2»

Comments

• Allochka
    Allochka Member Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

Thanks JoJo for your

Thanks JoJo for your encouraging words!

Allochka and Srashedb

I know it sounds crazy but hearing the worst case: 2 year prognosis helps me because it is the reason we are cashing in some of our 401k’s now.  We want to travel.  It’s funny but once before my husband wasn’t doing well and I booked a family trip to Vegas.  After I booked it (but before the actual trip) the dr. gave us the great news that he had another patient with similar results that he has been treating 9 years.  I remember thinking Oh God why did we just shell out all that money?  I was suffering from buyers remorse with that trip! J

I don’t want to delay in our trips and building memories.  If he continues strong for 9 more years think of all the great memories we will have from thinking “we don’t’ have much longer, we gotta get out there and live!” 

I really wish we would’ve started his Short Term Disability sooner than we did.  I have a LOT of regret about that.  We turned in our paperwork 6/25 thinking, lets just do it, then we can take trips and enjoy our time.  Then boom, he was bedridden.  That to me was the strangest thing!

My granddaughter is almost 8 weeks old.  My husbands granddaughter is almost 1 year old.  They are the cutest!!!!

Dembel

I’m glad I’m not the only crazy one.  I’m in good company! J

Yes, live life, never

Yes, live life, never postpone it! i think it is applicable to everyone, even without cancer diagnosis. Everyone could be hit by a bus or smth... 2 years ago a roof crashed in a supermarket in our country, killing 50 people. So you never know, better  to enjoy today than wait for tomorrow, which may never come.

But somehow I'm sure after reading these board that even with Stage 4 people live much-much longer. Your husband will see your grandchildren grow and get older than 2-3 years!

Our daughter is 9 weeks old now, smiles and coos, so I can imagine what a joy your granddaughter is now! Enjoy, I'm so happy for you! :-)