Alternative Medicine

Options
TLAlways
TLAlways Member Posts: 15

Has anyone with advanced RCC that has spread to the lungs turned to alternative medicine?  If so what, where and did it worK?

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

Comments

• Yeric
    Yeric Member Posts: 65
    Options
    Alternative Medicine

This is a hard one.   I looked in that direction in 2004.    I did not see much going on in that field.  

At times like this I would advise a second  opinion.   Look in the direction of clinical trials.  Get yourselves an honest to dog expert.  

You are not alone. 

Bobby

• xerxes99
    xerxes99 Member Posts: 7
    Options
    Holistic treatments

I am being treated at Amitabha Medical Clinic in Snta Rosa CA.  My RCC metastasized to bone but ther are patients whose RCC went to their lungs.  Dr. Eliaz has a special interest in RCC so has researched it extensively.  Patients come to him from all over the world for many types of cancer, etc. but the clinic is relatively small.

• donna_lee
    donna_lee Member Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    xerxes99 said:

Holistic treatments

I am being treated at Amitabha Medical Clinic in Snta Rosa CA.  My RCC metastasized to bone but ther are patients whose RCC went to their lungs.  Dr. Eliaz has a special interest in RCC so has researched it extensively.  Patients come to him from all over the world for many types of cancer, etc. but the clinic is relatively small.

I had a friend

from grade school who went on to become a writer, an MD, and the first MD to write about and promote alternative and holistic medicine.  I know he tried every type of treatment out there, but he still died of multiple myeloma.  Did he live longer than he would have?  Probably. 

Some of you may have known him as Doc Tom-Tom Ferguson, MD.  He passed away in 2006, just as I was Dx'd.

RIP, Tom

Donna

• Dembel
    Dembel Member Posts: 32
    Options
    Herbal treatments

Hihi,

Interesting topic, I don't really believe in alternative medicine (if I think purely scientifically), however......one would do anything that has a potential chance.

In dogs and horses, I've seen soms good results (at least in prolonging life) with herbal treatments. Unfortunately, there are not many good herbalists in Europe, maybe in US? In Australia I know one, and I would say.....worth a try. I will try to convince my husband to go on this herbal treatment, but not sure I will succeed....

grtz

Demi