i have a question

Options
wild willy
wild willy Member Posts: 63 Member

i am 4.5 years out now and need to see if some of my issues are " normal " MY CANCER was right tonsal. the right side of my neck hurts most of the time as well as the top of my right ear, throat soar a lot of the time on the right side.my taste has never returned and my memory is shot to hell. i'm 75 yrs old and i wonder if the memory thing is age or a gift from the chemo. thats just a few questions i would like help with.

Comments

• wmc
    wmc Member Posts: 1,804
    Options
    Yes, Yes, and I don't know...

Having the pain can be normal or a side effect of all that was cut. The pain on top of ear, not sure as I had pain in my ear from the cancer but when they cut it out my pain went with it. I have Tinnitus so I always hav a sound like crickets on very high speed, but I use to hear things like gun shots or explosions that wern't there when I would lay down to sleep. Those are also gone after surgery so they were cancer related. As for memory, I forget. It might be a side effect or med related.

Bill

• lornal
    lornal Member Posts: 428
    Options
    sore throat

Dehydration can cause a sore throat.  Acid reflux also.  I had that after my 2014 laryngectomy.  I was convinced that I was going to have a sore throat forever.  It was on the right where I had the tonsil cance in 2007.   My new primary doctor asked if it could be reflux.  I said no. I was wrong.   It was reflux - and if I ate smaller portions and nothing spicy - it did go away.

Now, when I am tired, I do get reflux more, and get a sore throat - usually in the evening - when I AM tired.  I do take prilosec 40mg 2x a day, and that helps.

Lorna 2007 & 2014

• Hondo
    Hondo Member Posts: 6,636 Member
    Options
    Hi Willy

Say what they want but I lost a lot of memory do to treatment; I also lost the ability to multitask. I use to be able to handle 8 to 10 jobs at one time and remember everyone of them and what is going on day by day, now I am lucky if I can get one done in a day and remember what I did tomorrow. I love RC airplanes but I can’t fly them anymore, I have no problem with the takeoff or flying, I just can land, it requires doing to many things at the same time. But the good new I can still enjoy life and do most of the things I love to do, so it is what it is I guess.

What did you say your name was again, also my dyslexia is back worse then ever but life is so sweet

Tim

• wild willy
    wild willy Member Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Hondo said:

Hi Willy

Say what they want but I lost a lot of memory do to treatment; I also lost the ability to multitask. I use to be able to handle 8 to 10 jobs at one time and remember everyone of them and what is going on day by day, now I am lucky if I can get one done in a day and remember what I did tomorrow. I love RC airplanes but I can’t fly them anymore, I have no problem with the takeoff or flying, I just can land, it requires doing to many things at the same time. But the good new I can still enjoy life and do most of the things I love to do, so it is what it is I guess.

What did you say your name was again, also my dyslexia is back worse then ever but life is so sweet

Tim

memory

i can relate tro that. cant keep a thought or idea long enough to do anything about it . still chugging along doing most things i want to. horseback everyday and waiting for oct. to go elk hunting unless i forget what i'm waiting for. everyone take care.  Bill