Had repeat bronchoscopy

Options
Ro10
Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member

it did not show any healing from the damage From the radiation.    I don't go back for two to three months.   That makes me think it will take that long for healing to occur.   Not very hopeful for a quick recovery.   I think the bronchoscopy aggravated my cough.  Itis more frequent.   The. Nausea is constant, too.   I was doing much better before I had the repeat bronchoscopy .   I sure wish Iknew what would help. I an running out of days before we leave for our trip.

i hope all of you are feeling better than I am.   In peace and caring.

Comments

• Cucu me
    Cucu me Member Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I wish you were better

Hopefully in a while.

Crossing my fingers for all.

• Kathy G.
    Kathy G. Member Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    Ro, I wish you were feeling

Ro, I wish you were feeling better, too! Neither nausea or constant coughing is pleasant. After all you have been thru you deserve a break!

I pray for you & hope that your trip is not affected by your current condition. Take it one day at a time. Things will hopefully get back to where you were before the repeat bronchoscopy.

Take care!

Kathy

• NoTimeForCancer
    NoTimeForCancer Member Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Ro, I am so sorry to hear

Ro, I am so sorry to hear this.  I hope it will ease up for you to enjoy your trip.  You are in my prayers.  

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options

Ro, I am so sorry to hear

Ro, I am so sorry to hear this.  I hope it will ease up for you to enjoy your trip.  You are in my prayers.  

Ro,

I echo the above.  Take care

• Kaleena
    Kaleena Member Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Ro, I hope you feel better

Ro, I hope you feel better for your trip.  Thinking of you.

Kathy

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Continuing to keep you in my prayers and send healing vibes

Ro, I wish I could do more for you!  I hope things ease up and you take the much needed respite you have planned.  Hugs to you - Anne

• Lisa 00
    Lisa 00 Member Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    So very sorry to hear of your

So very sorry to hear of your troubles, Ro.  Have you tried using a humidifier in your bedroom? 

• TeddyandBears_Mom
    TeddyandBears_Mom Member Posts: 1,811 Member
    Options
    Ro, I hope you are feeling

Ro, I hope you are feeling better and are able to make your trip. So sorry you are going through this.

• HellieC
    HellieC Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    So sorry to read this

So sorry to read this, Ro.  I guess it only to be expected that the procedure has caused some irritation, but disappointing that it didn't show healing.  I hope the irritation settles down soon - you so need and derserve your vacation.

As the other ladies have said - one day at a time - it must improve soon to where it was before the procedure.

Kindest wishes
    Helen xx

• molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    Options
    So Sorry.

Ro10, I am sorry to hear how things are at this time .I am hoping that this will pass soon and you will be able to take your trip. Showers of blessing.

Nuff love Ro.

• molimoli
    Options
    So Sorry.

Ro10, I am sorry to hear how things are at this time .I am hoping that this will pass soon and you will be able to take your trip. Showers of blessing.

Nuff love Ro.

• Ro10
    Ro10 Member Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    molimoli said:

So Sorry.

Nuff love Ro.

Thanks for all the encourement and well wishes

it was a rough week again.   Continued cough and continued nausea.   Had a fever of 101 over the weekend.   I called and got an antibiotic on Monday.  Got a new anti nausea medicine - Kytril ordered.   Just got approval from insurance company to take this med. Hope it will work better than the zofrin, compazine and Ativan.  

I do use a humidifier at night.   I sleep on a wedge.  Nighttime rest is better.   So that is a positive.   Talking continues to aggravate the cough, so I avoid talking if possible.

We are going to attempt our 15 day bus trip Leaving on Saturday morning.  I sure hope I can enjoy the beautiful scenery.  

My last CA -125 remains stable.   It was 1996 and is now 1926.   The doctor told me that no chemo would be considered until the tracheal area is healed.   So that means no chemo for 3 months.  That is another positive.

UThanks again for the prayers and blessings.   They are much appreciated.  In peace and caring.

• mamamoody
    mamamoody Member Posts: 28
    Options
    Ro10 said:

it was a rough week again.   Continued cough and continued nausea.   Had a fever of 101 over the weekend.   I called and got an antibiotic on Monday.  Got a new anti nausea medicine - Kytril ordered.   Just got approval from insurance company to take this med. Hope it will work better than the zofrin, compazine and Ativan.  

I do use a humidifier at night.   I sleep on a wedge.  Nighttime rest is better.   So that is a positive.   Talking continues to aggravate the cough, so I avoid talking if possible.

We are going to attempt our 15 day bus trip Leaving on Saturday morning.  I sure hope I can enjoy the beautiful scenery.  

My last CA -125 remains stable.   It was 1996 and is now 1926.   The doctor told me that no chemo would be considered until the tracheal area is healed.   So that means no chemo for 3 months.  That is another positive.

UThanks again for the prayers and blessings.   They are much appreciated.  In peace and caring.

Godspeed

I'm so sorry you've been having such a rough time, Ro.  I sincerely hope you are feeling well enough to take your trip.    Have an amazing time!

• molimoli
    Options
    Pick trip.

Hi RO, I hope the new med. will bring some relief soon, so you can enjoy the ride. Here is my unsolicited opinion:Facts : If the meds doesn't do the job and you stay home  you will cough, If the meds doesn't do the job and you go on the trip you will cough, If  all else is ok  Pick the trip. You will have some laughs and some  wows !  between coughs.  Have a good time in spite of.

• txtrisha55
    txtrisha55 Member Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Ro10 said:

Glad to know that you are feeling better.

Have fun on your trip. Praying for you. trish

• Sandy3185
    Sandy3185 Member Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Ro10 said:

Vacation

Ro, I hope you have left on your vacation by the time you read this!  A vacation is always a great "pick me up" and helps take your mind off everything you have going on. I so admire your strength and fortitude in your continuing fight. You are an inspiration to all of us.

Has your doctor considered that you may have a fungal infection? I know your doctor has done a lot of testing and has probably already considered this but just in case..

Bon Voyage, Sandy 

• HellieC
    HellieC Member Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Ro10 said:

Have a great trip, Ro

This may reach you too late, but I hope you have a great trip, Ro.  Glad to see that the CA 125 is remaining stable - that really is a positive at a time when I'm sure you needed some good news.  I hope that the new meds help and that a change of scenery is a morale booster for you.

Kindest wishes
    Helen xxx

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    molimoli said:

Pick trip.

Hi RO, I hope the new med. will bring some relief soon, so you can enjoy the ride. Here is my unsolicited opinion:Facts : If the meds doesn't do the job and you stay home  you will cough, If the meds doesn't do the job and you go on the trip you will cough, If  all else is ok  Pick the trip. You will have some laughs and some  wows !  between coughs.  Have a good time in spite of.

Ro, I echo the sentiments of all the ladies

Hopefully, the new medication helps reduce your symptoms. You may be off on your trip already this morning and I sure wish that your vacation will be wonderful and peaceful. God bless you, Ro, and all the kind and loving women on this Board.

Cathy