Lots of things going on and now a rash?

ShakerMom
ShakerMom Member Posts: 10

Hi everyone,

i don't generally ally post here, but have a question. I developed a lump that was painful near my sternum. CT scan did't reveal anything, so my oncologist scheduled a bone scan. Had the bone scan on Friday and am awaiting the results. Also, about two weeks ago, I switched my meds to aromasin due to the fact that I was having problems with tendonitis. I now have a rash all over my back and is spreading onto my stomach and chest. Could the rash be due to either the aromasin or the bone scan? Has anybody had this problem? 

Any help would be appreciated. Hate to go back to the doc again unless necessary as I'm beginning to feel like a professional patient.

Thanks,

Natalie

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Shingles perhaps?

Might be a good idea to ask your DR about the possibility of Shingles.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan 

• alabama_survivor
    alabama_survivor Member Posts: 85
    Don't know if this is

Don't know if this is relevant, but when I was doing the weekly Taxol, I developed blistering on my hands that started as rash up and down both arms.  It eventually spread to my back, my stomach, and my legs.  The oncologist verified that it was from the Taxol.  We did steroids, plus a 2 week break from chemo.

• ShakerMom
    ShakerMom Member Posts: 10
    Rague said:

Shingles perhaps?

Might be a good idea to ask your DR about the possibility of Shingles.

Winyan - The Power Within

Susan 

Ouch!

Thanks, Susan! I'll check with her, but I certainly hope it's not shingles!

The big question is do I talk to my internist, my medical onc, or my surgical onc (who ordered the bone scan)?

• jessiesmom1
    jessiesmom1 Member Posts: 915 Member

Don't know if this is

Don't know if this is relevant, but when I was doing the weekly Taxol, I developed blistering on my hands that started as rash up and down both arms.  It eventually spread to my back, my stomach, and my legs.  The oncologist verified that it was from the Taxol.  We did steroids, plus a 2 week break from chemo.

Extensive Rash

What stood out to me in your post was the fact that you recently switched meds. Have you considered that you might simply be allergic to it? Hope you find some answers and relief. I would first talk to the doctor who prescribed the Aromasin. I assume that would be your medical oncologist. 

IRENE