ifIf you have had a recurrance

Susan P
Susan P Member Posts: 103

hI All I am still in Wait & see mode  with 3 month appts & NED  I am not  obsesssively worrying

But being vigilant But& learning all I can about recurrancel I can about recurrance.  

At my last visit - I said:  I must have cancer cells in me" to which she agreed & unless they get togeter & create a tumor - we really won't know about them -  Finally I asked - If I have a tumour grow - will I have symptoms - & she figured yes.

My question to you all Is with your rec urrance - did you get sick again?.  loose weight?  asacuites? generally not feel well?

I've chosen not tio take preventive chemo - unless they find a reasion have found something specific to target

REMEMBER   ** no amount of worry willchange anything**

Susan P from Southern Alberta Canada & TX & WY

Comments

• Jue
    Jue Member Posts: 80
    Hi susan , just waiting for

Hi susan , just waiting for surgery on 6th July for 1st recurrance my numbers have been very slowly rising since Christmas now up to 96 and my scan shows some small areas of concern ( tiny tumours ) on my diaphragm . I knew where they were as I have had little sharp pains in that area and also that feeling of being full quickly again when eating a meal , I knew straight away it was back , I was dreading chemo but the surgery option then 3month check ups is far better for me , I like you like to be prepared but this disease is so unpredictable and sneaky it seems to get us when life is good and we are not expecting it . I hope you never recur and if you do it's back to NED quickly so you can enjoy life and your family . Jue xx

• Ziva
    Ziva Member Posts: 16
    I have had 1 recurrence.

I have had 1 recurrence. Never had any symptoms. The 3 month ct scan found it.

• seatown
    seatown Member Posts: 261
    my last recurrence?

2015-06-30

FYI, I have had recurrences bigtime. Only sign was rising CA125, but scans confirmed the recurrences. Now in the midst of another recurrence, too sick to get chemo today. Plenty of symptoms now--distended abdomen (but it's not ascites, they say), pain, weakness, etc., etc. All the grim details are at www.CaringBridge.org/visit/CaroleSeaton