Sex life 5 yrs later

Options
jphilpo
jphilpo Member Posts: 177
edited August 2015 in Breast Cancer #1

Hi all,

It has been so long since I have posted here, but this site was so helpful as I went through treatment and recovery, I thought I would come to you again. I am 5 years post treatment and doing well. However, I am devastated by the loss of my libido. My Gino gave me the script for the low estrogen cream with the approval of my onco, but they both understand my fears since I was estrogen positive. Over the counter things have not worked either.  Does anyone know of a "natural" remedy to try? A while back someone had posted the name of something to buy from a online health website, but I can not find it. Does anyone know?

thanks for your help and I wish you all the best,

jean

Comments

• lintx
    lintx Member Posts: 697
    Options
    Hi Jean

Just wondered if you've been on Tamoxifen for 5 yrs?  It's a game changer in many ways.  I'm just ending my 3rd year of it.  I was highly estrogen positive.  Personally, I wouldn't use any product with estrogen in it.  Ironically, I was prescribed Estrace cream for dryness and diagnosed with early bc four months later. Even though my GYN swore only 1% was absorbed in the bloodstream, I'll always wonder.  Linda

• jphilpo
    jphilpo Member Posts: 177
    Options
    lintx said:

Hi Jean

Just wondered if you've been on Tamoxifen for 5 yrs?  It's a game changer in many ways.  I'm just ending my 3rd year of it.  I was highly estrogen positive.  Personally, I wouldn't use any product with estrogen in it.  Ironically, I was prescribed Estrace cream for dryness and diagnosed with early bc four months later. Even though my GYN swore only 1% was absorbed in the bloodstream, I'll always wonder.  Linda

Thanks for replying. I was

Thanks for replying. I was originally on femara and had a strong reaction to it. My onc. Then switched me to tamoxifen. I suffered with severe fatigue and bone & joint pain. I was on that for 3 1/2 years and then was taken off. He said that I did the best I could on it. I too am highly estrogen positive. I will not Use the cream at all. I am always searching for alternatives.

hope you are well.

• BlownAway60
    BlownAway60 Member Posts: 851
    Options
    No Good Answers

I tried everything. I got the most relief with Purified coconut oil or Vitamin E suppositories. Both are all natural, no estrogen. My onc also let me try the ESTring, as it is low dose hormone replacement but I stopped using it due to yeast infections. The Purified coconut oil was purchased in Walmart. The Vitamin E suppositories were purchased from Amazon.

Hope this helps you.

I finished my 5 years of Femara in April 2015.

Donna

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options

No Good Answers

I tried everything. I got the most relief with Purified coconut oil or Vitamin E suppositories. Both are all natural, no estrogen. My onc also let me try the ESTring, as it is low dose hormone replacement but I stopped using it due to yeast infections. The Purified coconut oil was purchased in Walmart. The Vitamin E suppositories were purchased from Amazon.

Hope this helps you.

I finished my 5 years of Femara in April 2015.

Donna

Sex?

Seems to me I vaguely recall that three letter word.....but honestly haven't had any in so long that I almost forgot what it was like to worry about it.  :)   The Vit E and coconut oil sound like they would be very helpful.....and working on our brains always helps too  ....since true intimacy begins in our minds anyway...just like everything else in life we have to wrap our minds around it.....  prayers for answers that work for you.  Glo

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Options
    GlowMore said:

Sex?

Seems to me I vaguely recall that three letter word.....but honestly haven't had any in so long that I almost forgot what it was like to worry about it.  :)   The Vit E and coconut oil sound like they would be very helpful.....and working on our brains always helps too  ....since true intimacy begins in our minds anyway...just like everything else in life we have to wrap our minds around it.....  prayers for answers that work for you.  Glo

Glo

you are funny...

Glo

you are funny...