Options
2»

Comments

• bevaschia
    bevaschia Member Posts: 53
    Options
    button2 said:

Stay strong

To be honest, it does get a bit harder each time you do a chemo round. The thing is that time goes by, changes in drugs are made and the symptoms change a lot. The diarrhea can become constipation in a matter of days for instance. There's never a dull moment with cancer! The main thing is to treat each symptom before it becomes worse. I had ointments for bloody nose, dry skin, mouth sores, you name it. The hair loss is a huge pain, but I was amazed at how fast my hair came back, thicker too. I had a wig, like you say for special occasions, but mostly I liked fancy scarves. I had a little grey scullcap that I would wear with a long fancy scarf tied around my head and falling down my back. Kind of "Jennifer Lopez"! I got compliments on my fancy scarves all the time. Keep us posted, we love you too...Anna

Love to you all

Thank you, Anna.  I'm doing my best to stay positive.  Sometimes doubt creeps in...but for the most part I'm doing pretty good.  I have some things to mention to the doc about my nose, too.  It's so darn dry and I think cracking inside, so ointment may be in store for me.  Right now, that and the vaginal issues are the worst.  

I was looking at insurance claims last night.  I cannot get over the costs for these drugs!!! I would have never imagined!!  

Family and friends, and all of you have been so supportive through this.  I can't express my gratitude enough.  I wish I could connect with more who are triple positive so we could compare notes, but just having the ability to connect with anyone who is going through or has gone through this stage of treatment is also very comforting.  So, thank you, everyone!  Love to you all.

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    bevaschia said:

Love to you all

Thank you, Anna.  I'm doing my best to stay positive.  Sometimes doubt creeps in...but for the most part I'm doing pretty good.  I have some things to mention to the doc about my nose, too.  It's so darn dry and I think cracking inside, so ointment may be in store for me.  Right now, that and the vaginal issues are the worst.  

I was looking at insurance claims last night.  I cannot get over the costs for these drugs!!! I would have never imagined!!  

Family and friends, and all of you have been so supportive through this.  I can't express my gratitude enough.  I wish I could connect with more who are triple positive so we could compare notes, but just having the ability to connect with anyone who is going through or has gone through this stage of treatment is also very comforting.  So, thank you, everyone!  Love to you all.

triple positive group

Stay on top of the side effects, if something is bothering you call your onc's office and don't wait until your next appointment, by then it'll have gotten worse.

Stay as active as you can, even if it's just a walk around the yard. Yes, I did have more problems with each round of chemo, was using a cane to walk and thought I'd need to use a walker before my last session but the onc decided to reduce my dose for the last session.

As for talking with other triple positive women, have you checked out breastcancer.org? Their discussion forums are divided by topics. Do a Search for triple positive, I noticed they have some discussion forums specific for triple positive. When I was getting my chemo I found a forum of women who all started their chemo in July of 2014, so we had our own support group of 30 women. Just make sure you mark any forum as a favorite that you like or it's hard to find it again.

• realmichelle7335
    realmichelle7335 Member Posts: 8
    Options
    newly diagnosed also

Hi Bev... I was recently diagnosed as well. My surgical oncologist sent me for complete body scans first thing after my biopsy results came back and was found to be aggressive. It appears that each Dr is different, but for me being safe and covering everything is what I needed to help stay positive. I would definitely talk to him and voice your concerns. It can only help right :) I have had surgery and will begin chemo next week because my nodes were positive. If you need to talk I am here anytime. We can help each other through :) you can add me on fb if I'm not on here. It is Amy Williams.