Table breaking

Options

Mom is coping. We are into week 3. Her hair is thinning. Her mouth is a little iffy but no mouth sores so far it appears. But we have a compliant. Her table keeps breaking! Every week her table has broke. Is this normal? Two times she has been down there and it was broken and no one told us before the hour drive there. Nothing is more upsetting than to arrive, sit waiting for 20 minutes then finally to be told the table is broken and it wouldn't be fixed until too late in the day for her to have treatment. Now today we are on our way, about half way there and sure enough a call came in. That's three times! We managed to convince them to reschedule us for the afternoon at 4 even though they said they had normal patients who get treatment. Has anyone else dealt with this? This is a huge hospital that is supposed to be very good. Its frustrating. 

Comments

• NJMOM
    NJMOM Member Posts: 64
    Options
    Wow!!

We have experienced the very same thing! Luckily we only live 5 minutes or so from the hospital pital and can drop everything and go when they call us to come in for the treatment....just wish we'd know it before we get up at the crack of dawn to go for treatment. It must be a common complaint and I always wonder if the machine is truly working the correct way when they rush to get it fixed. Luckily we haven't to miss an appointment yet because of it because we just want to get this over with and in the rear view mirror? Wishing your family all the best!!

• debbiejeanne
    debbiejeanne Member Posts: 3,102 Member
    Options
    i had tx at a very small

i had tx at a very small place and i never had that problem.  i would insist they call me when this happens.  that is terrible that they don't.  i hope it gets better so tx can get finished.

God bless you,

dj

• hwt
    hwt Member Posts: 2,328 Member
    Options

i had tx at a very small

i had tx at a very small place and i never had that problem.  i would insist they call me when this happens.  that is terrible that they don't.  i hope it gets better so tx can get finished.

God bless you,

dj

Keep them on their toes

Tell them it is just too difficult on your Mom and ask if there is another tx center close by she might be able to move to. That shouldn't be happening. 

• TracyLynn72
    TracyLynn72 Member Posts: 839
    Options
    Mine was broken

one time during the course of 7 weeks I had treatment.  Luckily I only lived about 15 minutes away and it broke early enough for them to can me and postpone my treatment.  Sad to say...these machines are being used SO much....my center actually has a brand new one now because all of the patients lterally wore out the other one!  The scariest day was when the machine "stalled" (for lack of a better word) when I was IN my treatment. Everything just stopped, beeped like crazy and they toldl me to remain calm and just be very still.  That wasn't too fun, but they got it back up and running in about 2-3 minutes. 

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    It happens

When you think of all the stuff that needs to happen for the machine to be right, it does not take much to brake. I know it is distressful on you because it was for me every time I went in to find it broken because all I wanted was to get it over and done with. I hope and pray that it does not brake again and you can get it all over with as soon as possible.

Tim

• ratface
    ratface Member Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    It happened to me 3-4 times

They break down a lot. My facility actually had a tech/repair guy standing by for several weekes. It's quite normal and other than the inconvenience will not affect treatment outcome. Hang in there and just get through it the best you can. Don't be too hard on the techs as they are generally wonderful people.