I said NO to radiation and NO to Chemo and am doing a Natural approach... has anyone else done this?

Options

Comments

• CindyHeadley
    CindyHeadley Member Posts: 16 Member
    Options

Alternative treatment

I think that you are having second thoughts about your decision to not take chemotherapy and well you should. People who refuse chemotherapy when it is indicated invariably have recurrence of their cancer. Thanks to medical science  each person who developes breast cancer do not have to reinvent the wheel. You can profit from the accumulated knowledge that comes from the many people who have been treated proir to you. if you do not availe yourself of this knowledge you will suffer the consequence of your decision and experience a premature death from cancer recurrence.  

No, no second thoughts at

No, no second thoughts at all! Just looking for others taking the same approach as I am to chat with.

• CindyHeadley
    Options
    pelijenn said:

Yes! triple positive, all-natural!

Cindy- yes! This can totally be done. I was dx in Sept 2012 with stage 4 dcis, triple positive. I did agree to four doses of A/C chemo but it did not work. My tumor continued to grow and metastasized while on chemo. By the time I was finished with chemo I had grown 2 cup sizes and my tumor was bigger than my head. After double mastectomy, I felt led to refuse further chemo and radiation and was told I would be dead in six months if I didn't do them. Actually had the doc tell me that i should be ashamed of myself that I was going to make my children grow up without a mother. It was awful. HE was awful. Finally had to tell the onc that he would have to take  it up with God if he really felt like arguing with someone, because I felt He was telling me not to do the chemo and radiation. Then he  hung up on me.  :) 

So, then I switched  to a raw vegan diet and lost about 35 lbs in 60 days. I read the China Study and also I followed some of the advice on www.chrisbeatcancer.com and was able to not only put my cancer into remission (all tumor markers into normal range, plus no evidence of disease on imaging) in the first 45 days, but I also got rid of the following: plantar fasciitis, clinical depression, eczema, chronic fatigue, lifelong migraines, obesity, and gastric issues that had been plaguing me for decades.

I had about 8 months of bliss and figured the cancer was gone for good and went right back to eating junk. Cancer came back along with a lot of stress and now it's mets in the liver, lymph, and bone. Went to a naturopathic  clinic in AZ and got rid of the lymph involvement and also the liver tumors. Now I'm just dealing with bone mets. They are extensive and painful, but as long as I can keep it out of vital organs, I'm good. 

Kudos to you for picking a non-toxic, healthy route. These other lovely ladies on here are wonderful, but I really felt strongly that it didn't make sense for me to poison my body to get it well. Have you heard of Ann Cameron, the childrens author? I am following her 'protocol' of juicing carrots and am having very very good results. My pH just now was 7.0!  Steady for almost two weeks now. :)

I wish you well and just joined after I read your note. I wanted to let you know you are not alone and it is a fantastic, healing path!

Jenni

Thank you Jenni for your

Thank you Jenni for your support! I'm so glad you joined and shared your perspective!

When I said no to chemo my oncologist stopped working with me. I actually have no oncologist. My surgeon is the doctor that is continuing to work with me and he was not happy at all with my decision, but wants to respect my wishes. Your doctor sounded awful. That is no way to speak with a patient.

Yes, I have watched several of ChrisBeatsCancer's videos. I also follow Suzanne Somers (her doctor was great). Have you heard about Hollie... https://www.facebook.com/YouDidWhatBook. She said no to treatments in 2002 and is doing great.

My naturopath did a test on me showing I had two food intolerances I didn't know I had. These had been putting my body in distress my whole life. I stopped eating those food groups and dropped 19 pounds. I used to suffer from migraines since I was around 12 and now they are gone. My psorasis is 90 percent better. My naturopath also told me that all of the women she is treating for bc are Vit D deficient. I had mine checked and I was too. Vit D deficiency has been linked to agressive bc. I'm getting other vitamins and minerals checked too. Low Iodine is also linked to causing bc. I've been eating a more alkline diet as my ph was way acidic and cancer can only grow in an acidic ph. I will definitely check out Ann Cameron and her carrot protocol. Where/how are you testing your ph level?

Blessings, 
    Cindy

• CindyHeadley
    Options
    Dek1012 said:

Alternative Approaches

Hi Cindy, I read your message and felt I wanted to share some information with you.  First, I know this has to be your decision and that you must feel comfortable with your choice.  I truly believe doing all the things you mentioned are very important.  When I was first diagnosed with breast cancer I also went searching for answers and also followed some online cancer patients.  One person in particular gave some very enlightening  information about making decisions and choices.  Her name is Christina Newman and she has a video regarding alternative approaches.  The video is titled, Cancer, Me and Alternative Cancer treatments Vlog # 37.  Basically she said you should ask to speak with people that have the same type of cancer and if the alternative treatments were working.   Do  take  care and I do wish you all the best. 

Thank you!

Thank you!

• CindyHeadley
    Options

Hi I do not know if it is your real picture

Hi you look very young and I assure still producing estrogen if you still have ovaries. you need to block it for sure. Please have follow ups with your breast surgeon and continue to have annual mamograms. You must think about your future iven you feel fine today.

My best wishes to you

Yep that is a current picture

Yep that is a current picture of me.... I'm 46. My doctors have not told me anything about needing to get my estrogen blocked. I'll keep that in mind and ask my nurse navigator. Yep, I have follow ups every three months and will have a mammo in Oct. 

• CindyHeadley
    Options
    button2 said:

Mrs. Bob, I agree with you

I hate to be a "Negative Nancy" but I know so many stories like yours. A friend who got diagnosed along with me did the "nature route". After a year she got a brain tumor. She regretted her previous stance and got the gamma knife to remove her tumor and finally did chemo/rads. She's doing ok now. I think it's important for us to spread the word to people considering spending their hard earned cash and their lives to enrich those willing to make a quick buck off cancer victims. After all, you can do all the natural stuff ALONG WITH traditional medicine.

I'm doing a natural approach

I'm doing a natural approach and no one is making money off of me. My naturopath is very affordable, much more affordable than regular doctors.

The ones that you all know that did a natural approach and then died. Did they start off with breast cancer? Did they have surgery? Were they told it had not spread? Did they keep up with follow up appointments and mammos? Did they completely change their eating habits? Did they find out what foods could contribute to the type they had and then avoid those? Did they stop eating all sugar? Did they bring their body and mind back into alignment? Did they have a Direct Encounter with God where they were being told that they were in fact healed? Did they put their hand on their cancerous lump and ask it "what is your message?" and immediately know why they had it? Did they tell their cancer they loved it, they understood and that it was time for it leave?

I could go on and on about "my" story. 

I believe everyone is on their own journey and that their path and their cancer story and treatment will be as different and unique as we all are.

Love and Light and Healing to All,
    Cindy

• CindyHeadley
    Options

Did you all know that chemo

Did you all know that chemo only helps 22 out of 100 people? My oncologist told me that. He also told me that it was 50/50 that it may or may not ever come back. If I did the chemo he suggested and IF I was one of the 22 people it would help it would bring my chances up to 83 percent that it would not come back.

I am a firm believer that if cancer can only grow in a body that is out of alignment then we have the ability to put our bodies back into alignment. 

I know several women that have died from cancer and they all did radiation and chemo. Doing radiation and chemo does not ensure you that you won't die. I had a friend that had a double masectomy last year so that she would not have to worry about the cancer coming back and she did what her doctors recommended medicine wise and guess what another form of cancer came back in her chest.

Everyone needs to pick what is right for them.

FYI: I responded to several

FYI: I responded to several of the above comments... just look for the "new" comments.

Love and Light,

Cindy 

• LindenLea
    LindenLea Member Posts: 22
    Options

Thanks everyone. Yep, I'm

Thanks everyone. Yep, I'm trying to find people that have done alternative methods that's why I posted this. I know a few that are doing a more natural approach and they are doing well years later. I just thought I'd see if there where any here in this group doing an alternative method right now.

Oh my... triple positive? The

Oh my... triple positive? The first two of those are estrogen and progesterone. No one has mentioned the need for estrogen blockers? I'm new to this cancer thing...and don't know all that much. But that warrants more questions from you to the docs. IMHO.

• button2
    button2 Member Posts: 421
    Options

Did you all know that chemo

Did you all know that chemo only helps 22 out of 100 people? My oncologist told me that. He also told me that it was 50/50 that it may or may not ever come back. If I did the chemo he suggested and IF I was one of the 22 people it would help it would bring my chances up to 83 percent that it would not come back.

I am a firm believer that if cancer can only grow in a body that is out of alignment then we have the ability to put our bodies back into alignment. 

I know several women that have died from cancer and they all did radiation and chemo. Doing radiation and chemo does not ensure you that you won't die. I had a friend that had a double masectomy last year so that she would not have to worry about the cancer coming back and she did what her doctors recommended medicine wise and guess what another form of cancer came back in her chest.

Everyone needs to pick what is right for them.

Cancer is tough to treat

No doubt, cancer can come back after treatment. I would do chemo even if only 1 in 100 women survived. Why? Because it's better than doing nothing, feeding my cancer with vitamins and lining the pockets of snake oil salesmen.

• LindenLea
    LindenLea Member Posts: 22
    Options

FYI: I responded to several

FYI: I responded to several of the above comments... just look for the "new" comments.

Love and Light,

Cindy 

Oh, honey, reading your posts

Oh, honey, reading your posts is very distressing to me, and I don't even know you.  A one-inch tumor? That's gigantic. And HER+ is also scary. 

From the ACS site: 

"HER2/neu testing

"About 1 of 5 breast cancers have too much of a growth-promoting protein called HER2/neu (often just shortened to HER2). The HER2/neu gene instructs the cells to make this protein. Tumors with increased levels of HER2/neu are referred to as HER2-positive.

"Cancers that are HER2-positive have too many copies of the HER2/neu gene, resulting in greater than normal amounts of the HER2/neu protein. These cancers tend to grow and spread more aggressively than other breast cancers."

Why not do everything possible to minimize your chances of a recurrence, including alternative AND traditional treatment? BTW, Vitamin D deficiency is rampant in the general population...it's one of the most common Vitamin deficiencies. (My doc also put me on Vit D pills.) There have been articles about it. Some think it's related to our modern, aggressive use of sunscreen. Vitamin D pills are not going to protect you from a recurrence. But do take them. Chemo might not either, but there's a lot of supporting evidence for it, research-based as well as anecdotal. 

After my husband, a previous boyfriend, and another good friend died within two years of each other (the latter two men from cancer), I coined the expression, "Sometimes you do everything right and they still die." But why not throw everything in the book at this? 

Have you heard this story? http://storiesforpreaching.com/i-sent-you-a-rowboat/

Just my 2 cents. 

• New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options

Yep that is a current picture

Yep that is a current picture of me.... I'm 46. My doctors have not told me anything about needing to get my estrogen blocked. I'll keep that in mind and ask my nurse navigator. Yep, I have follow ups every three months and will have a mammo in Oct. 

Hi Cindy

hi Cindy

i am glad that you came back and respond to all our comments. I am not sure about qualifications of your medical team as they have not explain to you ER/Pr positive and Her2positibe ams treatment options for it. Please ask at your next appointment

good luck

please come back tell us how are doing

• twnkltoz
    twnkltoz Member Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Everyone has to make their

Everyone has to make their own decision. I've heard many, many survival stories that involved chemo and radiation. I've heard of just one that went the natural path, and it was colon cancer not breast. I truly wish you the best of luck, but if what you're doing isn't working, please reconsider before it's too late.

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    twnkltoz said:

Everyone has to make their

Everyone has to make their own decision. I've heard many, many survival stories that involved chemo and radiation. I've heard of just one that went the natural path, and it was colon cancer not breast. I truly wish you the best of luck, but if what you're doing isn't working, please reconsider before it's too late.

CindyHeadley

Would you please do us all a favor and keep posting so we can hear how you are doing as you go forward on your journey with the Vitamins and diet treatment for Breast Cancer? And if possible ...should you become ill would you please have a friend of yours let us know what has happened should you not be able to post later on?   And would you please go and fill in the Home Page for the rest of us to try to understand your decision and your diagnosis?  Thanks....I wish you the best and send you prayers for strength and courage.  Glo

• LouisaP
    LouisaP Member Posts: 62
    Options
    GlowMore said:

CindyHeadley

Would you please do us all a favor and keep posting so we can hear how you are doing as you go forward on your journey with the Vitamins and diet treatment for Breast Cancer? And if possible ...should you become ill would you please have a friend of yours let us know what has happened should you not be able to post later on?   And would you please go and fill in the Home Page for the rest of us to try to understand your decision and your diagnosis?  Thanks....I wish you the best and send you prayers for strength and courage.  Glo

I believe you can make your

I believe you can make your body as healthy as possible & it may help prevent cancer. But, once cancer does grow it's mutant cells, they need to be killed & vitamins & eating healthy etc cannot kill cancer cells. With you being triple positive, even a couple of microscopic cancer cells will be feeding off your hormones & growing. Especially the HER. I see that you are doing this based on your religious beliefs. Keep an open mind.

• ballerina06
    ballerina06 Member Posts: 57
    Options
    Hi Cindy, After I was DX a

Hi Cindy, After I was DX a second time, I went to school to study nutrition as well as, physiology and anatomy. I did have treatment and did meds however, since I'm done and cancer free, I have been putting my knowledge to use to stay cancer free. I know there are a lot of things that can contribute to developing and enhancing cancer. Personally, I will do the natural now but, if a reoccurrence happens, I will do treatment also. We do what's best for us! I hope all goes well.

• jasipec
    jasipec Member Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Cindy,
    I have a similar

Hi Cindy,

I have a similar situation to you and am dealing with it the same as you!  Lumpectomy late January - estrogen positive, clear lymph nodes.  I was told radiation followed by a hormone inhibitor (Letrozole) would be the follow-up treatment.  I felt my body did not want or need radiation.  I have a good immune system and did not want to mess with it!  So I started to read and research. The result - I now see a Naturopath, have changed my diet, will do a detox twice a year and will continue to build a strong immune system. I also had a Vitamin D test and now take vitamin d.  I have cut out sugar and processed food from my diet, eat lots of cancer-fighting foods such as cruciferous vegetables, turmeric, green tea....  I feel great and have lost weight - a bonus!. I meditate and exercise regularly (at least try to!)  I just know this is the best route for me.  I've learned a great deal, but two things really surprised me:

1) I saw two oncologists - neither asked any questions about my lifestyle - nutrition, exercise, stress, emotional wellbeing, etc.  I understand they are taught very little on these subjects in their training and yet, to me, they are really important components of health and wellbeing. 

2) Most research studies are done on pharmaceuticals and very little on nautral or alternative treatments...... and yet there are lots of success stories there.

As has been said in many posts - you need to do what feels right for you, but I also feel doing some of your own research can be beneficial.  I know where you're coming from Cindy - I wish you all the best.

p.s. forgot to mention - I'm a 70-year old and live in Canada.

• rosamargarita
    rosamargarita Member Posts: 9
    Options
    Natural approach

Hello Cindy,

I saw your post and wanted to share the experience of my friend.  She was diagnosed breast cancer and the doctor said it was terminal.  After trying radiation and hormone therapy, it did not help.  We were lucky to hear about escozine from another patient in Santo Domingo, and now I am happy to say she has been in remission.  As a result, I started a blog to share information, stories, and news about escozine to share with others.

[content removed by CSN moderators]

I wish you the best with your fight!

Rosa

• mapat
    mapat Member Posts: 7
    Options

I was diagnosed with BC in 2012. Since then, with a whole-foods, plant-based diet, I actually became healthier than ever before. However, after sliding off the diet a bit last fall (eating some meats & fats), I endured 3 months of recurring pain in back and ribs. Just diagnosed last night that the cancer has spread to my bones (spine). Not sure what I will be doing from here...Still looking for answers. 

• KathyLQ
    KathyLQ Member Posts: 100
    Options
    mapat said:

I was diagnosed with BC in 2012. Since then, with a whole-foods, plant-based diet, I actually became healthier than ever before. However, after sliding off the diet a bit last fall (eating some meats & fats), I endured 3 months of recurring pain in back and ribs. Just diagnosed last night that the cancer has spread to my bones (spine). Not sure what I will be doing from here...Still looking for answers. 

So far, I've been OK. I refused chemo and radiation

Hello Cindy and others,

I haven’t posted in quite a while.   I was diagnosed with BC in June 2010, so I’m approaching my 6 year mark.

I had a 3cm tumor, invasive duct carcinoma, which I understand is 80% of all breast cancers.  Mine was positive for estrogen and progesterone receptor expressions, but indeterminant for Her-2/neu, and negative for Her-2/neu over-expression (I’m reading from the lab report).  I was told it placed me in Stage 2.   I had four lymph nodes removed but they were negative.

I choose to immediately have a full mastectomy, followed by reconstruction with a D.I.E.P. flap transfer, a breast lift on the other side, and follow up plastic surgery.  I did take two different aromatase inhibitors for about 15 months, both caused such awful side effects with joint aches and severe skeleton/nerve pain, that I quit those. 

I initially consulted with three different oncologists and two radiologists.  All advocated chemotherapy and radiation of my chest wall.   I did a ton of study on my own, and I choose to do neither.  My job was “computer analysis and programming”, and I simply could not face any possibility of chemo brain.   And years back, I read a great book “The Conquest of Cancer”, written by the late Virginia Livingston-Wheeler, and did believe her analysis of how to treat Cancer, she believed in boosting the immune system.   At about my 2 year point, I again visited a respected oncologist, who, upon my consultation, sat for 20 minutes telling me what all my tests meant.  He said he thought my decision and course was fine, he told me "you'll be fine, go have a good life".   This was a doctor who's seen thousands of cancer patients.   I cried in happiness the day I left his office.

Of course, I always say I have a ‘monkey on my back’.   You just never know the future.   However, due to a bladder infection I just had, and an allergic bloating reaction to the antibiotic given me, I had a complete head to pelvic CT Scan, and it came back completely clear.

So I feel very lucky today, and I’ll keep trying to stay as healthy as I can.

• Fromnytovegas
    Fromnytovegas Member Posts: 9
    Options
    button2 said:

Most of them are NOT doing well

I disapprove of alternative medicine unless it's for simple things like quitting smoking or losing weight. I believe in science. I think the Internet is SO full of bogus stories with people trying to make money from sick people that you just can't believe anything anymore. I did every single thing (surgery, chemo, rads) the doctor ordered and am still here three years later. Unfortunately, many people who denied themselves treatment are not. I eat well and exercise, but I believe what saved me was the oncologists. If you rely on alternative methods, what you are doing is not getting treatment at all. I'm sure you disagree with me, but this is how I feel. I wish you good luck going forward however....

I TOTALLY agree. I had a very

I TOTALLY agree. I had a very good friend who went to a reiki specialist and then her chiropractor son. HE told her he could cure her. I was LIVID. guess what? She's dead. She decided too late to finally see a REAL dr but it was too late.

• twnkltoz
    twnkltoz Member Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    How are you doing, Cindy?

How are you doing, Cindy?