at 32. I still dance for exercise but I changed dance styles. I do stepping, line dancing and salsa. One of my instructors gave me the name Ballerina because she got tired of telling me to get off half point when I should have been dancing with bent knees.

• alabama_survivor
    alabama_survivor Member Posts: 85
    Options
    Mine is self explanatory.  I

Mine is self explanatory.  I live in Wetumpka, AL which is in the Montgomery metro area.  Since my brother and sister also have cancer, I wanted to be able to talk openly and remain anonomous without anyone recognizing me.  Now that I am stage 4, some would argue that I a "metster" and not a survivor, but I was under the impression that as soon as one is diagnosed, they become a survivor.  My first name is Jeanelle, btw, and it's hard to be anonomous with a name like that, especially with the unusual spelling.

• Datsy
    Datsy Member Posts: 31
    Options
    Name

Datsy was my imaginary friend when I was a little girl.

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    Datsy said:

Name

Why Anonymous?

I could understand wanting to be anonymous if you were ashamed of something...but what is the point of it where Cancer is concerned? This is something that just happens to us...usually out of the blue.....my son says it is because of all those evil people out there who want to steal your identity or something like that.  I don't worry about it too much since I'm actually more concerned with living in the NOW instead of the Future.  :)   Just my opinion anyway....and not meaning to sound critical of anybody else's choices. 

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    Datsy said:

Name

Love it..

Datsy:

Love it..Cool

• coral2015
    coral2015 Member Posts: 30
    Options

My Maiden name was English!

My Maiden name was English!

LOL

LOL

• alabama_survivor
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Why Anonymous?

I could understand wanting to be anonymous if you were ashamed of something...but what is the point of it where Cancer is concerned? This is something that just happens to us...usually out of the blue.....my son says it is because of all those evil people out there who want to steal your identity or something like that.  I don't worry about it too much since I'm actually more concerned with living in the NOW instead of the Future.  :)   Just my opinion anyway....and not meaning to sound critical of anybody else's choices. 

The anonomous is more for my

The anonomous is more for my brother and sister's privacy.  They just need to be able to deal with their cancers in their own way.  The three of us have always been close, and this has certainly been an interesting way for the 3 of us to support each other.  Both my brother and I are stage 4.

• trustinJesus
    trustinJesus Member Posts: 59
    Options
    trustinJesus

trustinJesus is pretty self explanatory.  I joined this group in 2011 because my dad was diagnosed with non-hodgkin's lymphoma.  I was terrified and after a week of being depressed and terrified  I had to let go of the fear and trust in Jesus.  My dad went through alot.  He had r-chop treatment and was told the cancer was gone after only 3 treatments.  We were soo happy and then after another 3 months they said it was back.  He then had rice treatment in which you are hospitilyzed for 3 days(multiple times) and they said that didn't work.  Then he had a bone marrow transplant on his birthday.  They again said it wasn't gone.  I just didn't want to hear the words there was nothing else they could do.  The doctor finally decided to a biopsy ( all the other diagnoses were done from a petscan) and they found out he had granuloma.  Basically he had a years worth of chemo and bone marrow transplant for nothing.  He did originally have nhl but other doctors have told my dad it was probably cured after the first 3 treatment.  ALWAYS get a biopsy dont rely on a petscan!!!!

My dad is doing well.  He has alot of side affects from so much treatment. He has neurophathy in his feet and has very low blood counts.  The doctors told him this is just gonna be his new norm. 

I'm having lumpectomy next week and again I need to let go of the fear and trust in Jesus.  Hoping is just a benign Fibroadenoma.

• disneyfan2008
    Options
    Thanks for all the

Thanks for all the replies...great stories behind the names..

I am going to disney in 38 days with 2 friends and just booked  resort yesterday for the WHOLE family 2016!

Denise aka disneyfan2008@yahoo.com

• tjhay1
    tjhay1 Member Posts: 18
    Options
    TJ is my nickname and i want

TJ is my nickname and i want to say hi when on here so tjhay

• morgamed
    morgamed Member Posts: 75
    Options
    tjhay1 said:

TJ is my nickname and i want

TJ is my nickname and i want to say hi when on here so tjhay

MorgaMed

My Dr gave me this name and now it is my company name and branding name.  

Thank goodness I'm not having any babies or he would want to name them also....

• lizzie17
    lizzie17 Member Posts: 548
    Options
    morgamed said:

MorgaMed

My Dr gave me this name and now it is my company name and branding name.  

Thank goodness I'm not having any babies or he would want to name them also....

Lizzie17

I chose Lizzie because she is my little rescue kitty weighing only 6 pounds, full grown.   And 17 is my daughter's favorite number.

• kln
    kln Member Posts: 22
    Options
    Kelly Lynne Nelson

Kelly Lynne Nelson

• andi44
    andi44 Member Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    screen names...

My screen name is just my nick name Andi and the 44 is the age when I was diagnosed...What a fun topic of discussion... Smile

• sweetvickid
    sweetvickid Member Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Back when hotmail first came

Back when hotmail first came out a friend set mine up. He told me it was something nasty but finally told me it was sweetvickid.  He said I like to think of myself as tough but this way everyone would know right off the bat that I was a sweetie.  Richard and I are still friends although we live miles apart and I still say he was the little brother I never wanted.

• Ace44
    Ace44 Member Posts: 47
    Options
    Ace is what my cousin called

Ace is what my cousin called me in high school...I was on the volleyball team. 44 is my jersey number. I am 40 and live in Michigan. 

• disneyfan2008
    Options
    andi44 said:

screen names...

My screen name is just my nick name Andi and the 44 is the age when I was diagnosed...What a fun topic of discussion... Smile

interesting responses

interesting responsesCool

• disneyfan2008
    Options
    Ace44 said:

Ace is what my cousin called

Ace is what my cousin called me in high school...I was on the volleyball team. 44 is my jersey number. I am 40 and live in Michigan. 

Love the history behind the

Love the history behind the names...

Mine is not hard to figure out...hehe..i just got back a week ago...miss it already..

I am a mouse addtict