Third time HCC?

XtremediverHCC
XtremediverHCC Member Posts: 63 Member

It's been awhile since I have posted on this forum; VA healthcare just confirmed 2 tumors via MRI in section 6 of liver. I have had HCC twice in the last 9 years with RFA the last time and resection the first time. Hep-C cleared in 2004 but the cirrohsis was too advanced and the cancer began showing up.  Routine surveillance for the last 4+ years since the RFA so I was surprised when this recent US showed these and the MRI showed them with arterial phase enhancement. I have a follow up MRI scheduled in 6 weeks to see what changes (If any) have taken place. Has anyone had HCC three times that is still on this forum or does anyone recall a three time occurence?

Still keeping positive!

Comments

• Positiveme
    Positiveme Member Posts: 10
    Keep it up!

I love your positive attitude and it is inspiring that you can manage through out these 9 years.

My father is now having HCC as well. he did removed his 6 cm tumor last year, but it recurrence and met. to Lung.

Now he only takes nexavar for about 9 months now and looks stabilizing. So far so good.

I will share your story to my dad and definitely we will support you and your family for same journey of HCC.