Update from Laz.

lp1964
lp1964 Member Posts: 1,239 Member

HI Everyone,

I come here almost every day and try my best to give good support and advise to those who need it. I just had my 6 month check up again and everything is looking good. I was very nervous because my CEA went from 1.3 to 1.7, but under 2.5 is normal they say. The ct did not show anything. I dont know when they start counting NED. I had my surgery in October of 2013 and finished chemo in March of 2014. I count it from the day they took that darn thing out of my body. And that will be almost 2 years ago.

I wish everybody a great summer and sending endless love and support to those who are fighting like Sue, Jeff, Phil and others.

Laz

Comments

• Trubrit
    Trubrit Member Posts: 5,796 Member
    Such wonderful news!

And I remember you joining us. Can it really be two years? Isn't it good to have it so far behind us. 

I am trying to decide what to celebrate. My last treatment, July 15th 2013. My last Cancer incident, Liver surgery April 25th 2015. Heck! I'll celebrate both. 

May we continue to celebrate for many years to come. 

Sue - Trubrit

• Cathleen Mary
    Cathleen Mary Member Posts: 827 Member
    Trubrit said:

Such wonderful news!

And I remember you joining us. Can it really be two years? Isn't it good to have it so far behind us. 

I am trying to decide what to celebrate. My last treatment, July 15th 2013. My last Cancer incident, Liver surgery April 25th 2015. Heck! I'll celebrate both. 

May we continue to celebrate for many years to come. 

Sue - Trubrit

That is such wonderful news,

That is such wonderful news, Laz. Not so important when NED came as long as it stays around :-)

CM

• lizard44
    lizard44 Member Posts: 409 Member
    Glad

To hear your good news- enjoy your summer.

• hippiechicks
    hippiechicks Member Posts: 509 Member
    Congrats to you on your clean

Congrats to you on your clean scan and continued NED!!  This will be a summer to celebrate with most certainly feeling so much better than last!  Cool

• NewHere
    NewHere Member Posts: 1,427 Member
    Love Reading This

Such great news

NP.jpg

TN.gif

• Easyflip
    Easyflip Member Posts: 588 Member
    That's

Sooooo great Laz!!

Easyflip/Richard

• janderson1964
    janderson1964 Member Posts: 2,215 Member
    Congratulations Laz. And you

Congratulations Laz. And you are right, they start counting NED from your surgery date as long as they get clear margains which is the case with you. That info I got from my oncologist.

• TheLadySkye
    TheLadySkye Member Posts: 203 Member
    That's wonderful news! 

That's wonderful news!  Praying for a lifetime of NED for you!!!

• Helen321
    Helen321 Member Posts: 1,459 Member
    Yeahhhhh NED!  Congraulations

Yeahhhhh NED!  Congraulations Laz, great news.  I had my checkup also and clean bill of health.  I've been taking a break from the boards as cancer, divorce and a bunch of other stuff was just overwhelming and I needed to breath but great to pop on and hear such good news.

• skeets1961
    skeets1961 Member Posts: 56
    Awesome news!  Enjoy your

Awesome news!  Enjoy your summer and relax.  :)