Pinching in the abdomen area

Cucu me
Cucu me Member Posts: 213 Member

Hi Ladies,

I'm going to have my 3rd chemo on Friday.

Since I started the chemo I'm feeling some pinching in my abdomen.

It does not hurt, it's some time and in different points.

Don't know what is it? Is it the way chemo works or it's the way cancer works....

Have you felt something like that?

Comments

• molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    I had the fluttering pinching

I had the fluttering pinching sensation in the area of my ovaries for a while before diagnosis,I didn't give it any thought ,after diag. I realize the cells were hifiving each other.

In the last month or so several times per day I feel pinching in my spare tire ( Wad of fat between my breast and my navel that circles my abdomen.that which can't be exercised away) not painful just a quick light pinch ,seem to happen at the same place, I have wondered but expects anything.not borrowing worry right now.

It may well be that the chemo is demolishing foundations.Thats what I think in your case being actively on chemo. or just nornal  occurences.

Worrying won't do anything so don't go there.

• pinky104
    pinky104 Member Posts: 574 Member
    cuculigata

I had something that felt like pinching, but it was in one spot only and a bit painful.  It turned out to be from an incisional hernia which resulted from my combined cancer surgery, gallbladder surgery, and appendectomy.  I had surgery for the hernia a couple of years after my cancer surgery, and had mesh implanted so that it wouldn't be likely to come back again.  I still get some pain near the same spot.  I've had a PET scan and multiple CT scans because in checking out the pain, a mass was found in my paracolic gutter, which is near my spine.  It hasn't grown, so my gyn/onc doesn't think it's cancer and will no longer be checking it.  It could be a fluid collectilon from having my lymph nodes removed.  My pain is not in that area, but more in the front right side.  At my annual urologist's appointment, I mentioned it to him.  He found an abnormally large separation in my rectus muscles.  I mentioned this to the PA in my GP's office a few months later, and he told me that could give me a false hernia sensation.

I don't recall any pinching from chemo.  I wonder if you might have adhesions from surgery, assuming you had surgery, and if that might be causing pinching.   I'm not sure how soon adhesions can develop after surgery.  Or you may have a hernia developing.  Mine suddenly got painful about 8 months after surgery when I was exercising on a Pilates machine.  Be sure to mention it to your doctor in case it's something that needs to be treated. 

• Cucu me
    pinky104 said:

cuculigata

I had something that felt like pinching, but it was in one spot only and a bit painful.  It turned out to be from an incisional hernia which resulted from my combined cancer surgery, gallbladder surgery, and appendectomy.  I had surgery for the hernia a couple of years after my cancer surgery, and had mesh implanted so that it wouldn't be likely to come back again.  I still get some pain near the same spot.  I've had a PET scan and multiple CT scans because in checking out the pain, a mass was found in my paracolic gutter, which is near my spine.  It hasn't grown, so my gyn/onc doesn't think it's cancer and will no longer be checking it.  It could be a fluid collectilon from having my lymph nodes removed.  My pain is not in that area, but more in the front right side.  At my annual urologist's appointment, I mentioned it to him.  He found an abnormally large separation in my rectus muscles.  I mentioned this to the PA in my GP's office a few months later, and he told me that could give me a false hernia sensation.

I don't recall any pinching from chemo.  I wonder if you might have adhesions from surgery, assuming you had surgery, and if that might be causing pinching.   I'm not sure how soon adhesions can develop after surgery.  Or you may have a hernia developing.  Mine suddenly got painful about 8 months after surgery when I was exercising on a Pilates machine.  Be sure to mention it to your doctor in case it's something that needs to be treated. 

thank you for all responces

I'll ask the doctor.

Yes,I had surgery back in May, but these pinching started after the chemo.

If I can say shooting pinching here and  there in the abdomen area, not painful and not all the time...

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Cucu me said:

thank you for all responces

I'll ask the doctor.

Yes,I had surgery back in May, but these pinching started after the chemo.

If I can say shooting pinching here and  there in the abdomen area, not painful and not all the time...

I have had that pinching

I have had that pinching feeling, and although your surgery was in May, you can still be healing.    I still get random pinching pains now and then.  I just had one last week.  It felt as if sometime quickly stuck a needle in my side three times real quick.   And that was it.   I also still get some pulling pinching things around my navel.   I have mentioned to my physician when I go for my exams just so it is noted.

• Cucu me
    Kaleena said:

I have had that pinching

I have had that pinching feeling, and although your surgery was in May, you can still be healing.    I still get random pinching pains now and then.  I just had one last week.  It felt as if sometime quickly stuck a needle in my side three times real quick.   And that was it.   I also still get some pulling pinching things around my navel.   I have mentioned to my physician when I go for my exams just so it is noted.

some pulling pinching things around my navel

You described it right.

I'll ask the doctor tomorrow.

Thanks

• Cucu me
    Cucu me said:

some pulling pinching things around my navel

You described it right.

I'll ask the doctor tomorrow.

Thanks

It's from the surgery

According to my Oncologist.

Just an update.

Thanks

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Cucu me said:

It's from the surgery

According to my Oncologist.

Just an update.

Thanks

thanks for the update.   Glad

thanks for the update.   Glad it wasn't anything to worry about, but it is still a pain.

Kathy