after much thinking

tjhay1
tjhay1 Member Posts: 18

after much thinking i decided that this is a perfect opportunity to tell my story and let outsiders see how it is to live with cancer. I got to thinking that maybe i could help one person then it would make it worth it all. a person with or with out cancer. so i started a blog i would like to invite you guys to read it and let me know what you think and maybe even help me with it on things i dont think or in my atempt to help someone.

https://cheftracisue.wordpress.com/

tjhay

Comments

• Puffin2014
    Puffin2014 Member Posts: 531 Member
    thanks for posting

I sent the address for your blog to a friend who was recently diagnosed as stage iv. See you in the chat room.

• disneyfan2008
    disneyfan2008 Member Posts: 6,583 Member
    Great idea...thanks for

Great idea...thanks for sharing..

• MrsBob
    MrsBob Member Posts: 77
    Hi!

I read your blog and its great :) I also have been thinking of writing a blog, but i dont know where to begin or how it works. It looks like some cost money? Some have a trial period, then what? Any info for that?

I am also a lifer, stage 4 bc mets who currently dances with NED :)

Hugs,

Missy

• desertgirl947
    desertgirl947 Member Posts: 653 Member
    MrsBob said:

Hi!

I read your blog and its great :) I also have been thinking of writing a blog, but i dont know where to begin or how it works. It looks like some cost money? Some have a trial period, then what? Any info for that?

I am also a lifer, stage 4 bc mets who currently dances with NED :)

Hugs,

Missy

You can blog for free -- I

You can blog for free -- I have two that I have had on and off for several years. 

eBlogger you can access through Google.

WordPress is also free.  Some of my relatives use that one, and I have heard a lot of good things about it -- may change myself.

My writings aren't "out there."  I do occasionally share the links, as one relates to my initial battle with cancer -- with a few updates.  I put my journal into blog form because at that time, I did not want to lose what I wrote should my computer die.  (Now I do more with Google docs than with Microsoft word.  So, the materials aren't saved in my computer -- they are accessible at my google docs site.)

Even if you just write for yourself, that's great.  You will be able to go back, when you want to, to remind yourself of where you were to where you are now.  I know that I have forgotten some things but am reminded when I go back and read parts.

Hope this helps.

• GlowMore
    GlowMore Member Posts: 789 Member

You can blog for free -- I

You can blog for free -- I have two that I have had on and off for several years. 

eBlogger you can access through Google.

WordPress is also free.  Some of my relatives use that one, and I have heard a lot of good things about it -- may change myself.

My writings aren't "out there."  I do occasionally share the links, as one relates to my initial battle with cancer -- with a few updates.  I put my journal into blog form because at that time, I did not want to lose what I wrote should my computer die.  (Now I do more with Google docs than with Microsoft word.  So, the materials aren't saved in my computer -- they are accessible at my google docs site.)

Even if you just write for yourself, that's great.  You will be able to go back, when you want to, to remind yourself of where you were to where you are now.  I know that I have forgotten some things but am reminded when I go back and read parts.

Hope this helps.

Blog*

Hi...I did try to read the blog but didn't really understand it too well.  It appears to be a Lesbian Blog?  I'm old and trying to understand a lot of this but can't really so please forgive me.  Saw where you say you are 'male' on your home page and at first I thought you were a biological man who had BC...and then read about the spread to the pelvic area and so it really matters not about your sex does it?  What matters is your battle...and male or female....man or woman...you are a human being fighting cancer and that is what is your focus and our focus.......Prayers for strength and courage and keep blogging  ** Glo