Please please help me

bigal88
bigal88 Member Posts: 14

Looking for response to my earlier post further down the page."how common is this".LOOKING FOR INFO FROM ANYONE WHO HAS HAD THIS OR HAS EVER HEARD OF THIS.

Comments

• PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Here you go

How common is this?

• Lovekitties
    Lovekitties Member Posts: 3,364 Member
    We would if we could

Based on the comments you received on your original post, I think you have gotten all that anyone here can give you.

Have you asked your doctor?  With his experience, it would seem he has a broader network to draw from.

I recognize your description of the lung involvement, as that is what my sister's looked like, but hers were mets from uterine cancer, not colon cancer.  In her case the doctor said no options other than chemo because of the wide dispersal of mets.

If you feel you need more information, perhaps you need a second opinion with a pulmonary oncologist.

Marie who loves kitties

• annalexandria
    annalexandria Member Posts: 2,571 Member
    I realize this is a terrifying situation

and I think all you can really do is just try to accept the fact that cancer doesn't play by any particular rules.  Although there are certain scenarios that are most common, there are a ton of uncommon ones too.  Personally, I have a very weird tumor type, and the areas of spread that I have experienced weren't the norm.  But it didn't change my options really...it's still chemo, surgery, and radiation in most cases.

So I guess I would recommend continuing to talk to your doc (and get a 2nd opinion if you can, just to make sure you're on the right track), and then try not to worry too much about whether or not your situation is "rare".  Right now your focus needs to be on treatment and getting better!

Good luck~AA