Feeling very low

Options

today I am feeling very low. My mum has been on stage 4 treatment for 3 months. Her cough due to cancer in her lungs is getting worse. She is low on energy all the time. There is still 5 weeks before the next scan. Her white blood cells showed improvement though this week. But watching her suffer this is very painful. i still believe she will beat this illness. But staying positive is so hard sometimes! Just want to say a prayer for her and all the beautiful people who are suffering from this horrible illness. i hope I get to share and hear lots of remission stories soon!

Comments

• Hybridspirits
    Hybridspirits Member Posts: 209
    Options
    Prayers for your mom

I am so sorry your mom is going through this.  You are a wonderful daugheter to be right by her side.  Treatment isn't easy and you are right staying positive isn't easy.    There are other posts out here that show Stage 4 remission which i so rewarding to read.     While my stage wasn't 4 I also have an agressive (grade 3) cancer and yesterday I got my two year scan results and they look clear, still waiting for oncologist appt on Monday but my read looked good.

Stay positive,  enjoy your time with your mother and I am saying prayers for your mom and you as well

hugs

Sharon

• shush_silent
    shush_silent Member Posts: 6
    Options
    hugs

It can be difficult to stay positive, that is true.. but what a beautiful soul you have ... to keep fighting right along with your mom... I will say a prayer too... for you both, and all the doctors and nurses involved in your mom's care...I look forward to hearing all the great news that you'll be sharing with us soon!!

• AWK
    AWK Member Posts: 364 Member
    Options

hugs

It can be difficult to stay positive, that is true.. but what a beautiful soul you have ... to keep fighting right along with your mom... I will say a prayer too... for you both, and all the doctors and nurses involved in your mom's care...I look forward to hearing all the great news that you'll be sharing with us soon!!

Keeping her and you in my prayers.

I was Dx stage IIIC in April 2013; second opinion had me at Stage IVB due to distance from tumors to Furthest met during surgery.  UPSC.  I have been in continuous treatment since then due to ongoing progression.  I think it is okay to have up and down days.  It is healthy and we need the outlet.  Mostly I am positive but every now and then I give in.  As someone said to me once, maintaining a positive attitude all of the time and being told you are brave and a fighter all of the time is exhausting.  I am mostly positive and have had amazing experiences because of my cancer but a good cry is also healthy too.  Which I had yesterday upon learning my cancer continues to progress.  My goal is to live with cancer so I work, ride my horse and do things that make me happy - create new memories for my family and loved ones.  

Keeping her and your family in my prayers.  Anne

• yamster34
    yamster34 Member Posts: 75
    Options
    My mom is a breast cancer

My mom is a breast cancer survivor and treatment was not easy on her. She had blood transfusions and nausea and neuropathy. She has been in remission since 2010! It is not easy watching a parent go thru this! I find that me being told I had terminal cancer more than 9 months was easier than watching my parents go thru it. Dad's fight did not end the same way as mom's did. Thankfully there are many cancer survivors! I pray that your mom will also be a survivor!

Prayers and blessings,

Amy

• ConnieSW
    ConnieSW Member Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    yamster34 said:

My mom is a breast cancer survivor and treatment was not easy on her. She had blood transfusions and nausea and neuropathy. She has been in remission since 2010! It is not easy watching a parent go thru this! I find that me being told I had terminal cancer more than 9 months was easier than watching my parents go thru it. Dad's fight did not end the same way as mom's did. Thankfully there are many cancer survivors! I pray that your mom will also be a survivor!

Prayers and blessings,

Amy

Anne

I'm sorry to learn you've had a setback.  I'm hoping the great team of docs you have find another angle.  In the meantime, keep making memories.  That's my goal

• Abbycat2
    Abbycat2 Member Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    ConnieSW said:

Anne

I'm sorry to learn you've had a setback.  I'm hoping the great team of docs you have find another angle.  In the meantime, keep making memories.  That's my goal

Anne, you have been in my thoughts

Dear Anne,

You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I often wish that your cancer would simply stop progressing and begin to disappear. I wish this for all the women here. Fortunately, you have a great team of doctors to assist you. I agree that it can be exhausting to be strong and forever positive. As you know, I have my ups and downs, too-yet I find peace when I connect with my sisters on this Board. Keep making those memories! In my mind's eye, I can picture you galloping on your horse with the magnificent creature's mane and tail flowing in the breeze. I love horseback riding but haven't been on a horse in many years. In a few days, we will be driving north to upstate Georgia to visit family on Lake Burton in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. It will be a welcome break from my job.

A warm hug,

Cathy

• Diya
    Diya Member Posts: 93
    Options
    Abbycat2 said:

Anne, you have been in my thoughts

Dear Anne,

You have been in my thoughts and prayers and I often wish that your cancer would simply stop progressing and begin to disappear. I wish this for all the women here. Fortunately, you have a great team of doctors to assist you. I agree that it can be exhausting to be strong and forever positive. As you know, I have my ups and downs, too-yet I find peace when I connect with my sisters on this Board. Keep making those memories! In my mind's eye, I can picture you galloping on your horse with the magnificent creature's mane and tail flowing in the breeze. I love horseback riding but haven't been on a horse in many years. In a few days, we will be driving north to upstate Georgia to visit family on Lake Burton in the foothills of the Appalachian mountains. It will be a welcome break from my job.

A warm hug,

Cathy

Thankyou

Thankyou ladies for your support! Last 3 days have been rough but I am back to being positive today! I don't know you but here you are helping me... What a wonderful world this is!! It is worth living for and fighting for the awesome gift of life! A big hug to all of you!

Three cheers to the comment "keep making new memories"! I love it :-)

• Diya
    Options
    AWK said:

I was Dx stage IIIC in April 2013; second opinion had me at Stage IVB due to distance from tumors to Furthest met during surgery.  UPSC.  I have been in continuous treatment since then due to ongoing progression.  I think it is okay to have up and down days.  It is healthy and we need the outlet.  Mostly I am positive but every now and then I give in.  As someone said to me once, maintaining a positive attitude all of the time and being told you are brave and a fighter all of the time is exhausting.  I am mostly positive and have had amazing experiences because of my cancer but a good cry is also healthy too.  Which I had yesterday upon learning my cancer continues to progress.  My goal is to live with cancer so I work, ride my horse and do things that make me happy - create new memories for my family and loved ones.  

Anne

i am so sorry to hear your cancer has progressed! I do hope it is only a temporary setback. I hope you recover very soon and live the beautiful life that you should! Love, hugs and prayers for your recovery, diya 

• Diya
    Options
    yamster34 said:

Prayers and blessings,

Amy

Amy

thank you Amy for your support. I am so sorry you have had to go through this illness with your parents and now yourself! i will pray that you come out a survivor very soon as well! Lots of love, hugs and prayers for your recovery, diya

• molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    Options
    AWK said:

Anne, too bad the creator made no promises

To keep us from physical harm , therefore, we still must embrace life with all of it's rough edges and disappointments, giving up is not a sensible option and I see you are not doing that, so my sister ,pick yourself up ,dust yourself off  and start your fight anew. I have asked the Creator to intervene and bestow upon you added strength,courage and renewed hope.

As you process this new reality our thoughts and best wishes  are with you, and will be with you all the while, as every one's ' gut punch ' frightens the rest of us,  but for us  flight is not an option, for better or worse this darn thing will now remain our reality even when we have out -foxed  it , the journey  and the fear of it's return will be etched in our minds with an  indelible pen forever. What a powerful ,awful beast cancer is. thus, our resolve  should be to hurry up with living, saying NO to all unimportant issues  and the stress they bring. 

Showers of blessings Anne.  nuff nuff love.

Moli

• molimoli
    molimoli Member Posts: 514
    Options
    AWK said:

Expressing my current thoughts.

To all of you sisters I wish you enhanced health ,boosted courage  and a peace of mind that passeth all understanding. I am reaching for all of the above, they are placed high ,I have short hands but I am becoming an expert on tippy-toeing,  becoming, yes.  Have a great Sunday We are pained bodies but alive bodies.

Nuff love  Moli.

• Editgrl
    Editgrl Member Posts: 903 Member
    Options
    Diya said:

Thankyou

Thankyou ladies for your support! Last 3 days have been rough but I am back to being positive today! I don't know you but here you are helping me... What a wonderful world this is!! It is worth living for and fighting for the awesome gift of life! A big hug to all of you!

Three cheers to the comment "keep making new memories"! I love it :-)

Just being there

by your mom's side while she goes through this means the world to her.  I did this with my own mother, and I am grateful for that time we battled together.  It brought us closer in ways I would never have imagined.  Wishing for good news for you both in the future.

Chris

• Diya
    Options
    Editgrl said:

Just being there

by your mom's side while she goes through this means the world to her.  I did this with my own mother, and I am grateful for that time we battled together.  It brought us closer in ways I would never have imagined.  Wishing for good news for you both in the future.

Chris

Chris

thank you for your note. Today someone told me that we have to get on with our lives. We have to each go one day anyway so shouldn't put our lives on hold for parents. It felt so wrong to hear it. I am coming across most people who as soon as they hear the word cancer just start believing that this person is almost gone so let's just move on. What a terrible attitude! We all know it's a very serious illness but if we don't fight it, then ofcourse that will be the outcome. So many people have managed to beat it through strong will for survival. We have to support the ones who want to beat it. I am still in disbelief after hearing it!